WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Stripper poles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785685)

Riteride 01-27-2011 2:39 PM

Stripper poles

Does anybody have a stripper pole on their boat? Was it a DIY or where did you get it?

moto817 01-27-2011 4:04 PM

DIY , I had the base machined to slip into my stock ski pole , Message me if you want some more info :-)

cadunkle 01-27-2011 4:45 PM

I was never a fan of that stuff on boats or trucks, but how about a one piece extended pylon? Just needs to fit snug I guess.

mikeski 01-27-2011 5:17 PM

I'm a fan of this stuff on boats, although my wife is not such a big fan... haha

ship_of_fools 01-27-2011 5:28 PM

^^^^ Yea, What Mikeski said. LOL...

murphy_smith 01-27-2011 5:44 PM

ahhhh....be careful what you wish for - someday that could be your daughter on the pole!

ship_of_fools 01-27-2011 5:53 PM

^^^^Ohhhh....What, Murph said!!

ryanw209 01-27-2011 6:18 PM

I'm not a big fan.... I think it makes our sport a look tacky but then again, I'm out on the water to ride, not to party....

cadunkle 01-27-2011 6:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanw209 (Post 1657160)
I'm not a big fan.... I think it makes our sport a look tacky but then again, I'm out on the water to ride, not to party....

Exactly.I'm not great at riding. I just go out and have fun riding, try my best to improve every time out. When my boat is wet it is running the whole time either in search of good water or pulling a rider. Occasionally just a cruise around, but i don't do the whole party scene on the water. I don't drink when I'm on my boat. Anyone else is welcome to bring what they want, but personally I stay sober and ride. I'll crack a cold one and fire up the grill at home once the boat is put away. I just have a thing with drinking and driving a boat in close proximity to people in the water.

I also don't want to be "that guy". You know, the obnoxious guy blasting loud obscene music so everyone within a mile can hear, the guy with dry over the transom headers ripping around all day, the one following dangerously close behind your rider, the drunk guy tying up the ramp who refuses any help, etc. Whatever shape or form, I prefer not to be him.

To each his own, but I agree with Ryan209... This stuff reflects poorly on our sport and I feel it reflects poorly on us as individuals.

westsidarider 01-27-2011 7:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I would say 50% of the people I ride with have them. Easy DIY if you have a v-drive. Remove the ski pylon. Drill a couple holes through your steel or aluminum pole and slide it right in the ski pylon slot. One bolt and nut and you have a party on your boat

Heres a couple pics for some motivation

radikal 01-27-2011 8:31 PM

what's the guy on the drivers seats doing !!?? :p

mrbrian 01-27-2011 8:45 PM

Callen that sure is a good looking boat!! Must be a smart man that owns that boat!!

tn_rider 01-27-2011 8:46 PM

how sturdy is the pole in the first pic? ive been wanting to put one on my boat but didnt want something wobbly

mrbrian 01-27-2011 8:53 PM

The pole is very stable.....it uses the factory ski pylon mount. Its been awhile since I made it but I think it is a two inch aluminum pipe with a very think wall. The key is to use a piece of plexi pipe as a spacer to make it fit tight....If you use a pipe that is the same diameter as the ski pylon its to big around for the girls to hold on to.

tn_rider 01-27-2011 9:31 PM

so that pole is just slid over the ski pylon with a bold through it? or did you take out the pylon and bolt the pole where the pylon used to be?

mrbrian 01-27-2011 10:00 PM

The pylon is unbolted and removed and the pole bolted in.

boomshot 01-28-2011 3:02 AM

This is still happening out West is it?

Jesus. Eye candy aside, this is paradoxically one of the gayest things people do to their boats. Dumb drunk chicks on a stripper pole - sure - nice to look at but I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those on my boat (the pole, the chicks can stay). First of all they're holding the pole because they're too drunk to dance on the sundeck - you know that right? It's tacky, base and totally opens the sport up for more ridicule. Just....stop. Our sport has already been bashed on countless snowboarding videos, bashed generally by various other action sports and treated to a nice little F.U. on the graphic of at least 2 skateboard decks - and booted from the X-Games. Why add any more levels of garish crap than we're already stuck with. This is some Girls Gone Wild turned viral bull****.

