WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Folks around Antioch - Police looking for F250 towing boat (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780660)

kvoman 06-16-2010 7:49 AM

Folks around Antioch - Police looking for F250 towing boat

Anyone seen or read this article about the Antioch police looking for a driver of a black F250 with a white boat that caused an accident that killed 2 motorcyclists?

http://cbs5.com/local/fatal.motorcyc...2.1753875.html

petrey10 06-16-2010 9:17 AM

wow thats too bad.... Maybe they mistaked the F250 for a hummer and should be looking for LON... sounds like something that idiot would do

2006maliblue 06-16-2010 9:29 AM

Not going to have much luck finding them with that vague of a description. If they posted a little more info like lifted or stock, extended cab crew or std. cab and a description of the boat, tower no tower any graphics they'd be able to find who caused this accident!

I agree with Pete maybe they are looking for Lon, after all black truck/SUV and white boat?

wake_upppp 06-16-2010 9:34 AM

News (channel 5) last night said it was a black f-250 with a black and white "wakeboard" style boat. Also I believe they said someone got a partial on the license plate number. They also said the truck swerved into the next lane forcing the car in that lane into on coming traffic and colliding head on with the harley killing both people on the harley and injuring the driver of the car.

wake77 06-16-2010 9:43 AM

Lon was cracking skulls last night, don't think it was him.

What I don't understand, is what was so important to this guy towing the boat (or anyone else who drives in a similar manner), that he caused an accident that killed two people and seriously injured another one? This guy's life is going to be seriously altered (jail, fines, etc.) for what? Be smart people, driving erratically puts your life and others in danger.

End rant.

mdaijogo 06-16-2010 10:17 AM

I was on highway 4 bypass in this traffic. Oddly enough, I was towing my white/blue/black boat. It is a shame that this happened. No, I don't drive an F250.

A "Root Beer" colored Expedition.

m-

06-16-2010 11:16 AM

Something dosnt seem right, I mean how much of an unsafe lane change can you pull when your towing your boat besides being aware of other cars around you which when your towing something especially a nice wakeboarding boat your going to be aware.. I dont know I feel like Civic might have over reacted / Over corrected to go into the on coming lane. but again I dont know. Just seems kind of eh with how much evidence / witnesses saw what happened. Not to mention the truck was tailgating the civic which means he was behind the civic when he made his unsafe lane change that caused the civic to swerve onto on coming traffic? How can that be the trucks fault... Maybe if the truck was on the side of him and like gunned it to cut him off of started changing lanes and didnt see the civic then I could see how this is possible but behind him?

razzman 06-16-2010 11:44 AM

I've seen some pretty unsafe moves made by people towing boats, so yea i'm gonna say it seems right. I actually watched a moron towing a Mastercraft suddenly veer across three lanes to exit the freeway two weeks ago.

06-16-2010 12:03 PM

I have mixed feelings about it I guess haha I dont know what to think.. Just shocking, really upsetting for the familys of everyone I bet!

rio_sanger 06-16-2010 2:06 PM

I see unsafe towing practices almost every weekend coming home from the river. People pulling toy boxes, boats, buggies, and bikes all trying to drive like they are not towing anything.
I try to keep as far away from these nuts as I can.

hematoma 06-16-2010 3:14 PM

Chase most motorcycle riders including myself either ride close to the yellow stripe or close to the white stripe, most good motorcycle riders know that the center is were the oil gets dropped and dont ride in the middle of the lane(self explanitory why) it wouldnt take but that honda moving over a foot or 2 to hit the bike. Its not as complicated as you make it sound lol.

pickle311 06-21-2010 8:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razzman (Post 1598022)
I've seen some pretty unsafe moves made by people towing boats, so yea i'm gonna say it seems right. I actually watched a moron towing a Mastercraft suddenly veer across three lanes to exit the freeway two weeks ago.

I don't know why, but it seems like the majority of the morons I run across are in Mastercrafts. I think it's another one of those more money than brains scenarios. Nothing against MC or MC owners, just an observation I've made though the worst I've seen was driving a Supra.

I don't know what the laws are there, but from what I've been told here is in that same scenario the driver wouldn't be held accountable for anything since there was no collision with his vehicle. Just like when someone is tailgating you and you break check them then they run off in the ditch, not your fault.

guido 06-21-2010 11:11 AM

Hey, hey, hey.... I resent the Master Craft comment, Shane. Ha, ha.

Hard to say what actually happened and whether or not the guy towing even knew he caused an accident. I'm sure it was errors all around that led to the outcome. Could've been an unsafe lane change and an over reaction by the Honda driver into the lane of a motorcyclist that wasn't paying attention. We don't know. We weren't there.

RIP to motor cyclist and passenger.

baitkiller 06-21-2010 12:16 PM

Merging onto I75 last week. Three lane highway. A log truck is in the center lane moving steady and straight, I move into the outside lane and match traffic. I see this little Honda accord come up behind the truck then swerve left across two lanes, through the median then back into the swail. Major wipe out as she went under and through the tight cables intended to stop head ons. Anyway the dust cleared, me and the trucker get pulled over and sprint back to help. The fat broad driving the Honda pipes up with" THE BIG RED TREE TRUCK CUT ME OFF!" Bull crap lady, you were texting or talking and looked up just in time before you ran into his azz. I gave the trucker my card and told him to call me if he needed a witness.

We don't know the whole story here gents.