WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through January 12, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=535807)
-   -   Boat Help (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525821)

5oclocksomewhere 12-09-2007 6:54 AM

Need help with boat short list. <BR>Looking for a boat with good rough water ride, I have two kids both ski and board , wife only skis for know ,I do all three [but not well] got into surfing last year so all three areas are important though it seams that there are only certain boats that surf reasonably well. <BR>I am currently looking at a VLX , B-52 , CC 220 <BR>really curious about the ski wakes Dont want to start a war , just would like to here your thoughts, and again thanks

wakereviews 12-09-2007 7:09 AM

I have heard that the ski wake on the B52 is very good for a V-Drive. I had a VLX and from what I heard, it was still very hard at slalom speeds. NOt sure about the 220 though.

5oclocksomewhere 12-09-2007 7:23 AM

I was leaning towards the BU, then I started searching about the ski wake and no one seemed very happy , dont get me wrong I will only free ski but I would like to enjoy it. <BR>Cmon MB,CC guys hows your wakes

chpthril 12-09-2007 7:25 AM

Cant give you any pros or cons on the models that you have listed, but based on what you are looking for, as described above, one boat comes to mind. Tige 22 or 24 Ve. <BR> <BR>Great rough water ride do to heavy deep V hull, deep free board for safe, dry ride. <BR> <BR>I rec ski and find the wake small and soft from 28mph and up. With a little weight in the nose, and TAPS @ 2 it is very nice. <BR> <BR>Great unweighted board wake for the kids and beginners, and only gets better with ballast. <BR> <BR>I spent more time surfing this year then anything else. Our 22Ve will produce a surfable wake with only a single 700# sac. We usually run with 1200 to 1500 depending on how many peeps on the boat. <BR> <BR>Water test all of them and go with the one that fits your family the best. Good luck on your search.

5oclocksomewhere 12-09-2007 7:51 AM

Heres another problem ,nearest MB dealer 8 hrs away Tige 2hrs away CC 1.5hrs BU is in town. <BR>Mike have you been in a RZ2

chpthril 12-09-2007 8:37 AM

Brian, <BR> <BR>We got to drive one of the early 07 RZ2's last year (November) at the Lake Mead Cold Water Reunion put on by Boats of Nevada. <BR> <BR>We also spent a day in one this summer with our Dealer, HQ Marine, doing a Clinic with Tige Pro Cathy Williams. <BR> <BR>The RZ is on the same platform as the Ve so you get the same handling and performance. The only problems that I have heard of is that the swim platform cuts into the surf wake some and makes a secondary lip. Rumor is, they are working on a new shape for the swim platform. <BR> <BR>The biggest diff between the 2 boats is the styling. Got a look at the RZ4 this year, but didn't get a chance to drive/ride. Sweet boat tho.

26lacefield 12-09-2007 10:08 AM

TigeMike- i'm almost positive that they fixed the swim platform problem. I know that on the Z1 the made the platform a little smaller width wize so that it wouldn't get into the wave when surfing. i'm pretty sure they said that they had did the same thing to the RZ's

raspy 12-09-2007 10:16 AM

dont know if this helps. but ive been looking and i have a VLX and ya the wake for skiing is actaully terrible haha its 100% wakeboard boat. Man maybe look at the VTX its a foot smaller than the VLX. and im sure that the ski wake would be a little better. check on <a href="http://www.waterskimag.com" target="_blank">www.waterskimag.com</a> check the boat reviews they have tons of videos and all that beatuy stuff! yAAAAAA BUDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAY goodluck sniper!

chpthril 12-09-2007 10:17 AM

"TigeMike- i'm almost positive that they fixed the swim platform problem. I know that on the Z1 the made the platform a little smaller width wize so that it wouldn't get into the wave when surfing. i'm pretty sure they said that they had did the same thing to the RZ's" <BR> <BR> <BR>That will make some 07 and early 08 owners happy if they can get the new swim platform on thier RZ2/4}

deltaboy 12-09-2007 11:33 AM

Awsome wake for all facets, Wakecraft but I don't know how close you are to CA. if too far you should try and find a BU (vlx) with the diamond hull.

5oclocksomewhere 12-09-2007 11:47 AM

07 BU's can be bought very reasonable right now where Im at, IM trying to buy during the off season to save a little money but the right boat is more important than a good deal, preety sure I would have to order a VLX with the diamond , I got to drive a tige before I go that route, tiges advertised prices seem a little steep will they deal or are they fishin.