Speaking of viral. Hope you're boiling those poles after use. Egh.

UNLIKE.

frosty2469 01-28-2011 3:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_smith (Post 1657150)
ahhhh....be careful what you wish for - someday that could be your daughter on the pole!

If your daughter is on a pole...
you failed as a father.

and, to answer the OP's question:
http://www.californiapoles.com/

882001 01-28-2011 4:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomshot (Post 1657199)
This is still happening out West is it?

Jesus. Eye candy aside, this is paradoxically one of the gayest things people do to their boats. Dumb drunk chicks on a stripper pole - sure - nice to look at but I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those on my boat (the pole, the chicks can stay). First of all they're holding the pole because they're too drunk to dance on the sundeck - you know that right? It's tacky, base and totally opens the sport up for more ridicule. Just....stop. Our sport has already been bashed on countless snowboarding videos, bashed generally by various other action sports and treated to a nice little F.U. on the graphic of at least 2 skateboard decks - and booted from the X-Games. Why add any more levels of garish crap than we're already stuck with. This is some Girls Gone Wild turned viral bull****.

Speaking of viral. Hope you're boiling those poles after use. Egh.

UNLIKE.

buzz kill

mattgettel 01-28-2011 5:00 AM

NOOOOOO!!! Not the bottom of a skateboard!
Damn I really hate to lose their respect!

boomshot 01-28-2011 5:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 882001 (Post 1657206)
buzz kill

I know. I'm sorry, seriously. It's just one of those things that has always struck me as dumb about our sport and only gets a "are you f**king serious. people do that?" kind of reaction where I'm from. Then again I don't have 40-boat raft off parties with all the fun that probably is (and I am serious, bet it's a blast). I guess I would be more likely to be cheering or whooping at someone ELSE doing that to their boat than even thinking about it for a moment on mine. Just gets a huge roll-of-the-eyes from my location - I'm not alone in this. I'd never do it because it's so inherently douchey in my opinion.

And yeah, no big deal about the slaps from skate/snow, but do we want to ever be looked at like rollerblading is? Having cross-sport respect is important as far as I'm concerned. This does nothing to advance anything about our sport. I'm probably in the minority about this. I presume you know already that I don't care.

murphy_smith 01-28-2011 5:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frosty2469 (Post 1657203)
If your daughter is on a pole...
you failed as a father.

and, to answer the OP's question:
http://www.californiapoles.com/

Duh....NO SH*T - that is why you don't put a pole on the back of your boat.

Let me be the first to say to it is not just the act of putting up a pole on the back of your boat. It is the whole concept of how you view women and how you want others to view women as well as the lifestyle you are promoting.

He who has a pole IMO has little respect for women IMO. I am sure I will get blasted for this statement but I have a friend who is a living example and I saw awful things as to the way he treated his girl this summer. It ended our friendship

boomshot 01-28-2011 6:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_smith (Post 1657211)

Let me be the first to say to it is not just the act of putting up a pole on the back of your boat. It is the whole concept of how you view women and how you want others to view women as well as the lifestyle you are promoting.

He who has a pole IMO has little respect for women IMO. I am sure I will get blasted for this statement but I have a friend who is a living example and I saw awful things as to the way he treated his girl this summer. It ended our friendship

Yup. Co-signed.

But it's the women's decisions to get on the pole. I guess my thing against it has more to do with that played-out "yheaa I'mma playa peeeiiimmmmp str8 hustla..." sub-sub-subculture in the sport that you see and just go... "Hey Dre', you know you're, you're, well you're waterskiing right? I mean - you know that right? You didn't know? Oh - yeah - nobody told you? Forgot you missed the meeting. You're waterskiing as far as 90% of the population is concerned, may want to take it down a notch husta. Keep it street for real though, the boardshorts over your wetsuit definitely is cool and not you admitting to the world that you're packing a pea-shooter under there. We decided that in the same meeting. Really sorry you didn't hear the news."

colombiansurfer 01-28-2011 6:45 AM

Who cares what people put on or in there boat? If you do not like it, then do not look. Some people like a huge booming stereo system, I don't like all of that, but it doesn't mean I have to hate on the guy that does have it. Good for him, it is what he likes. If someone wants to put a pole on there boat, then it is up to them, not you. He is the one that makes the payments on it, not you. I have seen people with fog machines, wine buckets, disco lights, etc... It might not be my bag, but if it is there and they like it, then rock on! If I am tied up next to a another boat and they break out a stripper pole, great, I will sit back and watch the action. Doesn't mean I want one, and if women think it is degrading, then don't drink and try to slide up and down the pole or go to another cove.

tn_rider 01-28-2011 7:06 AM

i was raised that women come first...i have all the respect in the world for women, hell my BEST friend is a woman. Do i want a stripper pole on my boat? yes! It may not even get touched all summer, but last summer i heard "the only thing that would make this thing better is a stripper pole" too much! BUT, keep in mind i am a 19 year old kid and usually the only girls that normally come out on the lake are the girls from college. If they drink and want to dance on the stripper pole im not gonna drag them off of it, its their choice. If they wanted to start sheding bikini's THATS when id put a stop to it.

jarrod 01-28-2011 7:42 AM

I think it a little crazy, but I just love to see people having fun on their boats. The party crowd comes out and support our event every year and makes it the blow-out party that it is. Stripper poles, disco lights, whatever floats your boat! Just have fun.

The skaters and snow boarders that knock our sport are the ones that have never tried it. I don't care if they respect our sport or not. Those aren't the kind of people that I want in our sport anyway.

chattwake 01-28-2011 8:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There's a time and a place for riding. There's a time and a place for family fun. There's a time and a place for throwing down, loud music, drinking, and oogling women in bikinis. None of the foregoing activities are wrong or bad if they are done safely and with courtesy to your fellow boaters - and that goes both ways.

If you're wanting to ride, don't go into a cove full of boats tied up and people partying and wake the heck out of them. If you want to party, don't go tie up in the middle of a cove where people are already riding in flat water or next to a family with small children, who were there first, and who are trying to have a nice family day. If you want to have family fun, don't go tie up in a cove where people are already throwing down drinking with girls dancing to loud rap music while grinding on stripper poles - or for that matter, don't bring your family to a cove where you know dang well people show up routinely and party.

It's pretty easy to have a good time and let others have a good time too if you just be smart about it and don't act like you own the lake.

As for a stripper pole, I won't have one on my boat simply because I have a daughter and another one on the way. I think it is hilarious, and I am fully entertained, when other people bust out the pole at the party cove. If I'm going to put something rediculous on my boat, it will usually involve alcohol and a sober driver.

Everyone needs to lighten up and realize that there is a time and a place for everything and everyone's entitled to have a good time.

WRider 01-28-2011 8:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1657231)
There's a time and a place for riding. There's a time and a place for family fun. There's a time and a place for throwing down, loud music, drinking, and oogling women in bikinis. None of the foregoing activities are wrong or bad if they are done safely and with courtesy to your fellow boaters - and that goes both ways.

If you're wanting to ride, don't go into a cove full of boats tied up and people partying and wake the heck out of them. If you want to party, don't go tie up in the middle of a cove where people are already riding in flat water or next to a family with small children, who were there first, and who are trying to have a nice family day. If you want to have family fun, don't go tie up in a cove where people are already throwing down drinking with girls dancing to loud rap music while grinding on stripper poles - or for that matter, don't bring your family to a cove where you know dang well people show up routinely and party.

It's pretty easy to have a good time and let others have a good time too if you just be smart about it and don't act like you own the lake.

As for a stripper pole, I won't have one on my boat simply because I have a daughter and another one on the way. I think it is hilarious, and I am fully entertained, when other people bust out the pole at the party cove. If I'm going to put something rediculous on my boat, it will usually involve alcohol and a sober driver.

Everyone needs to lighten up and realize that there is a time and a place for everything and everyone's entitled to have a good time.

Couldn't have said it better. Every one has their own opinion of fun on the water, to each his own. Don't knock other people for doing something they enjoy, your doing exactly what you talked about snowboarders and skateboarders ragging on us. We should be in the sport together and not judging others on the water if 1/2 the day they want to ride and 1/2 the day they want to party, and so what if a guy buys a $80K Malibu to just party on it 's his payment. We need to respect people choices of what they do on the water as long as they are doing it safely and also being courteous. I won't have one on my boat just because I am engaged but who the he** doesn't enjoy watching them.

bruizza 01-28-2011 8:46 AM

I am with Chattwake on this one.

2006maliblue 01-28-2011 9:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I've made a bunch of stripper poles for friends and have one on my boat! Its one of the most versatile optiions I've ever put on my boat! I designed it to quick release in and out so you can go from using the ski pylon to dancing in seconds! The stripper pole, or dance pole I mean how often do you see girls actually striping at the lake is allot of fun! I also use it as a flag mount, and on special occasion like the World Series in McCovey cove it doubled as a tv mount! To each there own and don't knock anything just because its different then your views. If anything, the thing that gives our sport a bad rep is the stuck up people that think there better then every buddy else!

cjh1669 01-28-2011 9:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_smith (Post 1657150)

Exactly why I'll never have one on my boat, that and the wife :)

Damn I wish I had a nice boat in my early 20's, then I would have:cool:

cjh1669 01-28-2011 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_smith (Post 1657211)

I don't think you're going to get blasted for it, and there is some truth to this I guess. I don't think all guys that have have little respect, but I'm sure some do. I think when you use your boat for a party boat you do whatever you can to attract women to it to make it more fun. I personally respect women, but I can see the advantage of said pole.

WRider 01-28-2011 9:26 AM

(2006Maliblue)
That's sick as he** how you also turned the pole into a TV Mount and a Flag holder! Gotta love living in the USA!

BWB745 01-28-2011 9:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomshot (Post 1657209)
I know. I'm sorry, seriously. It's just one of those things that has always struck me as dumb about our sport and only gets a "are you f**king serious. people do that?" kind of reaction where I'm from. Then again I don't have 40-boat raft off parties with all the fun that probably is (and I am serious, bet it's a blast). I guess I would be more likely to be cheering or whooping at someone ELSE doing that to their boat than even thinking about it for a moment on mine. Just gets a huge roll-of-the-eyes from my location - I'm not alone in this. I'd never do it because it's so inherently douchey in my opinion.

And yeah, no big deal about the slaps from skate/snow, but do we want to ever be looked at like rollerblading is? Having cross-sport respect is important as far as I'm concerned. This does nothing to advance anything about our sport. I'm probably in the minority about this. I presume you know already that I don't care.

Completely agree with you. I'm all about having a good time and partying on the water but I would never have one on my boat nor would the girls I take out want to dance on one. Maybe its just a regional thing (South btw) but, I don't see too many people my age (20's) doing anything remotely similar to most of the pictures posted on here.

Don't get me wrong, it looks fun, just not my style.

cjh1669 01-28-2011 9:53 AM

I guess there is one other thing that may stop me from doing that, i can't stand the music associated with it.

chattwake 01-28-2011 10:23 AM

5 Attachment(s)
To each their own my friends. I love to ride, but I also love to party!

chattwake 01-28-2011 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes I party too hard!

bcrider 01-28-2011 10:41 AM

I agree with Chattwake as well.

I also think too many of you care about what other people do. I snowboard as well so does that mean I should be hatting on my other favorite sport being wakeboarding? Oh no......some skate board kid is raggin on me wakeboarding cause I get to hang out with all my friends on the boat in the hot sun, get to see bikini's...maybe a stripper pole, have some beers, shred some butter......why am I mad again?.... Come on people!! You wanna have a pole, go for it. You wanna ride, go for it. Not everyone is hardcore about wakeboarding. If there was a pole on my boat and it got used I wouldn't be mad.

mikeski 01-28-2011 10:45 AM

Cheers Chatwake, nicely done.

My boat is the most versatile machine I own. It can provide me an escape to solitude if I want. It can pull me to enjoy a few different adrenaline filled activities, it can take me to a party or take me away from the party, it can aid me in teaching others how to enjoy something I love, and it provides a fantastic platform for entertainment activities on the water under the sun or moon.

