WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Sad - Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785387)

john211 01-08-2011 11:11 AM

Sad - Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-g...ry?id=12571452

pesos 01-08-2011 9:39 PM

scumbag killed a 9 yr old girl when he started spraying bullets

bendow 01-09-2011 6:59 AM

I guy got killed shielding his wife from the bullets.

lizzyb 01-09-2011 10:04 AM

This is so sad and horrifying to hear. I don't care what this woman's politics are... the senseless murdering of innocent people is certainly not the answer. What a scary world we live in. :(

pesos 01-09-2011 10:37 AM

She was one of the reps that Sarah Palin targeted with her gun crosshairs map

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/235504/SAR...ARGET-LIST.jpg

01-09-2011 11:26 AM

yep. Typical liberal crap trying to spin this as Sara Palin's fault. I have been reading their (liberal) crap all day feeding off each other. See you fall for it too. democrats and republicans alike always say they are targeting certain people in elections every election cycle. Just stop this nonsense of trying to blame her. Makes you look like a mindless troll.

01-09-2011 11:28 AM

And by the way. Go tell your idiot liberal friends that those like cross hair circle things that you guys are trying to spin, look nothing like a real gun crosshair.

wake77 01-09-2011 12:40 PM

Delta, you never seem to amaze me. I love how if someone disagrees with the Tea Party or Palin's agenda, they are a mindless troll. You would have to be mentally challenged to even listed to Palin's agenda. It's a stupid poster, but it is clearly supposed to be a gun sight. Your drivel makes you look like a douche.

barry 01-09-2011 12:58 PM

Shooter- White male with republican head band and a rush limbaugh t-shirt. He screamed "FOXNEWS ACKBAR" which means Fox News is great!

01-09-2011 2:01 PM

Jeremy, your read comprehension is deplorable at best. Get off your mothers nipple and come to the real world instead of that sheltered echo chamber you live in. I will even take my time out of my day to explain it to you. This has nothing to do with a rational discussion on the merits of the Tea Party or Sara Palin.

The post that Wes made is basically what the leftist have been trying to paint since the shooting happened. That is, that Sara Palin is responsible for the shooting and they have all been saving that poster from websites and circulating it around with the message that Palin, the Tea Party and Foxnews are responsible for the violence (which I find quite funny considering it is always leftists who take to the streets and destroy crap).

You see, if you ever read, you would know what is happening with the people who think like you and realize how dangerous you are. Always repeating and always trying to stir crap. This is a shooting by a crazy person. No more, no less. To try and paint it as anything more is stupid and trollish. Then to bring that crap to this website and try and paint the tea party and Sara Palin as the reason for this makes it mindless troll material, period.

The cross hairs on the poster are just that. They are crosshairs on a poster. They are not gun crosshairs. If they would have put targets on it, you would say they are targets for guns. You people are trying to interject politics into a senseless act. Oddly enough (and I find it kind of funny you don't realize this), she is actually a blue dog democrat and the judge that was killed was actually a Bush appointee. You see, leftists such as yourself tend to actually despise blue dog democrats. Again, this is where your lack of life experience or lack of reading hurts you. Both sides actively say they are targeting people for defeat in elections. Does that mean both side actually want people out killing the other side?

Again, try brushing up on your reading comprehension and try reading up on what your people are saying and doing in your name before posting your mindless emotional drivel to attack me.

wake77 01-09-2011 3:22 PM

Dude, take it easy. A; I don't care what political affiliation a person is, what happened is an absolute tragedy. You act as if I would be celebrating if it was a GOP member that was shot. B; you paint anyone that doesn't agree with you and your close-mindedness as "leftist" or "liberal crap". Maybe I don't agree with either side. I don't watch Fox News, but I don't watch MSNBC or CNN either. Say there are only two sport teams, Team A and Team B, in a city, state, etc. If I say I don't like Team A, does that automatically mean that I love, or even like Team B? People have different political views than you, GET OVER IT, it will be like that long after you have vacated your throne of high, almightiness. C; there are people that follow certain ideas, and that does not exclude followers of "Conservative values", "tea baggers", or the supporters of the hockey mom from Alaska, and they get carried away. Am I implying that it is wrong for the aforementioned groups to have their agenda? NO. But like the pro-lifers that take it upon themselves to blow away a physician that performs abortions, there is a chance of some loon resorting to violence to convey the message of the group.

