WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 11, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=475214)
-   -   Metcraft Towers on Centurion Enzo (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464984)

jrc240 06-19-2007 4:25 PM

Does anybody know how i can get ahold of Metcraft enterprises?? They are the maker of the centurion evolution tower that is on my brand new enzo 240. <BR>Last weekend the damm thing cracked and the dealer is telling me that it is going to take up to four weeks to get my boat fixed. I think that is <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> you ask me! I GO AND BUY A BRAND NEW BOAT TAKE THE THING OUT THREE TIMES AND THE THING BREAKS AND THEN ITS SUPPOSEDLY GOING TO TAKE FOUR WEEKS TO GET FIXED????? Ya I dont think so. <BR>If anyone can be of a help with some info that would be great!!

trx1noob 06-19-2007 6:20 PM

where did it crack at?? i've got a 23 foot enzo, and would like to keep an eye on it. just took mine out for the 3rd time as well. sorry to hear bout that.

jrc240 06-19-2007 7:25 PM

It cracked on the left side right where the bullet speakers mount on the back of the tower. Major bummer, and if its going to take very long to get a new one I'm not going to be very happy. A brand new boat should not break like that... <BR>Nice Boat Ryan!! <BR> <BR>(Message edited by jrc240 on June 19, 2007)

anodyne 06-19-2007 9:40 PM

Metcraft is impossible to deal with... I worked at a Centurion dealership last spring/summer and had SO much trouble trying to get anything accomplished through them, let alone just get them to return my calls. <BR> <BR>I think Metcraft is a tiny little shop that got themselves waaaay in over their heads when they opened up with Malibu and Centurion and are now completely understaffed and bogged-down. Don't be mad at your dealer... honestly, there is not much they can do - Metcraft is to blame here. I'd say just pester them as much as possible. Call your dealer and ask for the contact information for Metcraft... that's what I would do.

nvsairwarrior 06-20-2007 2:27 AM

Especially since you are west of the Rockies, if it were me in your situ and was not getting satisfaction from MetCrap sorry, Metcraft, I'd call Karl Koster at Kal Kustoms in Fremont Cali. <BR>He actually helpd me out once with a trailer issue. At the time I didn't know the relationship but now I do. Be nice to this guy as he is the man. <BR>If that doesn't work, send me a picture of your problem and I'll put on his front door. I'm one of his neighbors (that he doesn't really know).

jrc240 06-20-2007 7:47 AM

What does karl Foster do at Kal Kustoms?

kirk 06-20-2007 7:56 AM

I have a Metcrap (whoops...sp?) tower on my boat and I have had to have it welded twice for cracks in different areas. I called Metcrap and they told me it was beyond warranty and there was nothing they could do. <BR> How about build a better tower?

phx07enzo 06-20-2007 7:59 AM

James Nice boat.. I just bought a 23 ENZO.. and love it.. Only minor issues so far. <BR> <BR>/image{new boat} <BR> <BR>(Message edited by phx07enzo on June 20, 2007)

trx1noob 06-20-2007 9:00 AM

James, I wish i would have gone for the color combo you have. i haven't had any probs with the black yet, but would have felt safer with your colors. <BR> <BR> I know it might be a long shot, but ask your dealer to swap you towers out on one of there boats and let them handle the warranty on the tower. ya never know, it might happen.

buguru 06-20-2007 3:21 PM

Bob and the Metcraft Crew has done nothing but great things for us. I sell almost all my boats with Illusion X. The new 08 Illusion is SWEET!!!

jrc240 06-20-2007 4:07 PM

I just wanted to let you all know that the info has been great!! Bob at metcraft saw my thread on wakeworld about my broken tower. Bob sent me an email with his number and said to call him. I replied to his e-mail with some pics of my tower and then called him in the morning. <BR>His reply was "when do you want to go to the lake next?" I said " not this weekend but the next, the weekend of the 31st, and the 1st." He said "ok let me call your dealership and see what we can do." About five minutes later he called me back and said "well since your dealership wont be able to get to your boat to fix it for a while I will send one of my guys up to pic up your boat, bring it to my shop and put a brand new updated tower with a new bimini top and remount everything so that I know its done right." I think that has something to say about a company that stands behind its product. I dont know what other problems other people have had with metcraft, but they seem to have taken care of me real good and I will be back on the lake in no time... <BR>Thanks Bob at Metcraft for hooking it up!! <BR>James

tyboarder03 06-20-2007 4:47 PM

WOW that is the absolute best customer service I've heard on these boards in a long time. Props to Metcraft. <BR>Kirk-If it's out of warranty what can they do? Why are you mad at them? It broke out of warranty <BR> <BR>Sounds like the rest of you nay sayers just got shown what happens when you don't badmouth a company publicly.(you get treated amazingly) <BR> <BR>(Message edited by tyboarder03 on June 20, 2007)

trx1noob 06-20-2007 7:28 PM

I would agree with tyler here. I work in sales and absolutely love it when a customer is more than understanding and I'll bend over backwards to help them. Props to metcraft for stepping up. <BR> <BR>also a shout out to metcraft for building one of the best looking towers (evolution, and just my opinion cuz i own one) and I am very happy with it.

357 06-20-2007 8:30 PM

does metcraft have a website?

nvsairwarrior 06-21-2007 2:49 AM

Glad that everything appears to be turning in your favor. It often is just getting the attention of the right person. <BR>FYI, Karl Koster owns the company (Kal Kustoms) as well as very large interests in a few others in the boating world. <BR>buguru: any pics of that new tower? I for one haven't seen it yet.

kirk 06-21-2007 8:37 AM

Tyler, <BR>While I understand that it is out of warranty and that they are not obligated to do anything about it, I guess I am mad that it has the problem in the first place. With this particular tower, cracking was not just an isolated problem with just my tower. In my opinion this model of tower was of a poor design and probably should have been recalled at some point. I can link several discussion groups that have addressed the same issues that I am having with my tower. Hopefully the new Metcraft towers are designed better and will not have the problems that I have had with mine.

halem23 06-22-2007 10:48 AM

Nice work with the tower problem. When do you plan on hitting the lake next? I would love to see your boat in action... How do you like the switchblade setup?