WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   2009 Centurion Enzo SV230 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791409)

polarbill 01-11-2012 7:58 AM

2009 Centurion Enzo SV230

Hey guys, my buddy is looking at the above mentioned boat and I am going to go with him. Anything in particular we should check on the boat? Any known problems? From what I can tell the boat has a sport boat trailer, evolution tower with SS/chrome front legs(I know these towers have been problems for some, anything in particular to check), side swipe, enzo sack on port side, stock starboard ballast(not sure if the boat just came with the mid ship ballast or had the rears or front), I am guessing PP, black scorpion, etc...

Here is a pic of the boat
http://www.northwestwatersports.com/...P2483358_1.jpg

liljohn 01-11-2012 8:06 AM

Bill, If thats the same boat I am thinking of take a long look at the interior. that boat has only been owned for one season. I looked at it a while ago when it was a new leftover. It was brought up from utah and when it showed up it was in really ruff shape. the guys down in utah had clearly let it sit outside for the winter uncovered. If the price is right it is a nice boat but it has been on the lot most of its life.

polarbill 01-11-2012 8:31 AM

That John, will do. I suppose that means Centurion should honor the warranty from time of purchase if anything goes wrong, right? Anybody have the idea of how long Centurion's warranties were in 2009?

you_da_man 01-11-2012 9:06 AM

I would check to make sure Centurion will honor their warranty if that's a new leftover that's been outside most of it's life since 2009. Case in point, there was an new Epic at a dealer near me and the boat was "new" from 2007 or 2008 and it sat outside the entire time (I drove by the dealer almost daily) and no one would buy it for one, all the UV and weather damage and two, Epic voided the warranty. The boat evetualky sold "as is" this past summer of 2011 with a disgusting interior and complete stereo system not working with dry rotted speakers. In addition, this same dealer also had two Centurions new 2007 still sitting outside until sold off "as is" in 2011 but I don't know the warranty story on those two boats. I knew the story about Epic because I called Epic myself on that boat for a friend who was looking at it.

dlamont 01-11-2012 2:43 PM

Brett, just sent you an email on the boat.

dougr 01-11-2012 3:47 PM

i just traded my 09 sv23 for a new 244, my boat was great, no problems killler surf wake. What are they asking?

lakesurfer 01-11-2012 10:09 PM

With that tower and merc engine combo, that boat may technically be a 2009, but it was built in 2008. Centurion went to the PCM engine, Gladiator tower and upgraded interior for most boats actually built in 2009. My main reason for bringing this up is price, ie that boat should be priced like a 2008 model. The 2009 models with the PCM/Gladiator tower/ upgraded interior are much nicer boats. I am not saying that wont be a great boat, my 08 Avy was fantastic and have been on a few 08 Enzos.

Also, i never had a problem with my Evo tower. But if you do, the company is out of business so they are basically impossible to fix. Also, the Evo tower is only a 6ft tower, so most tall people do not like it.

dougr 01-12-2012 7:10 AM

my 09 had the merc, but the 09 interior, i also had the gladiator tower. give us some more info on the boat and we will help research it good luck

lakesurfer 01-12-2012 7:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougr (Post 1725467)
my 09 had the merc, but the 09 interior, i also had the gladiator tower. give us some more info on the boat and we will help research it good luck

Doug: you are correct, there are a few like your boat. But the boat above is not one of those. All of the boats with the upgraded interior had Gladiator towers.

polarbill 01-12-2012 9:40 AM

The price is right around 50k which after looking at onlyinboards and nada is a pretty good price for that boat. Maybe not a great deal but pretty good.

dougr 01-12-2012 10:11 AM

my boat is at the navigation company in coneaut lake pa. its probably around the same money and is in perfect condition. look at there website and talk to mike the owner he will take care of you. good luck

dougr 01-12-2012 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a pic

polarbill 01-12-2012 10:21 AM

I saw yours on onlyinboards. REally nice looking boat. Too bad it is on the complete wrong side of the country.

alans 01-12-2012 11:18 AM

I have a new 2011 with a ZR 409 a little over $60k. It has never seen daylight except for a few demos. I am no longer selling Centurions and would love to give a Wakeworld friend a good deal.

polarbill 01-12-2012 11:35 AM

Here is the link to the boat. I can't tell a bunch but it has side swipe. After hearing a couple of you guys this must be an early 09 and was probably delivered to the dealer in the summer of 08.

http://www.northwestwatersports.com/...25&pov=2483358

Darren also has a 2010 230 leftover that is loaded for not much more. My buddy doesn't want to spend more then 50k but we will see if Darren and my buddy can make a deal.

lakesurfer 01-12-2012 1:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbill (Post 1725501)
The price is right around 50k which after looking at onlyinboards and nada is a pretty good price for that boat. Maybe not a great deal but pretty good.

That is not a great price for that boat. I would rather have a 2008 Enzo 240 with a switchblade for $41K

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...2008-enzo-240/ or

2010 Enzo 230 (which I would think you could get for very close to $50K)

http://www.texasmastercraft.com/vehi...96.cfml#ar_top

Just as an FYI: I dont believe Northwest Watersports will be a Centurion dealer any longer.

dlamont 01-12-2012 3:23 PM

jkw, you are right we dropped the Centurion line last summer. We decided to concentrate our efforts on selling Mastercrafts. Having multiple brands is tough no matter which ones they are. Hopefully we can make a deal happen with Brett's friend.

polarbill 01-12-2012 3:25 PM

That Texas one is nice but it is in Texas. The 240 is in Ohio. I don't think he is interested in looking at boats that are 2000 miles away. Maybe Cali would be as far as he would go for an insane deal.

I do know that NW watersports isn't going to be a Centurion dealer but thanks for the heads up.

I will let him know that isnt' a great price on the 2009.

I am trying to convince him to look at MBs that are at the local MB dealer but they are probably mid 50's for new 2011 23TWBs and he really wants to stick at 50k or less. I don't think have the perfect wake is a huge priority for him. He wants something that he can take the family and friends out in and surf, wakeboard or tueb behind. I am not sure he has ever wakeboarded or surfed before.

lakesurfer 01-12-2012 5:38 PM

Brett: he thinks he can fit into a 22ft boat, my Avy had an awesome surf wave and a very good wakeboard wake. Our family had a great time on it for 3 summers. We were generally out each weekend with 4 adults and 4 little kids. I just sold my Avy and picked up a new boat this year because I wanted a little more room but really did not have any complaints.