Our boats are easily transformed to entertainment enablers, a stripper pole is just another tool in the drawer. I have seen them used very effectively allowing a couple women to show off what they wanted when it was appropriate. Of course there were also a few other women in the crowd that exposed their jealous nature very quickly too, but it was mostly good from my view (there were one or two women that should have been banished from using the pole).

I don't have a stripper pole on my boat but I have friends that do.

cjh1669 01-28-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrider (Post 1657283)
I agree with Chattwake as well.

I also think too many of you care about what other people do. I snowboard as well so does that mean I should be hatting on my other favorite sport being wakeboarding? Oh no......some skate board kid is raggin on me wakeboarding cause I get to hang out with all my friends on the boat in the hot sun, get to see bikini's...maybe a stripper pole, have some beers, shred some butter......why am I mad again?.... Come on people!! You wanna have a pole, go for it. You wanna ride, go for it. Not everyone is hardcore about wakeboarding. If there was a pole on my boat and it got used I wouldn't be mad.

Still don't get where the snowboarders vs wakeboarders thing comes from. I've never once in my life heard a snowboarder rag on wakeboarding. I live in Colorado, have snowboarded since I was 12, and knwo a ton of snowboarders. Not one of them have ever talked crap about wakeboarding and most of them wakeboard. So weird to see these things pop up on these boards.

In the end it doesn't matter for me on the pole thing. My lake would toss you in a second if you pulled up with a stripper pole.
I'd love to party on a boat with one, as long as they weren't blarring gangster rap.

Riteride 01-28-2011 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I love how you can post something here and get all sides even a little hostility. We are all in the same boat just wanting to enjoy boating no matter if you ride all day or just post in the Cove and party!! I personally do a little bit of both it all depends on who is going out with me. As long as everyone is being safe and having a good time, I do not care what is on your boat or what boat you have or what tunes you play. We are all on the water for the same reason, to enjoy our friends and family doing what we love the most BOATING!! So keep the rsponses coming!!

Thanks

guido 01-28-2011 11:36 AM

Boating is a lifestyle. The partying, riding, and chilling all go hand in hand. That's what I like about it so much. Some people just take themselves too seriosly. If a guy wants to have a stripper pole, then go for it. If you want to go out and get wasted, awesome, just make sure you have a SAFE, SOBER boat driver.

I love music. Especially when I ride. We listen to our tunes riding and partying. It just makes it all more fun. If you use common sense you don't have to be that douche that cranks tunes at the dock. Have we pissed people off before? Sure. I know it for a fact, but we don't intentionally set out to do that. We have as much fun as possible while maintaining relative safety on the water.

Do we have a pole? Nope, but I wont judge the guys that do. A lot of the guys that party on their boats don't even ride. Why is that so wrong? If they have the coin to buy the boat, then whatever. Use it is however you want. I like the party coves/beaches because it keeps those guys off our riding water. We join them after we get our sets in.

As for other board sports... They get their panties in a bunch because they don't have 1/2 naked girls lounging around on their boats all day. It's kinda funny because most wakeboarders come from a board sports background. They're really just hacking themselves. I grew up skating, then moved to snowboarding, now I mix snow and wake depending on the season. Anyway, they can talk all the crap they want. Usually after they come out and get owned a few times they quiet down. Sometimes they even dig the lifestyle.

To each their own.

chattwake 01-28-2011 11:37 AM

Someone needs to incorporate the ultimate "party pole" on their boat, which incorporates an ice luge, distributes white t-shirts, shoots out lasers, emits fog and bubbles, has a beer tap, and blasts jets of ice cold water (for the white-t-shirts of course).

chattwake 01-28-2011 11:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my professional artist rendition of the ultimate party pole. No one steal this idea now - patent pending.

chattwake 01-28-2011 11:53 AM

Damn, forgot the bubbles.

WRider 01-28-2011 11:55 AM

HAHA that is friggen awesome! Ill buy one from you if you can make that!

Riteride 01-28-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chattwake (Post 1657305)
Here's my professional artist rendition of the ultimate party pole. No one steal this idea now - patent pending.