The message of the poster is clear. WE, as in the supporters of Palin, have the lawmakers that voted for the health care bill "in our sights". You can play dumb all you want, maybe you aren't playing. Am I saying that the poster was made to encourage supporters to pick up a gun and start shooting, NO.

01-09-2011 3:35 PM

The point is Jeremy. I am not advocating any political point in regard to this senseless act but the post Wes made is being used to try and put a political spin to this and that spin is that Palin, the Tea Party and Fox News caused this. It is a purposeful political attack and they are using that poor woman and the victims as a tool to do so. That is the only message of my reply to that post. The motives are sick and dangerous and it is trollish.

Of course the message is we have the lawmakers in their sights. How else do you convey that certain lawmakers are targeted by a group to defeat? There are only so many words in the language that can convey such a thought. The point is, the left is purposely trying to use a senseless act and a twist of words to convince to the useful idiots that Palin, Tea Party and Fox News are trying to get people to kill them. You may not think that they literally wanting people to go kill these people but the leftist are trying to convince people that these people are trying to get people to kill them. Try reading up on the way these people work. They will let no tragedy go unused and that crap is showing up on here.

brettw 01-09-2011 3:57 PM

Here's what the Congresswoman had to say about it beforhand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7046...ayer_embedded#!

I never heard of before this, but she seems like a pretty decent person.

01-09-2011 4:09 PM

Interesting enough to the spin that is trying to be put on the fore mentioned parties. The Shooting is turning out to be a registered Democrat who was pissed off about (among other things) that the congress woman turned away from Pelosi and Reid. Turns out the congress woman is a long time Republican who switched to Democrat to get elected. Turns out the shooter was also some member of a racist hate group. I guess the shooter has all sorts of youtube rants.

wake77 01-09-2011 4:17 PM

Good luck with your agenda delta. But when your affiliated with a group with members that dress up like colonists and wear hats with little teabags hanging from them, don't be surprised when nonmembers of said group mistaken you for being a bit cuckoo.

wake77 01-09-2011 4:18 PM

So now you are trying to spin it in an opposite direction?

01-09-2011 4:51 PM

I am putting out the facts that are present at the moment. His favorite youtube video is one of a person stomping on the American Flag. He favorite reading list appears to be on the typical leftist reading lists. I have seen one report that he is/ was a registered democrat and he is reported to be a member of a racist organization. Do the facts not seem to be stacking up with the agenda of those on the left trying to paint this as a tea party member gone nuts? Seems to me the guy is plain ol nuts. His youtube rants are reportedly all over the place. Many people are starting to think this guy was a anarchist trying to stir crap. Hardly seems like a guy that would be influenced by Sara Palin or Fox news.

What is my agenda Jeremy. Opposing people who make stupid posts and comments? Being a pro common sense loves America first guy? Yes, to a internationalist, that would seem to be considered an agenda.

I would like to know when it was that I am a member of the Tea Party or have dressed up in anything. I don't even like to dress for halloween and I certainly am not much of a joiner and I am not too thrilled with the Tea Party in the fact they may try and split the conservatives in the county the way Ross Perot did for Bill Clinton's first election.

I love the spin the opposite direction question btw. Putting out facts in a matter not long after someone puts up a post that is trying to use it to incite people to think Sara Palin is out getting people killed is hilarious. People must really be scared of her. If they are willing to go this low the day after a many people were murdered to try and use it to attack a politician is quite extraordinary and frankly down right scary. I guess leftist are only for women if they only spout the usual leftist lines. If they go off the farm, then they are just crazy dangerous women huh?

