WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chicago boat show (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796572)

ifinallygota21v 01-06-2013 6:17 AM

Chicago boat show

Looks like the show is going to have a good showing in terms of inboards. Malibu, axis, supra, Moomba, centurion, nautique, mc that I have heard so far. There will be a g25 on display as well. I can't wait to see how big that thing is in person

jfergus7 01-06-2013 7:07 AM

Really hoping that I can make it this year. Planning on Saturday. Who else is going?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ifinallygota21v 01-06-2013 10:04 AM

I'm going Thursday to try and beat some crowds

jfergus7 01-06-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifinallygota21v (Post 1800838)
I'm going Thursday to try and beat some crowds

I was originally hoping to go during the week but after getting engaged last week I need to start saving vacation days.

ifinallygota21v 01-06-2013 10:58 AM

Priorities!

johnny_defacto 01-06-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfergus7 (Post 1800847)
I was originally hoping to go during the week but after getting engaged last week I need to start saving vacation days.

and the end of your life as you knew it begins....:D

jfergus7 01-06-2013 4:17 PM

No kidding. I have two daughters and she has 3 daughters. Gonna have my hands full.

johnny_defacto 01-06-2013 7:32 PM

wow. 6 chicks under one roof. Talk about an estrogen rich environment. Forget the boat show, go to the Gun show and get something that reminds you that you're a man :D

jfergus7 01-07-2013 6:16 AM

I already have those! And with all the boys that are gonna start coming around the next few years I might need them! Sorry about hijacking the thread.

dbdb 01-07-2013 12:42 PM

I am planning on going on Saturday. Does anyone have an discounted tickets?

jfergus7 01-07-2013 2:56 PM

Looking more like I will get to go saturday now so I can snowboard sunday!

dbdb 01-09-2013 11:52 AM

I think I am going to go tonight as well. Is anyone going to be there after 5 tonight?

jfergus7 01-09-2013 5:42 PM

How was the show tonight?

dbdb 01-10-2013 7:58 AM

The show was pretty decent for Chicago. I am always going to to on Wednesday night from now on. I parked two cars away from the door to go in. It was so empty that when I was walking across the bridge from the parking garage, I was half expecting to get to the gate and realize that there was no show. I think this show had more inboard models than any other we've had. I got to sit in and see just about everthing out there. You'd think that with it being 90% salesmen inside they'd be itching to talk to me, but alas, they were not. I met up with MattieK (I think thats his handle here), and he said about the same thing. I think I spent a total of 30 minutes in each of Mastercraft's, Centurion, Malibu, Supra, and Nautique's booth (Most of the time as the only customer) and nobody came over to even say hi. Myself and MattieK talked to the guy at Tige for awhile, and I spent some time at MB talking to the salesman. Its alright though, it gave me plently of time to look at all the nooks and cranny's of all the boats. I didn't take any pictures, but I am going back on Saturday morning with the wife and kids and I will take a few then.

MattieK27 01-10-2013 10:26 AM

It was a good show, but none of the sales people seemed motivated to even say hello. I guess these boats sell themselves? It happened to me, then happened to PLR, so apparently not uncommon. A few thoughts:

I love the G23. Very well thought out, very rider friendly. Man does it look like a whale though.

Nice to finally see an MB in person, I see why people are excited about the brand. They might be a bit simple, but the quality for the money in impressive.

Wake boats accounted for close to 25% of the boats there, that's huge compared to previous years. Nine brands, all with multiple boats.

The thing I still don't get; 96k show price for an X10? Who justifies buying these things???

jfergus7 01-10-2013 10:42 AM

Maybe Ill run into you saturday dbdb. Gonna arrive around 11 saturday. Looking forward to the show after missing it last year.

Nordicron 01-10-2013 3:02 PM

What model MB did they have? From how everyone on here raves about them on this site I'd love to see one in person.

I agree the G boats make everything else look like tiny! The one I looked at was parked beside a Supra 21v which made it look like like a kiddie toy!

MattieK27 01-10-2013 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicron (Post 1801539)
What model MB did they have? From how everyone on here raves about them on this site I'd love to see one in person.

I agree the G boats make everything else look like tiny! The one I looked at was parked beside a Supra 21v which made it look like like a kiddie toy!