Now thats what I'm talking about a little creativity.lol

factorykitted 01-28-2011 11:59 AM

i have everything covered except the tshirt receptical,dance platform and ice luge

chattwake 01-28-2011 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fixed.

bcrider 01-28-2011 12:21 PM

You need to add some "meat seats" on top of tower

bcrider 01-28-2011 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like this.

phatboypimp 01-28-2011 1:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjh1669 (Post 1657285)
My lake would toss you in a second if you pulled up with a stripper pole.

What exactly does this mean?

cjh1669 01-28-2011 1:49 PM

It means that if you tried to launch a boat with a stripper pole, or put one up after you had launched, they'd toss you off the lake. It's a semi private dry lake with noise restraints.

Riteride 01-28-2011 2:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now all you guy's with a pole need one of these Bikini Hooks so they have somewhere to hang their Bikini!!

WRider 01-28-2011 2:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjh1669 (Post 1657336)
It means that if you tried to launch a boat with a stripper pole, or put one up after you had launched, they'd toss you off the lake. It's a semi private dry lake with noise restraints.

Is it the Pole that is noisy or the girls on the Pole that are noisy? What if they dance with the Music low?

Lol just messing with ya man!

wakesetter_WW 01-28-2011 2:39 PM

Sounds like I need to come to Chatt. I'm loving the Ice luge with jager!

cjh1669 01-28-2011 2:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WRider (Post 1657344)
Is it the Pole that is noisy or the girls on the Pole that are noisy? What if they dance with the Music low?

Lol just messing with ya man!

I think it's the girls dancing on the pole. Small family lake. Also look at all the pictures in this thread and what's the common denominator? They all have drinks in their hands. People drink on the lake, but on the down low, you get caught you go to the pokey.
Positives of the lake empty on week days, not real crowded on weekends, about a mile form my house, no lake lice and really clean clear flat water.

Nice part is drive about an hour north and you got horsetooth with the party cove where you can do what you want. Not against the poles on the boat, minus the crapy music. I just don't even have the option.

DMeyersLT 01-28-2011 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westsidarider (Post 1657171)
I would say 50% of the people I ride with have them. Easy DIY if you have a v-drive. Remove the ski pylon. Drill a couple holes through your steel or aluminum pole and slide it right in the ski pylon slot. One bolt and nut and you have a party on your boat

Heres a couple pics for some motivation

Hey thats my fiance!!!! LMAO !!!!!!! Jason K says she wants this pic...

epic1 01-29-2011 10:53 AM

those girls are on the water to ride too....

boomshot 01-29-2011 11:33 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJ...na_Hate_23.jpg

apwrx 01-29-2011 3:28 PM

I really dont understand. stripper poles belong in strip clubs or behind closed doors where all like minded douchebags can oogle. Its a bit ridiculous to run into this crap on the lake.Why do people tie up and do this on the water do you not have homes? It blows me away how many people bring there kids out with them as well.People need to show some respect. Alcohol and water yeah thats brilliant. I know iam in the minroity but seriously people there are plenty other places to party. I look forward to the day law enforcement starts cracking down on some of this garbage.

mrbrian 01-29-2011 8:20 PM

Normally I would never comment on a negative comment but I am wondering what Adam thinks is appropriate on my boat. Should I have a separate boat for women and men. Should the men keep there shirts on and women not show there ankles? While I do put the stripper pole up on my boat on occasion for the party days. The request to put it up was by the ladies, some who use it at home as a work out tool and they feel more comfortable dancing with something to hang on to. As for partying on the water I wonder what you think is ok? is laughing and smiling? because I would hate to offend anyone. I am out on the water most weekends I never drink while I operate a boat and feel its my responsibility to look out for all of the men and women that go with me! I Spend lots of time while out on the water making sure fellow boaters are safe as well including pulling in my fair share of families that break down while they are on there one or two outings of the year and not ready for the unexpected like I am! Lets hope for there sake some "douchebag or garbage" (your words) is there to help them if they don't meet your standards!
I may not like what you or the next guy does on there boat but if I don't like it I can move.

