WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Find A Third/Be A Third (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53686)
-   -   looking for a pull near DAYTON, OHIO (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789114)

RollTide2015 07-25-2011 4:46 PM

looking for a pull near DAYTON, OHIO

Hey guys Im looking for a group to board with near Dayton. (I live in Dayton). Message me with any info! Thanks!

Ryan:D

RollTide2015 07-28-2011 2:18 PM

anyonee???? lol

07-28-2011 3:04 PM

My bro is in Dayton/Kettering. He has a hectic schedule but he has some friends with wakeboats up there. U looking for a pull or riders to go out with you? They hit up Eastwood, Caesars Creek & my dad has a place on St Marys.

sailing216 07-30-2011 6:02 PM

We have a good group of boat owners but our crew is getting thin. Message me your info. We ride an evening a week with just the guys at Caesars, usually 2 sets of your choice of board or surf. Weekends too sometimes but family mixes in. Riding picks up once the kids get back in school and vacations over. We don't take gas money but expect reliability and helping wipe down afterwards.

RollTide2015 08-01-2011 4:39 PM

Hey im looking for a pull sorry for the confusion. If you can hook me up with him or w/e that would be awesome.

Thanks Ryan

wakebordr11 09-13-2011 7:42 AM

Going to be in Ohio this wknd, wake nation is the destination but I would love to snag a boat set or 2. A buddy and myself, Experienced drivers and intermediate riders, have gas money, we're boat owners, we know the drill.

Duane

joeshmoe 04-01-2012 7:47 AM

Whats the best lake, river to wakeboard around Dayton?

slob02 04-12-2012 7:34 AM

Cesars Creek
Eastwood Lake
Shawnee Lake (private)

nautiboy614 04-12-2012 7:47 AM

I own Scioto boardshop in Columbus Ohio, we plan on hauling our new 230 all over the state offering pulls and letting people Demo new product.....we are about pushing the sport and meeting new people......all we ask is for gas money so get ahold of us cause we will be coming over to Dayton to Ride real soon!

smokedog2 04-14-2012 1:24 PM

It is good to see Ohio has some riders. Health issues will keep me out of the water but not off of it. I’ve tried a couple times to give pulls but it never worked out, in part because my kids are in every activity known to man making my schedule “dynamic” at best. I was coordinating with a young attorney just before I was struck down with a gallstone explosion and pancreatitis. I was incapacitated for 8 month and his number is long lost. If he is still out there I would be happy to try again this summer. I will be able to at least drive.

Good luck with the board shop. Running a business, even one you love is a tough way to make a living. If my ileostomy is reversed and healed next year I’m going to celebrate with all new gear. I mostly skate but I’ll get a board too. I have no idea what brand but I like having a goal. The goals are small these days.

nautiboy614 04-16-2012 6:39 AM

Jeff, when the day comes and your ready to hit the water, let me know, we have a few amazing wake skaters that can give you the ins & outs of wake-skating. As for making a living off the boardshop.....I open the boardshop to push the sport, not making money.....That's what my "real job" is for. The boardshop was a ideal of a few of my "sponsored" wakeboarder friends to give the opportunity to demo and ride product before you buy it here in Ohio. Once you meet us, you'll see what I mean

smokedog2 04-16-2012 8:48 AM

Jim, I’m with you on expanding the sport. Once a year I host a Boy Scout Troop at my place at Rocky Fork Lake. The house is off limits (well not to the adults) and the boys camp in the lot next door. For most of the boys it is their only exposure to a tow boat (we usually have two IOs, my fishing boat, my Moomba LSV and two Supra v drives). We do a lot of kneeboarding and tubing getting the boys acclimated to the water. They all are required to pass the BS swim test but as you know the feeling from the middle of the lake is quite different. We are happy to get kids on a board but we do not push it. This is one of the top three attended troop events. As a result we are pretty regimented with buddies, boat assignments and lifejackets at all times. It is fun but not exactly a party. I am fond of telling the boys that what we do can be very dangerous, so the rules are not negotiable. When I can get in the water we’ll be in touch. I d@mn sure plan to ride again.

nautiboy614 04-16-2012 1:49 PM

when do you do the Boy Scout camp. Let me know the dates and I will see if it work with our schedule.

joeshmoe 04-21-2012 5:23 PM

Matt, do you have a membership to access Shawnee lake? I will be in Dayton for two weeks in July and would like to bring down my 2005 VLX to wakeboard and surf everyday after class.

slob02 04-24-2012 11:25 AM

I live on Shawnee Lake. (Jamestown Ohio) You have to be a property owner to put your boat on it. 4 of my friends have VLX's out here. Also an x-star and I have an Air Nautique. During the week, it is perfect.......have to fight a few waves on weekends after noon.

PM me when you are going to be in the area.

budz 05-30-2012 5:49 AM

If any of you are short on crew or just have room for another wakesurfer give me a shout. I've got an IS 4-skim and surf goofy but can do regular if need be.

-Paul
(734) 223-6091

joeshmoe 07-03-2012 7:07 AM

Doesn't look like I have a place to store my VLX so I will be bringing down the jet ski to Dayton for two weeks starting this Sunday. Should be done with classes at 4 so can be on the water by 5 anyday, If you have room in your boat or want to ride/wakeskate behind the waverunner give me a call or text 440-320-7581.

smokedog2 07-15-2012 7:30 PM

Boy Scout weekend went off without a hitch. The weatherman predicted 5" of rain but we barely got wet, on land anyway. Good time on the water. Right now I'm waiting for the pix to load on Facebook. I need to go to bed

My fellow bingo volunteers from way back will be out next weekend. Sure wish I could ride.

SD2

smokedog2 12-27-2012 9:37 PM

What the heck. Bump. I was just tired of looking for this. Not sure why no one is riding - I don't think the lake is frozen over yet.

One step closer on the surgery chain. Now looking for a someone that specializes in serious abdominal reconstruction where your intestines have stuck to the bio-mesh. Yea, they are out there but I'll be traveling. Just out of the hospital after a little 7 day stint last week. I made it home for Christmas.

I've missed two summers on the water, my daughter is turning 13 and I need to get her and her friends on the water. Taking my son's friends for a weekend was easy. Some parents never came themselves. Girls, I think will be harder.

I just hope she hasn't lost interest. In my world, if the kids don't go, I don't go.:cool: