WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Minnesota This is OUR WEEK! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778052)

andy_nintzel 03-30-2010 7:09 AM

Minnesota This is OUR WEEK!

Its Offical 70 out today 77 tomorrow. I just took a good drive around town and was getting my boat from storage. Bald Eagle will be Ice free today, Owasoe is Open, WBL is going today or tomorrow, Forest Lake is Open.

HOT DAMN ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! I am putting my dock in Saturday and dropping the boat in Sunday. So I will be set to ride by Sunday evening if any body wants to rock IM me. I know its Easter but Baby Jesus would want your to shred!

garveyj 03-30-2010 8:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1567506)
Its Offical 70 out today 77 tomorrow. I just took a good drive around town and was getting my boat from storage. Bald Eagle will be Ice free today, Owasoe is Open, WBL is going today or tomorrow, Forest Lake is Open.

HOT DAMN ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! I am putting my dock in Saturday and dropping the boat in Sunday. So I will be set to ride by Sunday evening if any body wants to rock IM me. I know its Easter but Baby Jesus would want your to shred!

hahaha - too funny.

I would come ride with you but in comparison to your riding I am pretty bad - I would love to see you out on the lake and do some photos of you sometime though!

sidekicknicholas 03-30-2010 8:45 AM

My brother was out yesterday in Wisconsin.... and all things he did on on the water, he surfed.... kids these days, I tell.

I plan on getting out when I go home for Easter. Our boat is in and ready to go

jeff_mn 03-30-2010 9:45 AM

I've got about 4500 of ballast loaded up in my back left corner and a boat full of Bros ready to surf the **** out of all of those lakes in the North Metro.. We'll be power turning and surfing in circles all summer..

Can't wait!

I'll be picking up my boat this Saturday morning.

beretta5spd 03-30-2010 9:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_nintzel (Post 1567506)

lol easter celebrates Jesus death, burial, and resurrection and Christmas celebrates him coming as a baby silly.........

I'm pretty sure Jesus wants everyone to shred...after all he walked on the water!

andy_nintzel 03-30-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garveyj (Post 1567544)
hahaha - too funny.

I would come ride with you but in comparison to your riding I am pretty bad - I would love to see you out on the lake and do some photos of you sometime though!

Its not about ability in my boat its about stoke! You can come shred any time and shoot pics whenever!

jeff_mn 03-30-2010 10:58 AM

High Stoke, Low Talent Crew, Signing In!

sidekicknicholas 03-30-2010 11:12 AM

+1 here

I hate hate hate our school's boat, its much more fun for me to drive across the boarder and find a pull.... if you're ever looking for more keep me in mind!

benbuchholz 03-30-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garveyj (Post 1567544)
hahaha - too funny.

+1 to this. i mean unless a bunch of my "stinkbug" grabs and attempted backrolls are somethin you like to watch, hahah. Little more skill behind a camera, hit me up Andy if u ever need another lens in the boat!

andy_nintzel 03-30-2010 12:13 PM

Ben I alway need another lens in the BOAT, and I LOVE STINKBUGS!

richmondrider 03-30-2010 12:45 PM

Dock got put in last night. Boat is comming out of storage tomorrow! I was three days off on my prediction for the 27th :(

garveyj 03-30-2010 12:55 PM

Thanks Andy - I may take you up on that someday - if nothing else just to take pictures.

My riding consists of wake to wake jumps and an occasional 180 thrown in for fun. Just love to be out on the boat more than anything.

cwkoch 03-30-2010 1:11 PM

Does anyone know if there's any lakes open in the west metro? I'm picking up my new boat tomorrow at Minnesota Inboard, and would love to get out and start breaking that engine in!

snowslider76 03-30-2010 1:31 PM

Garvey if you want pictures of 10's you know where to find me:D

Thinking of hauling the boat to work tomorrow and trying to get out if anybody wants to go.

jeff_mn 03-30-2010 1:40 PM

10's? I think Garvey was talking about 1080 spins, not 10" biceps.

snowslider76 03-30-2010 1:42 PM

9 minutes that took longer then I thought;)

jeff_mn 03-30-2010 2:00 PM

1 minute slower than I expected

tuneman 03-30-2010 2:01 PM

Charlie, maybe Long Lake (Jay could verify). Whale Tail is likely open. Auburn might be open by now. Bavaria is super close and may be now. John will find out as soon as he gets home. You can swing by Christmas when you pick up your boat.

Are you stopping by tomorrow? Can't wait to see the new ride!

ethan31 03-30-2010 6:24 PM

You southern mn people are so lucky.
I was just walking on the ice today. We have another week or so to go up here.
cant wait!!

wakesurf12 03-30-2010 7:22 PM

HAHA! This week!?! We have already been winchin'

Andy, I am gone this week. When I get back it's on!!!!!

ironj32 03-31-2010 4:17 AM

just 6 more hours (countdown starts at 6:15am).....

cwkoch 03-31-2010 10:28 AM

Chad- My plan is to pick it up around 3:30. Once I'm done with paperwork, I'll be looking for an open lake to go put a couple of break-in hours on it. Yes, I was still hoping to stop by. You could also go ride around a lake a bit if you want.

jeff_mn 03-31-2010 10:34 AM

Fish Lake is open in Maple Grove. Good break in lake. Easy launch/ramp with no traffic.

tuneman 03-31-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwkoch (Post 1568027)
Chad- My plan is to pick it up around 3:30. Once I'm done with paperwork, I'll be looking for an open lake to go put a couple of break-in hours on it. Yes, I was still hoping to stop by. You could also go ride around a lake a bit if you want.

Sounds good to me! I'll give you a call.:)

Jay, what pond are you going out on?

cwkoch 03-31-2010 11:47 AM

Yeah, I heard about Fish..... I'm thinking that's probably where I'm going to end up. If you see a black and red Malibu VTX out there, that's me!

IIPnutII 03-31-2010 11:58 AM

Long Lake in New Brighton is open.

jeff_mn 03-31-2010 12:38 PM

Congrats on the new rig Charlie!

With all of this MN love this winter - we need to get a Saturday afternoon meet with everyone and just throw back some beers somewhere on the water.

flydenrict 04-01-2010 12:25 AM

Andy are you putting in SPV this weekend or do you ride somewhere else now? In a few weeks when all you need is a full, I'll be down im not a big drysuit fan. let me know how it goes

tuneman 04-01-2010 6:01 AM

BIG NEWS!! BIG NEWS!!

> Rebecca, Jay's main squeeze, is officially the first wakeboarder to be pulled this season. Fish lake was the spot yesterday.

> Charlie's new VTX is SWEEEEET! Enjoy it, man!

> Rob Mueller has taken the reigns and will be pulling together 2 INT events at Trophy Lakes in New Germany this season. Wakeboarding and slalom.

Man, I love this sport!:D