apwrx 01-29-2011 9:51 PM

Whatever, Iam glad you are a safe boater and do help people out. I do the same congrats. The general public is not going to see that part of your activity only that you and 50 other people are drunk and obnoxious on the water. Its just fuels an overall stereo type of wakeboats being a group of loud obnoxious people and will make it hard for us in the future. People are getting tired of the stereo's,the wakes and the partying .Lots of other people do it too but guess who is gonna get targeted yep wakeboats. A little restraint goes a long way. The poles are over the top and draw alot of negative attention. Do what you want and your right i will move if i dont like it will you?

apwrx 01-29-2011 10:08 PM

I was a little harsh in my first post must of been in a pissy mood;) Iam sure the people that party are the first ones to help somebody out and iam not against partying, i just dont get the over the top bring lots of attention to what you are doing aspect. as far as dress code since you asked ankles are fine to show but nothing above the knee;) ive vented party on.

westsidarider 01-30-2011 12:03 AM

This is awesome. I didnt know that wakeboarding had spread to India

mrbrian 01-30-2011 12:06 AM

I understand the venting but remember the slippery slope you go down when you decide that something someone does should stop because you don't like it.....what is next the color of a boat being to bright? How about the tower being to high or the wrong shape? The negative stereo types look like they begin here! If you see me out on the water with or without the stripper pole on my boat you will see a respectful boater and that is how we should judge whether the owner is a "douchebag" or not. Partying in a cove or in the case of the picture a specific event like the Bump party are in my opinion acceptable places.

882001 01-30-2011 8:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apwrx (Post 1657455)
overall stereo type of wakeboats being a group of loud obnoxious people

thats all the wakeboarders that i know

guido 01-30-2011 8:52 AM

Truth..... You're blowing yourself up there, bud. You're the one hating. Everyone else is out there having fun. Don't take yourself too seriously, bro. At the end of the day it's just wakeboarding.

apwrx 01-30-2011 9:13 AM

I think i'll just agree to disagree. It frustrates me just like somebody coming into your party cove skiing or wakeboarding and rocking the boats frustrates you. A specific event like the bump event i agree is totally acceptable. Just providing a different point of view. Stereo types are usually there for a reason.

johnny_jr 01-30-2011 12:07 PM

Stereo Types..... how about uptight pick^^^^^^

psudy 01-31-2011 8:24 AM

" Our sport has already been bashed on countless snowboarding videos, bashed generally by various other action sports and treated to a nice little F.U. on the graphic of at least 2 skateboard decks"

LMFAO. Who cares.

jeff_mn 01-31-2011 8:33 AM

LOL @ all of the old, miserable dudes on this thread..

I don't have a pole on my boat, nor will I ever.. But you're kidding yourself if you think that ANYONE who is tied up in "party cove" for 12 hours on a Saturday is "offended" by stripper poles or that anyone who is tied up in "party cove" for those same 12 hours relates a stripper pole on a boat to our wakeboarding sport.. Those people don't know or give a damn what sport we're into..

If people bring their kids to "party cove" - they are ****ty parents.. That's a spot for adults to tie up, drink beer and have a good time..

Get rea you guys. if you don't like it, don't tie up in a cove.. No one is judging wakeboarding as a sport because a dozen wakeboard boats across the country who tie up in a cove have a pole.

I'm 30, married and have a kid. I hope I never become so short sighted. I respect women and my wife and this sport - but by no means do these guys have a great time partying on Saturday refect on the sport.

brian_b 01-31-2011 8:46 AM

I have a pole on my boat, and my gf of 3 years is a dancer. I feel kinda bad for all of you hating and judging folks with poles on their boats. As far as disrespecting or being disrespectful to women, I guarantee if you disrespect a girl on my boat you will get a knuckle sandwich from them well before I even notice what is going on.

cjh1669 01-31-2011 8:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff_mn (Post 1657593)
LOL @ all of the old, miserable dudes on this thread..

I don't have a pole on my boat, nor will I ever.. But you're kidding yourself if you think that ANYONE who is tied up in "party cove" for 12 hours on a Saturday is "offended" by stripper poles or that anyone who is tied up in "party cove" for those same 12 hours relates a stripper pole on a boat to our wakeboarding sport.. Those people don't know or give a damn what sport we're into..

