WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 30, 2004 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=202321)
-   -   Prepop won't play?!?! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199542)

tparider 11-15-2004 12:36 PM

I bought a copy of Prepop off eBay (new, still in shrink wrap) and received it today. I opened it and put it in my DVD player, and my DVD player spit it back out saying "no disc." <BR> <BR>My DVD player is a Sony DVP S560-D, and it's never given me any trouble on any DVD or DVD-R for that matter. <BR> <BR>What could be the problem?

dakid 11-15-2004 12:42 PM

is it an authentic copy? not all dvd players play burned cd's.

tparider 11-15-2004 1:10 PM

Yes, it's an authentic copy. After searching online for the past 20 minutes, I found out that my DVD player has a bunch of issues with some fuse that may or may not go bad after a couple of years. Guess I'm screwed. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by tparider on November 15, 2004)

antbug 11-15-2004 1:15 PM

David ~ I got mine and it played on my PS2, but it would not play on my car DVD player. I think it's just a bad recording. Try another player if you can.

antbug 11-15-2004 1:17 PM

Damn I need to lay off the drugs. Sorry it was Relentless not Prepop. Carry on....

tparider 11-15-2004 1:40 PM

Alright, I don't think it's my DVD player now - I played a VCD, a burned DVD, and a regular movie DVD, and everything was fine. I'm going to go to my neighbor's house and try his and rule out the disc being replicated poorly...

pureliquid 11-15-2004 2:32 PM

<b> Ant Bug</b> - I don't understand why that happens. I have an original (store bought) copy of Delta Sessions that will play in my PS2, but not my DVD player. My DVD player will play everything else (VCD's, CD-R's, DVD-R's), Just not Delta Sessions?

tyler_o 11-15-2004 2:37 PM

David, <BR> <BR>My copy of Pre-pop has a few sections where it freezes and the picture distorts but nothing that severe. I've had bigger problems with WakeTrix and Retrospective. Those DVD's skip alot and have sections where I lose sound. I'm using a brand new Panasonic DVD player that plays everything else great so I know it's not the machine. <BR> <BR>-Tyler O

tparider 11-15-2004 4:49 PM

Well, problem solved (maybe). I emailed the guy I bought it from on eBay and he immediately agreed to replace the DVD. Great service. I've purchased from him before, and will continue to buy from him with this issue becoming so hassle free. <BR> <BR>Tyler - weird about your DVDs not playing or skipping. Do you think that the producers put out cheap discs to save money, or is getting a "bad" dvd a normal occurance?

tyler_o 11-15-2004 5:14 PM

David, <BR> <BR>Not sure but my gut is cheap discs/prodcution techniques. It seems to cut across Vendors as well. Not sure if Sidewayzs and the other vendors share a common production company but in general the quality is pretty poor compared to mainstream DVD's.

hyperlitenrd 11-15-2004 7:27 PM

my copy of relentless wont play in my dvd player either, but plays in both of my computers, go figure. I just copied it to my harddrive and burned it to another dvd, but i have not tested that yet, ill tell you how it works out