WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   1up bike rack - thumbs up (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794288)

pesos 07-04-2012 1:58 PM

1up bike rack - thumbs up

10 Attachment(s)
Got an "ecohitch" put on the prius c and today got around to trying out the new bike rack from 1up. Modular design so easy for the gf to handle/carry if just going out solo. Not a cheap rack but the quality and thought that went into the design is great. Way better than the Thule 917 I had previously.

magic 07-04-2012 2:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That looks really nice and functional. I debated back and forth on a wide range of racks. We have two cars and both do not have receivers, easy enough to self install a receiver but then add in a nice rack and I could get an other bike. Went with Seasucker vacuum rack. Works really well. We did a 1,500 mile road trip with two bikes on top of my wife's car. None of the cups needed any additional vacuum.

mendo247 07-04-2012 6:06 PM

That looks really nice. We went with a Thule T2. We're on sale and couldn'tt really pass up the price. That looks like a really nice rack though.

peter_c 07-05-2012 11:14 PM

A Prius? And it is not black? :P Is that a 2" receiver, as it is hard to tell?

I still have my Thule T2 that has been holding up okay over the years, although usually I just throw my bike in the back. Wish I could say the same for my high mileage Prius, as it also has a lot of miles towing our boat.

pesos 07-05-2012 11:46 PM

Peter!!! Yes no more black cars for me. And it is a 2". Kind of pricey - the Curt hitch is a lot cheaper but 1.25" only.

grant_west 10-03-2012 10:46 AM

Sean Please SHOW the BMC that was mounted on the roof and didn't duck when your wife drove your car into the garage
Wes: Thats a cool set up.

magic 10-04-2012 9:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1787488)
Sean Please SHOW the BMC that was mounted on the roof and didn't duck when your wife drove your car into the garage
Wes: Thats a cool set up.

killing me...

really killing me as that pics reminds me, the two bikes on there + my wife's Tri bike where stolen out of our qarage a little while back. Both my Tri and Track bike had race wheels on them too.... we're talking $15K worth of bikes out the door. Police found my wife's bike 1/2 mile from our house in the local woods. My bikes are gone... :mad: I had my fit dialed on the track bike and was really enjoying racing this season, now I just want to shoot someone.

Broke BMC as requested, vacumming the carbon fiber dust out of the car (came in thru the sun roof) really was icing on the bummer cake that day. :banghead:

shawndoggy 10-04-2012 9:24 AM

how does the prius do at freeway speeds with the bikes?

I had an oldschool hitch rack on the back of my wrx that you had to take the front wheel off for (basically fork mount trays permanently mounted sideways) and it was great and allowed access to the hatch with bikes mounted.

polarbill 10-04-2012 9:55 AM

Damn Sean, that sucks. Have you checked out velobuild.com at all. I think deng fu or one of the other chinese factories is making a copy or similar bike to that BMC. It is a cool website. they have added a online shopping mall and have frames from a bunch of different chinese carbon factories.

magic 10-04-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1787730)
Damn Sean, that sucks. Have you checked out velobuild.com at all. I think deng fu or one of the other chinese factories is making a copy or similar bike to that BMC. It is a cool website. they have added a online shopping mall and have frames from a bunch of different chinese carbon factories.

I replaced that BMC with a Jamis Xeinth SL that I really like. Not as sexy as the BMC but rides and fits better. The BMC incident was a few years back. Right now I'm working with Mr. Crampy's on replacing the stolen Tri and Track bikes. Might be getting into a pair of Argon 18 bikes. We'll see how it works out. I have a budet to work with and making things fit under that is tough. It's cheaper to piece bikes together with used parts and screaming deals here and there. Buying them complete with nice wheels is $$$ for sure.