WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 12, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=580192)
-   -   New Present!!!! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578005)

dkmode34 05-07-2008 9:11 PM

So my girl just got me an 07 Marius Platinum 141 with the 08 ltd shanes. Im so stoked!!! I broke my old Marius hitting the slider and have been ridin my old absolute for a while!!! <BR> <BR>She bought the board on ebay "brand new" from DWC boardshop. It was labeled new but it is a blem board. In the past I have had warranty issues with CWB bc of the D that is carved in. Should we send it back to DWC or will CWB still cover the board in case something were to happen while riding. (not hitting slider) I know the guys are awesome at DWC but i just wasnt sure what I should do...the board is in almost perfect conditionb except for a few minor scratches. What do you think?

anodyne 05-07-2008 9:18 PM

Well, either way the warranty's going to get processed by CWB... <BR> <BR>BUT, dealers wield more power than individuals, so I'd say send back to DWC. One downside about that: it significantly increase the time it takes to get the board back. <BR> <BR>Go through the dealer.

deltaridah 05-07-2008 9:24 PM

it voids the warranty when u slide it. congrats though wes on the new set up

zirb3l 05-07-2008 9:25 PM

dang... <BR> <BR>im pretty sure i wont be getting anything like that for my bday!

ttuclint 05-07-2008 9:25 PM

I think you need to send the board back, go to WalMart and pick up a Hydroslide so you can mess that one up all you want.

dkmode34 05-08-2008 5:42 AM

the board is not for a slider!!!! im just worried about breaking the board or something behind the boat. Clint I have an old full throttle I found in my garage the other day from like 98 that is hot pink......It will definetly be meeting the slider!!! I guess I will call DWC and ask them if they would send me a board first or something...

innov8 05-08-2008 8:17 AM

Call CWB and ask if they have the same warranty on Blems <BR>425-775-5416

denverd1 05-08-2008 8:30 AM

Ride it like you stole it. then tell your girl nice job and slap her on the ass. or whatever you like. <BR> <BR>Honestly, contact DWC and see if they're willing to budge on the new vs blem argument. BTW a "dealer" thats putting boards on ebay may not be in the best standing with CWB. But i wouldn't count on CWB doing much. Not product issue, so there's no CWB obligation at all, unless its through DWC. Since its "new", maybe they'll work with you.

innov8 05-08-2008 8:41 AM

DWC is a great shop and I am sure they are in great standing with CWB, dont think you will have any problems if anything happens with the board.

denverd1 05-08-2008 8:47 AM

good to know. hopefully they work it out for ya. <BR> <BR>I bought a blem (knowing it was a blem) from shop. a season later, yanked the binding inserts out. the shop sent it in and the manuf warrantied the board as a blem. Knowing CWB's customer support track record, i agree it shouldn't be a problem. Just a bit of gray area b/w the buyer, shop, and manuf.

cbass 05-08-2008 12:10 PM

Wes I have an 07 Marius Platty I would sell you for a couple hundred bucks. It has been on the water twice. I got it thinking it would be a good board but after trying it a few times I remember why I quit riding CWB. The dually was the last cwb board I rode. I guess the one nice thing about this board is it doesnt weight 20 lbs like the dually.

teamvaldez 05-08-2008 12:17 PM

Tom conway is a stand up guy and I am sure he will take great care of you!