Yea, I take a lot of peoples opinions from this site with a grain of salt, but the MBs really are decent boats. They had a 21 Tomcat, 21 or 23 B52 (forget which it was) and the new F24. Smallest wake display, but honestly the most impressive. (When weighing in cost, fit and finish, and of course the attitude issues at most of the other displays)

ifinallygota21v 01-11-2013 5:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1801550)
Yea, I take a lot of peoples opinions from this site with a grain of salt, but the MBs really are decent boats. They had a 21 Tomcat, 21 or 23 B52 (forget which it was) and the new F24. Smallest wake display, but honestly the most impressive. (When weighing in cost, fit and finish, and of course the attitude issues at most of the other displays)

totally agree, small display but the dealership that just took them over used to sell malibu, they are great people to deal with. i talked with them for a while, since my parents bought a malibu from them a while back. nice looking boats, kind of behind in the dash department, IMO

MICAH_HARPER 01-11-2013 6:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifinallygota21v (Post 1801607)
totally agree, small display but the dealership that just took them over used to sell malibu, they are great people to deal with. i talked with them for a while, since my parents bought a malibu from them a while back. nice looking boats, kind of behind in the dash department, IMO

just keeping it simple....and less expensive

MattieK27 01-11-2013 8:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICAH_HARPER (Post 1801611)
just keeping it simple....and less expensive

Do Tige and MB owners get discounts for defending their brands; regardless of how small the knock is?

I gave a favorable review, 21v agreed. Let it go...

MICAH_HARPER 01-11-2013 8:13 AM

yes i get a $500 check every time i say MB.

fullonsalesgrp 01-11-2013 9:45 AM

Be sure to check out the MB Boats booth that is my home shop The Edge, ask for Zach he's my boy from way back!!!
Great shop and even better people !!
Itch
Rick Mahoney

dbdb 01-11-2013 10:13 AM

I was checking out the MB's for awhile. Here is my biggest gripe about them. I coudn't get comfortable behind the wheel of it. I'm about 6'1" and my knees couldn't get under the dash in the tomkat or wb. The 24 worked fine for some reason. Other than a few tiny details around some of the interior gel, they definately seem like the best bang for the buck. There can't be too many 21 foot boats for less money, and they seem well built. When I go to the show on Saturday I will post pics about what I am talking about.

ToPHeR35 01-12-2013 8:04 AM

Going today will let you know how it is when I get back :D

dbdb 01-12-2013 8:10 AM

I'm here, wearing a green polo sweater if anyone wants to say hi

wakebrdjay 01-12-2013 8:10 AM

Pictures Please!!Thank You in advance.

ToPHeR35 01-12-2013 8:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbdb (Post 1801725)
I'm here, wearing a green polo sweater if anyone wants to say hi

Going early to beat the crowds!

jfergus7 01-12-2013 8:48 AM

Im gonna be on my way in a few!!

luke22885 01-12-2013 2:29 PM

Just got home. All around it was an awesome show this year for wakeboards with so many different company's there. Was my first time seeing MB, G23, g25, supra sa, different mxzs, and new star in person and all I can say is wow. I could not afford any of them but if I could it would be a hard choice and would most likely come down to riding behind them. Was really impressed with the MB's other than not a big fan of the dash. Loved the colors of the xstar they had and it looks a lot nicer in person than i thought it did in pictures. They had a really nice x10 and x30 but was turned off by the lowest price being I believe 96k and new star at 140k. G23 and G25 are just huge boats but really liked how they were setup. New supra sa is a really sharp looking boat that I really liked a lot along with a white with silver metal flake 21v I wish I could have taken home since its was a little bit nicer than my 05 haha. The new mxz line of malibus were my favorite malibus and the tige z3wqs a very sharp boat as well. All in all other than seeing crazy prices on these new boats I would take any of them and like every year now I want to get back o riding ASAP. I didn't take any pics but if anyone has any questions about any of the boats I can try to answer them

jfergus7 01-12-2013 8:58 PM

Had a great time. Still like the Malibus the best but loved seeing all the inboards. Here are a few of the inboard pics I took!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/a6e6ezu8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/gyqujesy.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/ady2y2up.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/ube2ynez.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/ezaperyt.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/13/uda6a2y3.jpg

jfergus7 01-13-2013 6:44 AM

The one thing I did see at the show that I almost bought and still might is a 2013 Ronix One- Atr Edition signed by Danny Harf. Great looking board. Might end up being my new board for this season!

ripr 01-14-2013 9:59 AM

Glad everyone enjoyed the show!