If people bring their kids to "party cove" - they are ****ty parents.. That's a spot for adults to tie up, drink beer and have a good time..

Get rea you guys. if you don't like it, don't tie up in a cove.. No one is judging wakeboarding as a sport because a dozen wakeboard boats across the country who tie up in a cove have a pole.

I'm 30, married and have a kid. I hope I never become so short sighted. I respect women and my wife and this sport - but by no means do these guys have a great time partying on Saturday refect on the sport.

While I kind of agree with this I don't think there should be any place on the lake you can't take your kids. I'm more of a parent that beleives in teach my kids right from wrong, not hiding reality from them.
There is no adult only places on any lake I've ever been on, nor should there be.
In the end it's up to the indaviduals to act with respect of others, and if they can't then they sadly force the rangers to do it for them. Which sucks becasue it ruins it for the rest of us as well.

wake77 01-31-2011 9:21 AM

To each their own, but...

In ~ two years, the comments about Stripper poles will be similar to the comments on wraps with skulls we hear today.

cjh1669 01-31-2011 9:22 AM

to add to my previous post, if your fun times force me to have to avoid part of the lake, then those fun times are starting to infringe upon my good times. At that point I'd have to say I'd be 100% against the stripper poles. My lake has one cove to get out of th e flow of traffic, if I can't use that cove, because I have to worry about a bunch of drunk idiots I'm damn sure goig to do something about it.

jeff_mn 01-31-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjh1669 (Post 1657607)
to add to my previous post, if your fun times force me to have to avoid part of the lake, then those fun times are starting to infringe upon my good times. At that point I'd have to say I'd be 100% against the stripper poles. My lake has one cove to get out of th e flow of traffic, if I can't use that cove, because I have to worry about a bunch of drunk idiots I'm damn sure goig to do something about it.

And then you are infringing on their right to have good times on the lake..

I agree with your sentiment entirely. But a boat tie up is no place for kids.. If a lake is big and popular enough to have a tie up spot, it's big enough for you to grab another shore to use.

cjh1669 01-31-2011 10:36 AM

What it really comes down to is respect all the way around, and it is a problem for all boaters. I've found most boaters are selfish and only care about themsleves. Be it the guy who tubes the shore and power turns all over, because "he has every right to use the lake how he likes" , but when he's in the cove he's respectful of others and doesn't blast them out with music or force them to worry about drunk idiots. Or the guys on here who preach about what respectful boat drivers they , only to act like pricks when tied off and not respect that others may not want to hear their music or avoid coves to keep from having to worry about the idiot who has had one too many ice luge shots coming out and wiping out their family.

If your fun infrenges on others then you need to grow up, have some respect and tone it down. It's not even about the stripper poles, it's about being adults and understanding the lake is used for all sorts of differents things people enjoy. If people could start understanding that the lake would be more fun for everyone and the rangers wouldn't be on everyones ass. More and more lakes are going dry due to this exact thing. If you can't be responsible for yourself then govt is going to step in and do it for you, and that's the last thing any of us want.

I enjoy a beer or two on the lake, I enjoy partying, I enjoy flat water, and I enjoy being able to take my family out on the lake. I understand the only way I'll get the respect I want to enjoy the lake is to give it to other people as well.

cjh1669 01-31-2011 10:52 AM

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/103528114.html

bcrider 01-31-2011 10:53 AM

This isn't so much to the party thing but more to what Chris said.

The biggest factor that I believe always comes in to play is the fact that not all of these boaters are frequent boaters. I have this arguement all the time with my one buddy cause I call out the idiots on the water. They are probably only doing 10-20 hrs a year compared to all of our 50 hrs and up. A lot of "those" people IMO are on their 2 weeks holiday for the summer and it's the only time the boat really gets used so they have no real clue about power turning, tubing a butter day, jet skiing 20' behind my rider, and so on. They are there for a good time and that's all. Boat launch times can help prove this. Anybody that takes more then 3 minutes to put a boat in or out of the water will be guilty of this in some way or another because it's not something that should take long if you are an avid boater. Again, I think it's just an overall lack of experience on the water. Atleast around where I live anyway.