WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 28, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=722033)
-   -   Party Heat in Havasu (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711738)

slipknot 06-30-2009 10:39 AM

TruTV was on last night showing an episode from Party Heat where they were at Havasu. There were these roadies from WY the driver dude got busted for a DUI and was taken away, they let another girl drive the boat away. The dudes girlfriend kept goin on about how she was a professional alky, blah blah blah, and for fun tested the blowtron, she blew a .339 or something retarded. They found her later that day drving the boat around London Bridge and carted her away. And people wonder why boating accidents almost always involve adult beverages, tools like those people. <BR> <BR>Please be safe this holiday weekend folks, we are all out there to have fun, just some others are out there to not make it back to the dock sober. <BR> <BR>I would hate to have the job of dealing with intoxicated people who think its ok to boat at the same time. <BR> <BR>Have a safe and Happy 4th of July! <BR> <BR>There are a few videos as reminders of what can happen when you drink and drive boat, if you do....... <BR> <BR><a href="http://www.trutv.com/shows/party_heat/index.html?pid=TnsjRYUlFDHw_cRHQojhEwSHY3U6Lwx7" target="_blank">http://www.trutv.com/shows/party_heat/index.html?pid=TnsjRYUlFDHw_cRHQojhEwSHY3U6Lwx7</a>

nauty 06-30-2009 10:59 AM

The punk who wouldn't shut up when the cop told him to was just a dumb ass!!! It was pure joy to watch him get arrested for nothing more than being a cocky smart ass.

wakeworld 06-30-2009 11:03 AM

I saw that episode too. Crazy stuff! My brother in law is a captain on the fire department in Havasu and had to deal with a lot of the "drunken tourist" mentality. Obviously, they never take their boat out on busy weekends like that.

tj_in_kc 06-30-2009 11:19 AM

That show is awesome! Hopefully be some new episodes of Party Heat soon...

nauty 06-30-2009 11:38 AM

I watched a few more of those clips and in general the morons featured on them epitomize everything that I can't stand about boating. I don’t know if it’s the alcohol or if there’s just a percentage of the population that are complete douche bags who feel that the world owes them something and that no one else matters but them? Seems like this summer I’ve come across people like that every week that I’ve been out on the water. From the people who crank their adult themed tunes loud enough for the entire cove to hear (they could care less if kids are around) to the idiots who pull up right in front of you while you’re towing a rider, these days it seems there are so many people on the water who think that it’s all about them and no one else. More and more I find myself getting on the water at 6 am not so much for the butter, but to avoid the inconsiderate idiots who are still too drunk to get out of bed.

ottog1979 06-30-2009 11:58 AM

Damn! Many of those episodes should be required viewing before a weekend of boating. Those injury ones are pretty sobering stuff.

spherren 06-30-2009 12:34 PM

We had a dui check at the ramp this weekend. They were checking every boat that came in. I took over the wheel as they watched to just pull the boat onto the trailer. They asked me to do the walk the line, stand on one foot and pin pint test. I had 4 beers in the 12 hours we were on the lake, he said that I past all of the tests, but the pinpoint test, my one eye was jerking. He was jerking the pin as my friends pointed out to him. He said I past them but he would like me to blow, I said I wouldn't due to the fact I know better and that I had already past 3 of his tests. He didn't make a fuss. What would happen next time if I refused to do any of the tests. It made me alittle mad that they pressed the issue with me at all.

tj_in_kc 06-30-2009 12:47 PM

a couple years ago while in Vegas i found a sharper image store selling those portable breathalyzers like the cops have. At the time I bought it, it became a game the rest of the weekend to see who could blow highest. Of course we were in Vegas, not driving or anything just walking around the strip and swimming all day.... <BR> <BR>but i still have it and keep it in my glove box to this day. its a handy device to have around if you are unsure if you're okay to drive...like in your case with 4 beers in 12 hours you were certainly fine...but sometimes you can use it to convince a friend they've had too much to drive. could save a life.

