WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   newbie needs advice: velcro/laces/hinge (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780861)

backyardhockey 06-22-2010 9:14 AM

newbie needs advice: velcro/laces/hinge

Hello and thanx in advance. I'm looking for a package for teenage kids who have never boarded. Good skiers, water and snow. Several kids will be using this gear so easy to learn and easy on/off is key. Kids are 120 lbs and size 9 mens.

I see packages from:

CWB (faze and a seven boot) Hinge.

LF (ps3 and domain) Velcro.

Hyperlite (State and sprint or remix) Laces.

So waddyathink? They are priced about the same. Durability, easy to learn boarding and binding ease on/off + support are key.

06-22-2010 9:21 AM

+1 for LF setup

Luker 06-22-2010 9:22 AM

LF fasho

stephan 06-22-2010 9:33 AM

When it comes to multiple people using the bindings, nothing beats the CWB Hinge boots. In addition to being very easy to get in/out of, they fit a range of foot sizes very well. As for the boards, the three you are looking at are all pretty similar, nothing to hold you back and none really stands out over the other.

crosenhahn 06-22-2010 9:33 AM

Big fan of my LF Vantage's - great support, super easy on and off... Durability is pretty good.. 2+ years of riding on them and they are holding up pretty well. Will probably replace them next year. Oh and SUPER COMFY!!!

Anubis79 06-22-2010 9:51 AM

I'd have to vote LF since I just got a new setup and it's fantastic. I got the Trip with Index bindings, which are lace-up. Package is about $50 less than the PS3+Domain, and by most accounts the board is great no matter your skill. I've been riding for years and my buddy is in his 2nd season and is only able to jump 1 wake at the moment but neither of us has any trouble with the board. And the bindings are real easy to get in and out of, although with any of the ones listed it'll probably be easier to strap in standing on the platform and then jumping into the water. It's a lot better than trying to fidget with them underwater. I think the decision will eventually be more about the specs of the board than about the bindings.

cwb4me 06-22-2010 10:09 AM

+ 1 for the hinge tech i love mine . i also hase a PS3 for cable , with the center fin in it would be great for a beginner. i,m not familar with the hyperlite , but i do have a roam , wouldn't recommend that board to a flat out beginner but its loads of fun!

jarrod 06-22-2010 10:12 AM

+2 for the Hinge. Like heavy said. A wide range of foot size can work with the Hinge boot. The kid with the bigger foot won't have to struggle.

lfrider92 06-22-2010 12:54 PM

LF for sure. ive ridden the faze with seven bindings, those bindings hurt my feet after about a minute of riding, we got this board and binding for my older sister to start on. hurt her feet to, not a fan of the board either. cant speak on the hyperlite setup.

id see if you can find a Liquid force trip package deal. great board to learn on, as well as progress quickly on. they can be found online for very cheap.
the sister mentioned above, she rode that board maybe three times, then bought a trip and loved it...

Luker 06-22-2010 2:04 PM

The PS3 is a pro-model board and the Domains are essentially Vantages, which tons of advanced riders swear by... Comfort, progress-ability (yes possibly a made up word haha), style... between these three setups the LF is hands down the best. I'm not gonna argue who's high-end stuff is better between these 3 companies because its pretty much anybody's game... but LF has quality kids stuff on lock.

wakereviews 06-22-2010 2:23 PM

Love my Vantage CT bindings.

innov8 06-23-2010 7:32 AM

Check out the CWB Pure/Vapor combo, hard to beat this setup for the money.

You get the Hinge boots with the Velcro.

baitkiller 06-23-2010 8:05 AM

^^^^^ Couldn't agree more. I use this as a boat board for noobies. Great bindings that fit a vast range of feet and the board is mild and floaty. Super easy to ride and stable. I have the 142 Pure with the vapors and my 320lbd buddy rides it and my 120 lbs wife rides it.

backyardhockey 06-23-2010 10:00 AM

Thanks for all the replies. This site is great. I went with the LF. When I checked out the binding sizes on the CWB they were 5-8 or 9-13. MY daughter has an 8 and son is a 8.5 so the small ones might have been small and the big ones might have been big. The LF was a 8-12 so we should be good. Never tried anything on as the nearest board shop is at least an hour away. I did buy from a shop where I could "work" with them if we have issues. Was $11 more than the online houses. Hope they love it. Thanx again.