01-09-2011 4:56 PM

also, another little tidbit. She was also one of the only 19 members of the democratic congress that opposed nancy pelosi's election as house leader.

trace 01-09-2011 5:55 PM

Former classmate tweets that he was a leftist loner pothead...
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...d_shooter.php#

brettw 01-09-2011 6:47 PM

The shooter was nothing but a psycho. He wasn't a lib or con or whatever name some ppl need to label him to feel better like he was on the 'other' side. He was just a pyscho.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110110/...shot_gunman_11

jeff359 01-09-2011 7:22 PM

"Dude, take it easy." You called him a Douce and don't expect a response?

wakeboardern1 01-09-2011 9:38 PM

Wes's post was a straight up troll post, no way to look at it any other way. He put it up there to incite anger on the board and to create an argument. The fact that you defended him Jeremy is a little astounding, and I can see why delta would attack you after that. Delta, when you shout about how those damn libs are doing everything bad in the country, it makes you sound just as crazy as you see them. Tone it down broski.

Wes, that was not cool to post that, for two reasons A) because it was so close to the date of the shooting (a little time before we start making something like this tragedy political would be awesome, even if the media can't wait), and B) because it turns out that that little poster had nothing to do with the shooting, so it just made you look like an ass.

wake77 01-09-2011 10:03 PM

"You called him a Douce and don't expect a response?"

I would never call a fellow man a "Douce".

stephan 01-10-2011 8:00 AM

One could argue that Wes' post was trollish, or it could be looked at as simply pointing out the imagery that is available. Don't we all agree that is what the poster looked like? Isn't it trollish to assume that Wes has an agenda, when all he did was post someone else's handiwork?

While it is clear that this nutter had nothing to do with Sarah Palin and blaming her for this is out of line. Doesn't this stand out as an example of how a politician can really stick their foot in their mouth? The fact that Palin uses violent imagery and inciting language such as "don't retreat, reload", belies her innocent claims.

My point is this; while not Sarah Palin's fault, this tragedy needs to wake people up. Sarah Palin's poster is an example of what has become common in our society to the point that its prevalent in this very thread. We have allowed ourselves to be so full of hatred towards our fellow Americans, that implied violence is a way to make a point? We are calling each other names and immediately discrediting contradictory ideas for no other reason than "someone is a leftist/righty". Instead of all the chest thumping, can't we all sit down and have dialogue?

Everyone here complains about politicians for being lazy, mis-guided, wrong, wasteful etc etc, and then you go and act just like them. Real progress is made by working together, and when you must work with people that disagree, you must find common ground and make concessions to keep productive. We all want a successful country and the only way to make it such is to appreciate our opponents differences and move forward amicably.

trace 01-10-2011 8:10 AM

IMO that poster alone may have ended Palin's (already remote) chance at the White House.

Stephan makes great points. +1

fly135 01-10-2011 8:14 AM

Anyone denying that the poster crosshairs are representative of gun sights is not in touch with reality. Although it does appear that the killer was not inspired by the "don't retreat, reload" rhetoric.

01-10-2011 8:19 AM

WTF is wrong with you people? At least wait until after the funerals!

IDIOTS and MORONS!!

01-10-2011 8:27 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...56_634x744.jpg

Christina Taylor Green 9 Years Old

Anima eius et animae omnium fidelium defunctorum per Dei misericordiam requiescant in pace.

trace 01-10-2011 8:28 AM

Who is the troll again?

pesos 01-11-2011 7:59 AM

Thanks Stephan and Trace for spelling it out.

Sadly it looks like the crazy westboro christian aholes are planning to picket the 9yr old girls funeral. Ugh.

diamonddad 01-11-2011 5:33 PM

The shooter was into "Zeitgeist" (a near perfect idiot nut job identifier).

wake77 01-12-2011 1:43 PM

I find it weird as I listen to people defend Palin and people sticking up for her poster and placing all of the blame on the shooter, I wonder to myself if these were the same people (during the Columbine tragedy) that were sticking up for the shooters and placing the majority of the blame on Marilyn Manson and his music.

pesos 01-14-2011 11:37 PM

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/14...boston/?hpt=T2

diamonddad 01-15-2011 12:54 AM

I found it interesting watching 20-20 on miracles tonight. They presented a couple of random cases where people inexplicably got better. Its a wonderful concept and very satisfying. Yet, I find it hard to believe that every cache of miracles was not emptied to save Christina Taylor Green.