WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   TS Backroll (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699516)

dirwoody 05-25-2009 5:51 PM

Been working on this and am so close, just can't get the landing. Got some photos of it and figured out when I'm coming around, my board is pointed like I'm going to land heelside, not toeside, so I skid out and fall. I'm thinking I just need to work harder on spotting the landing and try to keep the handle on my hip...... <BR>Anybody have any tips/pointers to help me stick this thing?

lyle 05-26-2009 8:04 AM

It took me a while to get these dialed.. like most, I was hucking it too hard. I recently picked up the ts br to revert, or tsr2r. It is way easier my friend.. just keep both hands on the handle and hold it to your hip up the wake. the rest will happen. good luck

dirwoody 05-26-2009 8:09 AM

Good call Lyle, I'll have to try it to revert next time out!

lyle 05-26-2009 8:35 AM

the landing is just so much easier IMO, you come down naturally edging away, plus you have two hands on the handle.

dirwoody 05-26-2009 11:39 AM

I'm definatel going to try it, I'm assuming if I can get those dialed, scarecrows will be simply figuring out the edge and pop then - does that sound right?

lyle 05-26-2009 12:32 PM

well, the landing is similar, since you will be landing the same way, so that will help you a ton. I recommend trying some ts 180s before trying this trick, it will get your body use to the landing. If you have trouble with those, try some ts 180 from inside the wake to the outside (also known as exits). this will help a ton when you start finding the landing. Hope that helps

liquidmx 05-26-2009 1:18 PM

Keep the handle in tight, I had a buddy with the same issue. Once we had him keeping the handle at his lead hip during the entire rotation he nailed it...first try.

trebomb821 10-14-2009 4:21 PM

depending on how much air u get u wanna be doing most of ur flip on the way down, don't throw it off the wake, try to float through it like a gainer.

tripsw 10-14-2009 6:42 PM

<i>Been working on this and am so close, just can't get the landing. Got some photos of it and figured out when I'm coming around, my board is pointed like I'm going to land heelside, not toeside, so I skid out and fall.</i> <BR> <BR>I had the same thing. 2 Things you should (probably) do: push the handle back towards the wake, and look away from the boat (towards the shore or back where you came from) upon landing. This should help keep the board in the right (TS) direction. <BR>It might help to do them one handed and one wake first, and let go upon landing (learnwake.com drill).

mbsteez 10-15-2009 6:02 AM

keep the handle on your front hip and close your shoulders and hips more on your approach, keep your body tall in your cut.

livigno 11-01-2009 5:41 AM

The TS Backroll is one of my favourite tricks, because it just feels great getting a smooth landing after floating upside down. This trick looks really smooth and relaxed when done correctly. <BR> <BR>First, do a couple clean, high TS w2w jumps. Concentrate on popping from the TOP of the wake. This is essential to getting the pop you need. Also, don't break at the waist. Keep your weight even as you approach the wake. Apply a smooth, progressive edge. Maybe grab Indy. This helps landing on your TOESIDE edge. Again, very important for TS Backrolls. <BR> <BR>Once you got these consistent, do the following: Cut in the same way as for one of your super clean TS w2w jumps. Really avoid leaving your edge or popping to early. Pop straight up from the top of the wake for maximum airtime. Then, after getting a solid, straight up pop, tilt your head backwards to initiate the rotation, let go with your back hand, and push your hips forward and in one fluid and really smooth motion. Please no hectic hucking business here. Then, think landing over your toes. When done correctly, the landing will be really smooth. Pushing the handle toward the wake definitely helps with landing correctly. Follow these steps and you will land beautiful TS backrolls very soon. <BR> <BR>Remember: Apply a smooth, progressive cut with your weight even, pop from the very top of the wake, tilt your head backwards AFTER popping straight up, let go with your back hand, and land over your toes. A TS backroll is very much like a gainer off of a diving board with wakeboarding's edging and landing skills added. <BR> <BR>Good luck!