WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through February 04, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211794)
-   -   Parks' Board (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207768)

jaytopher 01-20-2005 9:51 AM

How do I find the exact specs of Parks' new board, including the depth of the channels?

solo 01-20-2005 11:35 AM

From The Hyperlite site <BR> <BR>A series that two years ago brought up the question – Can you handle it? *Now comes with a bigger sweet spot, more universal edge hold and our most explosive rocker line to date. * <BR> <BR>While Parks cruised to his 5th Pro Tour title, and was voted the “Best Wakeboarder” by Wakeboard Magazine he managed to find time to overhaul a series that pushes a rider’s limits. *Two seasons ago we created a new style of high-end boards combining an explosive rocker line with the speed and edge hold of your favorite carver. *A series that has our exclusive 11 degree angled fins initiating a mellow turn that ends hard as a rider sets down for the distinct locked down feel. *A strong edge hold, without a tight feel can be said in one sentence. <BR> <BR>Parks says: <BR>“The changes I made for this year cover the spectrum saying “more stable” and “aggressive” at the same time. *My new board stands higher up the wake for a better boot and has a bigger sweet spot on landings because of its wider profile. *Then Hyperlite put in a deep, full-length step down rail so my board still sits plenty deep in the water for the bite I was looking for out of a turn. *We also added a contoured center top deck for a quicker and more stable heel/toe response and a thinner tip/tail for more flex with nose/tail grinds on rails. *My old shape had a small flat spot in the sidecut. *I changed to a continuous sidecut on my new pro model. *I feel like this gave my board a more flowing edge transfer. *Don’t worry, this series is still up to the demands of any rider out there. *Oh yeah, each of my decks is serial numbered and a couple of boards are going to become an invitation to hang out with me and ride at my house for a couple of days.” <BR> <BR>Parks Features <BR> <BR>2.5”/2.6”/2.7”/2.8” Abrupt 3-Stage Rocker – our most explosive rocker line to date. (Rocker variance reflects 132cm/136cm/140cm/144cm) <BR> <BR>Deep Full-Length Step Down Rail – exaggerates a powerful style of riding. <BR> <BR>New continuous sidecut – a more predictable edge transfer. <BR> <BR>Full Tip/Tail Profile – squared ends and a wider profile position the board higher up the wake and make a bigger sweet spot on landings. <BR> <BR>Deep Center Beam – the benefit of 3-stage airtime with additional cushioning on landings. <BR> <BR>Recessed Deck – rail-to-rail response. <BR> <BR>11 Degree Angled Fins – a subtle transition with the most locked down edgehold once on rail. <BR> <BR>Four 1.1” A-Wing Machined Aluminum Fins – designed for a quick reaction time and a stronger overall edge hold. <BR> <BR>(Message edited by solo on January 20, 2005)