I'm sorry that some of you felt that you weren't given a proper amount of attention on Wednesday. I know that there was a very tight move in schedule due to the amount of rigging, etc that takes place. I'm just wondering if most booths were still dealing with set up glitches the first day of the show. I didn't come into town until Thursday, and there were still alot of software and IT related issues that some were working through. However, it's still important for booth staff to greet attendees. Our booth was well staffed, but I know we still couldn't get to everyone during peak hours on Saturday and Sunday.

Either way, from the other side of the aisle, this show is starting to feel alot more like the good days of 2003-2008. Consumers made smart purchasing decisions, the show looked incredible and the place was packed.

dbdb 01-14-2013 11:56 AM

When I was there, most of the salesmen were sitting around a table bs'ing. I really didn't care though, it gave me more uninterrupted time to dig around. I did stop by Nautique and ask what they were looking for on a Sport Nautique (just for kicks / 76g's). I asked him why it was so much money. You'd think they would see this question as an opportunity. "Hey, I know its a lot of money, but why don't you come over here and let me show you why and go through it with you," instead, he just shrugged his shoulders and kinda half waked away.

ripr 01-14-2013 1:13 PM

PLR- Did you catch the name of the booth person or describe to me what he looked like?

DatTexasBoy 01-14-2013 2:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattieK27 (Post 1801626)
Do Tige and MB owners get discounts for defending their brands; regardless of how small the knock is?

I gave a favorable review, 21v agreed. Let it go...

I am an MB owner and I totally agree with you on the dash. It could be a litle better, but coming from an Axis it's a nice upgrade. Glad you like the boat. You really should ride behind one if you get the chance, they are really solid in the water.

ripr 01-15-2013 6:56 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Overview of the show. Boats for days!

dbdb 01-15-2013 8:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripr (Post 1802022)
PLR- Did you catch the name of the booth person or describe to me what he looked like?

I honestly don't remember. It was on my way out, and I think at that point, I was at sensory overload. Sorry I can't help.

stepintoliquid 01-15-2013 9:16 AM

Sorry if anybody felt like they didn't get the attention they deserved at the show! Wednesday we were definitely still trying to get the booth up and running. Overall we had a great show and feel like 2013 is going to be a great season. If anybody still needs anything on the Malibu side of things feel free to hit me up. We are having an open house this weekend and were able to get the boat show incentives extended through this weekend.

Kevin Denbroeder
Munson Ski and Marine

jfergus7 01-16-2013 2:46 PM

Im still 35200 pizza deliveries away from my Wake Setter Kevin so this extended sale wont help me. I will stop in to see you friday to pick up that snowboard helmet though!.

xstarrider 01-16-2013 7:26 PM

So anyone know who the dealers were for the MB's and the Centurion's?

Couldn't make it this year due to both my daughter's hockey tournaments.

jfergus7 01-16-2013 7:30 PM

I think I grabbed cards from both of them. I will check tomorrow and let you know. Pretty sure Centurion was Gages up in Delavan Wi and I think MB was out of Michigan.

xstarrider 01-16-2013 7:32 PM

Thanks

Thought maybe I missed something and they became local again.

luke22885 01-17-2013 7:15 AM

I talked to a guy at MB and the dealer was The Edge from Michigan I believe. I guess they used to sell Malibus and just started with MB last June.

stepintoliquid 01-17-2013 10:00 AM

Mike (Luke22885) is dead on. The MB dealer is the Edge out of Michigan. Really really good guys. I was very impressed with what I saw out of MB. And it was definitely cool to talk to Mike Brendella himself.

Jim, keep up with those pizza's man. I have a Malibu waiting for you. haha

edgeski1 01-21-2013 7:30 AM

thanks kevin! Always fun hanging with the Munson boys. Next year, if we get put next to that pool, I say we get together and pop all those inflatable ORB things.

On another note. Great show! Cool to see a ton of the inboard brands represented. It's going to be a good year!

-Zach @ The Edge