WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone rode with Donald Cerrone? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791282)

jeff_mn 12-30-2011 7:12 AM

Anyone rode with Donald Cerrone?

I think I've seen a vid of pics of Cerrone riding with Rusty.. Has anyone from the SW taken a set with him? I've heard he's actually decent all things considered..

Anyone rode with him?

For those who don't know - Cerrone is a pro MMA fighter in the UFC.. He's fighting Nate Diaz tonight, winner close to a title shot.

eubanks01 12-30-2011 7:47 AM

Gray Manard and Rusty are good friends as well. Gray is actually a pretty good rider.

jeff_mn 12-30-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eubanks01 (Post 1723449)
Gray Manard and Rusty are good friends as well. Gray is actually a pretty good rider.

I've heard that and seen a few pics and vids.. Gray seems the type and I think he's actually sponsored by a wake brand.

buffalow 12-30-2011 11:33 AM

He is claining he wants to be pro by the end of the year. Along with the UFC champ and a pro bull rider.

He is sick as hell in the ring with a fierce determination, but Dana already put the KiBosh on the bull riding thing.

Jeff - Check over a the non- wake discussion and there is on going UFC discussion thread.

jeff_mn 12-30-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffalow (Post 1723479)
He is claining he wants to be pro by the end of the year. Along with the UFC champ and a pro bull rider.

He is sick as hell in the ring with a fierce determination, but Dana already put the KiBosh on the bull riding thing.

Jeff - Check over a the non- wake discussion and there is on going UFC discussion thread.

LOL - yeah saw that DFW said he was nuts bull riding.. I've been in and out of the UFC thread - just wondering if someone was taking sets with him. I remember seeing a video from a few years back and was seeing how he's progressing.

With all of the ACL/MCL/PCL stuff we have in our sport - I wouldn't be risking a deep 6 figure a year gig like he has to ride.

TheHebrewHammer 12-30-2011 12:45 PM

Sick, I didn't know the cowboy was a wakeboarder. I'm looking forward to seeing him trash Diaz.

buffalow 12-30-2011 3:47 PM

Yhea they showed a little snipped of a wakejump on his bio thing. He reminds me so much of a small matt hughes.

TheHebrewHammer 12-30-2011 5:05 PM

Really? I see his style as a lot more new-school/well-rounded than Hughes' classic wrestling base.

TheHebrewHammer 12-30-2011 9:32 PM

Cerrone really manned up tonight. He looked like he was punch drunk from about 10 seconds in. He was stumbling and slow and bleary-eyed, but he stuck it out until the final bell. Respect.

eubanks01 12-31-2011 8:40 AM

Yeah, why did he look so slow? Bad punching and no head movement? His kicks were money though!

TheHebrewHammer 12-31-2011 2:24 PM

It was super frustrating to watch because I've seen his fights w/Ben Henderson and Jamie Varner and I know what he's capable of. He looked completely out of it. Something was up for sure. I was hoping he'd mention it in his post-fight interview but instead he told some whacked story about getting kicked by his horse and cutting his lip or something :S

jeff_mn 01-01-2012 9:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eubanks01 (Post 1723578)
Yeah, why did he look so slow? Bad punching and no head movement? His kicks were money though!

That's Donalds style. He's a notorious slow starter, no head movement and very forward movement - does not move lateral. Stand and trade. Take 2 to give 1. He just took 5 to give 1 against Diazs boxing.

TheHebrewHammer 01-01-2012 9:32 AM

Maybe so, but I still think something was wrong. I've never seen him look that sluggish, even out of the gate.

jeff_mn 01-02-2012 5:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer (Post 1723647)
Maybe so, but I still think something was wrong. I've never seen him look that sluggish, even out of the gate.

LOL.

It's the SAME story anytime ANYONE fights either of the Diaz's.. "I don't know - he just gassed. He never gasses"..

It's called getting punched in the face 4x more than you do against any other fighter. It's amazing - but it takes the wind out of your sails.. Gomi "gassed" against BOTH Diaz brothers. Penn "gassed" against Nick.. The list is a mile long..

Turns out getting punched in your mind piece a hundred times a round will slow you down.

Reez 01-03-2012 7:14 AM

Anyone here post on the underground? Doesnt carwin board too? I know he was sponsored by Malibu. Thats a big man to be on a wakeboard!

jeff_mn 01-03-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reez (Post 1723803)
Anyone here post on the underground? Doesnt carwin board too? I know he was sponsored by Malibu. Thats a big man to be on a wakeboard!

I'm a UG'er and an OG'er..

Carwin wake SURFS.. He said his knees are too bum to WB much. I was actually going to ride with him last time I was in Denver but we had a mini-crisis before the wedding I was supposed to be in so we had to handle that **** and my riding got kaboshed.

He's been at their booth at the boat shows, etc.

Reez 01-04-2012 7:46 AM

Jeff,
whats your SN on the OG. I primarily spend my time on the OG but every once in awhile ill venture over the the UG. Bodookie50 is my SN over there

jeff_mn 01-04-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reez (Post 1723997)
Jeff,
whats your SN on the OG. I primarily spend my time on the OG but every once in awhile ill venture over the the UG. Bodookie50 is my SN over there

I think it's Jeff W or Jeff MN or something along those lines.