spherren 06-30-2009 12:51 PM

that sounds like a great idea

brett564 06-30-2009 12:58 PM

Beer, water, water, beer, water, water...

dhcomp 06-30-2009 1:06 PM

Good reminder. Watch those videos

wake1823 06-30-2009 2:24 PM

scooter, your lucky they didnt' arrest you and take you straight to jail. I've never heard of someoe refusing a blow test and NOT going to jail...wow your lucky.

spherren 06-30-2009 3:02 PM

The funny thing was that the first thing they said that if I fail any test that they would not be aresting me, they would just write me a sitation. If I past all the test then why would I have to blow.

rideon 06-30-2009 3:51 PM

They always tell you "you won't be arrested" and then you tell them how many beers you had, and next thing you know you have cuffs on, and you are being told "watch your head".

billthom 06-30-2009 3:59 PM

Not sure how it works in other states, but in WA you are not required to take any “road side” tests. The only thing you are required to do is blow at the station. And if you refuse that, then you lose your license. All of the road side tests are to only build a case against you. If you pass them and still blow high, it doesn’t matter. If you fail them and blow high, it’s just more evidence against you. <BR> <BR>If you notice in the videos the way they word it too. “I need you to blow in this, ok?” It is technically a question, but comes out as a command so most people just say “ok” and blow. Even when they ask you if you have had anything to drink it is your right to just say “I choose to not answer that.”

lfrider92 06-30-2009 4:03 PM

going to havasu a week from thursday. good thing none of us drink!

saceone 06-30-2009 6:57 PM

3 months sober here. <BR>best 3 months of my life.

jetskiprosx 06-30-2009 7:09 PM

My friends give me crap, but I don't have a sip until we get back to camp/HB/home/etc...No reason to risk it! I hear too many stories of people getting BUI's and DUI's after having, "Just two drinks."

aaudii5150 07-01-2009 8:50 AM

Patrick I'm the same way if I'm driving..... <BR> <BR>You can tell that none of these people have spent much time on a boat. The way they are acting and the fact that they are WHITE AS HELL.

wake1823 07-01-2009 9:06 AM

when I'm drinking, I'm prolly one of the nicest most respectful intoxiated peopel out there, lol. Where I live ,you refuse any tests not only will you be taken straight to jail, your ride there is a living hell. ( 110 degrees outside, windows up in the rear, am radio blasting static for a 1.5 hour ride, cop driving like a freakin maniac). <BR> <BR>I laugh at how nice these cops are on TV. Not out by me. There's no "i'm not gonna tell your one more time" crap. It's baton time.....and I'm a white male, 30 y/o, white collar professional. While I've never been whacked by the steel baton, I have been made to walk thru a peper spray cloud getting into a cop car...they got a good laugh out of that.

brett564 07-01-2009 9:47 PM

Just a little insight here... <BR> <BR>Anyone can refuse field sobriety tests. The problem is if you do, you are basically guaranteeing an arrest because now the officer only has your "objective symptoms" to make a determination on, i.e. smell of alcohol, slurred speech, red eyes, unstable balance, slow movements, etc. If that is all your going to give the officer to evaluate, they are most always going to play it safe (from the law enforcement point of view) and arrest. <BR> <BR>Now as far as blowing at the station, in California if you refuse giving breath or blood, its an automatic 1 year license suspension, and the fact you refused gets used against you in court. Its hard to argue against the "if you were sober, why didn't you blow and show the officer?" question. It doesn't go well in court for the guy who got arrested. I've never heard someone who refused to give a breath or blood sample when they were arrested, and because of that beat their DUI arrest. <BR> <BR>Also, even if you refuse a chemical test, most police departments here (including CHP), will simply hold you down and have a nurse put a needle in your arm without your consent and get your blood that way. <BR> <BR>The question I've always had is if you refuse a blood or breath test after getting arrested for BUI, does you normal driver's license still get suspended? Anyone know?

hatepain 07-02-2009 8:31 AM

If you haven't watched the causing waves clip in the link posted do it...Dudes a retard. Its the last one.