WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Thoughts on Mastercraft 2011 X25 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788004)

mattjj23 06-04-2011 5:09 PM

Thoughts on Mastercraft 2011 X25

What are everyone's thoughts on the new 2011 Mastercraft X25? How is the wake and how does it compare to other boats of its size?

mhunter 06-04-2011 6:31 PM

Very expensive. Make sure you test drive/ride all brands in the area before you buy . If you can afford a MC you will have no problem buying anything you want. They all make good boats the dealers customer service can make or break the deal.

superair502 06-05-2011 12:15 PM

I rode one in a contest last year and absolutely loved the wake. It was pretty similar to an xstar but was def more lippy. I had never rode one and stood up my entire run and felt like the wake was really easy to get used to. Also the boat only had factory ballast and about eight people so u couldn't really say it was slammed. The interior was amazing too and this is coming from a nautique guy

hco 06-05-2011 12:18 PM

It is the best factory wakeboarding boat made. Stock the wake is perfect, and if you load it up with 10 people, gear, etc... the wake is HUGE. Also has the most storage for its size and has an awesome interior. Anyone who argues different has never had the privilidge of using this boat for an afternoon.

ShawnB 06-05-2011 8:34 PM

I have this boat. Went to the MC factory last fall and test drove/rode behind all of the smaller MC boats (X2, X15, X25, and XStar). The stock wake of the X25 was better than any of those other boats and with the plug-and-play ballast it was nearly perfect.

I like it because with the 2000 pounds of factory ballast (700 hard tanks, 1300 plug-and-play) it throws a huge, clean wake with a very nice lip that kicks me straight up. My kids like it because I can drain all of that ballast and give them a small, clean wake at 18 mph. We just learned how to surf this spring and we're having a blast doing it. Once again, the ballast is completely hidden and fills at the flip of a switch. I thought the rear jump seats were a bit gimmicky at first but we're using them quite a bit when surfing and everyone wants a turn in the "fun seat."

Anyway, to the OP, ask any questions and I'll be glad to answer them.

jdhart73 06-05-2011 9:50 PM

Shawn B I have a question. What kind of cheddar is a person looking at spending to get into a 25? Best case scenario, whats a heck of a deal on one thats got some but not ALL the bells and whistles?

Curious, as I really like this boat.

ShawnB 06-06-2011 3:59 AM

So many factors to consider including what market you're in (for me, northeast US), time of year (we ordered in November), etc. No matter what price I say is a good deal, I'm sure someone paid less and others paid more so it's a touchy subject. MSRP minus 15-18% is about average if you want to work it backwards.

You should be able to find one "nicely equipped" in the neighborhood of 85k without too much trouble though.

bobenglish 06-06-2011 3:47 PM

Our neighbors have a 2011 X25. I have a 2008 X-star. It is is an amazingly roomy boat and has a wake shape somewhere between my X-star and the original X-star (205V hull). The X-25 with stock ballast (800) plus about 500 in people or other ballast is similar in size to my X-star with 2500 lbs of ballast, but steeper and narrower. Great surf wake.

Our neighbors picked up their X-25 with the pro package (tower camera, PnP ballast, etc) with no trailer for around 70K. Expensive, but not really different than the cost of most boats from the top 3.