WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Speed up your surf board? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799041)

ragboy 07-11-2013 1:55 AM

Speed up your surf board?

I wonder...

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DZrjXSsfxMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I ordered some, gotta see what it does. So many interesting applications.

DealsGapCobra 07-11-2013 5:22 AM

That looks pretty neat, I wonder how long it lasts? Think, if you did your trunks, you would never have to sit in wet clothes, or do the carpet in the boat. Ooh, spray your friends towel...that would be fun. :D

Chaos 07-11-2013 9:18 AM

I've used it. It is fun, at least the visuals of water on the boards. I used it on my new surfboard (ocean). I honestly can't say i noticed a difference, but I felt good about it. You have to commit to applying it obviously being a two part process. "Seems" to work better than, simply texture acrylic/poly 'speed' finished, or rainX, or car and nano wax products, etc. Hit us back with what you think. For me it is more about appearance, as a builder I like my boards to be clean and perfect, like when I finished them... I hate scuff marks or dirty sunscreen finger prints, etc. I might be a little OCD in that respect.

ragboy 07-11-2013 12:22 PM

LOL, your trunks. If I do my trunks, can I pee in them without any consequence?

Squid 07-11-2013 2:25 PM

No Robert, we will still point and laugh..

Im with you Nick, OCD or not a board should aways be clean and neat in my book. Shows respect to the builder that put the time into it....O and I can't stand dirty wax...freaks me out.

Elite95 07-11-2013 2:52 PM

You know.......I bet if you apply the Principal of Push, divided by the Lifting Forces generated by the wake surf wave, evenly applied across the bottom of the board, this might really work. But only on the boards you don't have to pump to generate speed. The pumping action has to effect the apex of the Flux Capacitor.

dougr 07-11-2013 3:54 PM

i wonder if you could put this on the hull of the boat?

ragboy 07-11-2013 4:46 PM

@CK LOL

I need to see that equation. Can you show me that pumping action? Is it like this:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZsvQ73IHpDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ragboy 07-11-2013 4:51 PM

@doug maybe you will get more push. Or you will back it off the trailer, and it will hover.

CHern5972 07-11-2013 6:57 PM

Looks neat.

Chaos 07-11-2013 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite95 (Post 1833077)
You know.......I bet if you apply the Principal of Push, divided by the Lifting Forces generated by the wake surf wave, evenly applied across the bottom of the board, this might really work. But only on the boards you don't have to pump to generate speed. The pumping action has to effect the apex of the Flux Capacitor.

Awesome... oh so much spam. I like my spam fried.

drnate 07-12-2013 9:10 AM

That is some neat looking stuff. The best application I think would be on boat carpet. Mine smells horrible after being wet. But then again, I just ordered some Deckadence to remedy that problem.

The 2nd best application would be on the lens of the GoPro Camera. I use Rain X on mine and it seems to help, but this stuff would work way better I'm sure.

ragboy 07-12-2013 10:50 AM

I also thought about my gopro lenses, but I heard it leaves a film, color of some kind, whitish?

Chaos 07-12-2013 12:11 PM

You are correct. It is not water clear translucent. Notice most things on the video are white and they do not just say spray the entire outside of your iPhone.