WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through January 05, 2009 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=658723)
-   -   Wakeskate Comparison (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654740)

hawkeye7708 12-25-2008 6:35 AM

Hey ya'll! Merry Christmas! <BR> <BR>Was hoping I could get an opinion on the following two wakeskates. I was able to find good deals on both the: <BR> <BR>O'Brien Traffic <BR> <BR>Liquid Force Control <BR> <BR>And was wondering if anybody had any insight into these boards as there don't seem to be many reviews out there that I could find on either. I greatly appreciate it! I will be picking one of these two up before middle of next week as it sits now. <BR> <BR>Again, thank you, and merry Christmas to everybody!! <BR> <BR>- Ben

hawkeye7708 12-25-2008 7:25 AM

Addition- <BR> <BR>There were a few mentions of the Liquid Force Controls delaminating, just a side note.

wakerider111 12-25-2008 10:39 AM

i don't wake skate at all but that new CWB one has my eye for when i want to pull the trigger

hawkeye7708 12-25-2008 1:03 PM

Jeremy, <BR>I'm definitely a board first guy too. I've only skated a few times but I figured, it's Christmas, why not get a goof off toy LOL just want to make sure I'm getting one that'll be problem free ya know?

scott_a 12-25-2008 1:26 PM

The LF Control is a better wakeskate. It's actually one of my personal favorites. I haven't ridden mine much since I got my new Integrity but it hasn't shown any signs of delaminating. But delaminating and breakage is something that you're risking with any wooden wakeskate...even that CWB Onset.

dlwsrider 12-25-2008 4:11 PM

I would avoid the obrien skates. I have heard nothing but bad, and from what I have seen in person, they are less than impressive. LF has some good low budget skates, and definantly look into some of the smaller companies like Oak, and New. <BR> <BR>And when you start progressing, look for a Zariel.

joshbuzz 12-25-2008 4:23 PM

Check out the Gator skates too! <BR> <BR>They're quality skates and for a pretty good price to!

onthewatermo 12-25-2008 5:28 PM

I just ordered a LF Control after riding a friends all last summer...feels so right (even barefoot)

lovin_the_wake 12-25-2008 5:48 PM

I started out on a Traffic and it's a good board to learn on but I out grew it REALLY fast I would suggest going with a wood concave like a NEW, OAK, or Sattelyte

hawkeye7708 12-25-2008 11:13 PM

Alright, sounds like a liquid force control is the way to go as far as the ones I'm looking at. I really appreciate the input guys!! Between the roam and that skate I'll have plenty of options when the covin is breaking me off bad! LOL thanks again!

xmarksthespot 12-28-2008 6:00 PM

INTEGRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovin_the_wake 12-29-2008 7:58 AM

New, Oak, Sattelyte, and Devotid all make sick quality decks

steezyshots 12-29-2008 10:15 AM

The new Byerly Bi-Level

the_bug 12-30-2008 10:03 AM

Since you currently consider a wakeskate to be a goof off toy I advise you to get the least expensive deck you can find. You can get your Integrity skate later when you are over strapping. An Integrity wakeskate is like a fine single malt scotch. It is not for everyone, but those who have had "The Epiphany" know its purpose.

andy_nintzel 12-30-2008 10:49 AM

Quote- <BR> <BR>"By Caleb Rountree (dlwsrider) on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 4:11 pm: <BR> <BR>I would avoid the obrien skates. I have heard nothing but bad, and from what I have seen in person, they are less than impressive. LF has some good low budget skates, and definantly look into some of the smaller companies like Oak, and New. <BR> <BR>And when you start progressing, look for a Zariel." <BR> <BR>--The O'brien Traffic is a great starter stake, I have no Idea why Caleb took such a pot jab at O'brien for the Traffic. I learned w2w 180s, shuvs, 3 shuvs, and FS Bigspins on the Traffic its a great board. This year O'brien has the Intox coming out, its a super sick new composit deck, as well as som Bamboo Traffic Skates in the mix that will never wear out.

kampus96 12-30-2008 8:00 PM

bamboo wakeskates..i wonder where they got that idea from.