WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   DieCut Stickers (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787322)

wakeboard_pittsburgh 05-03-2011 11:10 AM

DieCut Stickers

Do any of you out there know any good places to get DieCut stickers made?

Also, do any of you know any good fonts for DieCut Stickers?

I am looking to rebrand the website with a new logo and new diecut stickers. It will probably be in all caps with the W & P in a bigger font size - WAKEBOARDPITTSBURGH.COM - I am just having trouble finding a good font and a good place to make diecuts.

Thanks for the help.
Kyle

lzyboy 05-03-2011 11:42 AM

Hit me up, I have a couple buddies in the industry, we can print whatever you need.

dafont.com
1001fonts.com

do a search out there, a ton of free fonts - shoot me an message

juniorhawk 05-03-2011 5:40 PM

Fonts are reaaaaaaaaly a personal decision.

StickerCutting.com is who I used for wakeboarder.com, wakeboardreport.com and the2001.com at different points. Very reasonable gang there, and they have DEFINITELY done some tracing art that I am completely not capable of doing. That's why the run of 100 The2001.com stickers came out so damn awesome.

I highly recommend them.

As for the fonts, I have opinions... I am a designer. What are we doing here.
Deets? Maybe I can help after all. It's the kind of fella I am.

ottog1979 05-03-2011 6:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK, but what about a design from a picture? Can this be done relatively inexpensively? I bought the sticker material thinking I could figure out how to do this myself but in the end, it was getting too complicated.

I want to make stickers like the attached picture for my old slalom ski that I had refinished like new. They couldn't keep the painted logo on it.

colorider 05-03-2011 9:09 PM

I have a vinyl cutter / plotter at home. I can do that sticker for the ski really easily as long as you can get me a better pic. By better, It just needs to be centered so it does not distort the aspect ratio. That happens when taken at even a slight side angle. Also, the less glare the better. The computer program has to pick out the lettering from the background,and the cleaner the better it does it. Tracing is an option for me, but takes a lot more time.
I do this as a hobby to make a few extra bucks. I do window signs and some company logo stickers .
I use Signlab for the program and have a Graphtec cutter. Not a soccer mom setup. The hardest part is getting the picture into the vector format and having it come out good. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to tweak it right, sometimes it takes an hour.. Im willing to give it a shot for ya.. Also let me know the dimentions. You can email me the photos and I will tinker, cut, and send you an up close pic of the product. Then you can decide what you want to do..

sinkoumn 05-03-2011 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For fonts, use Dafont; and if you need vector files they are cake - I made this one in about 3 minutes, 10 minutes and it would be pretty spot on and as smooth as you need it (point being, don't go paying a bunch to have someone make you stickers because "vectoring all these pictures takes time")