WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Totally Awsome cleaner (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783443)

you_da_man 09-08-2010 5:12 PM

Totally Awsome cleaner

For those who are using this product, are you deluting per the instructions or just spray out of the bottle.

calipackfan 09-08-2010 6:00 PM

I usually cut it 50/50, but for tough stains, just go straight with it. be sure so put a protectant afterwards. I can't remember who brought this stuff on wake world, but THANK YOU. It's hard to get malco, and like 15 bucks a bottle and excuisite works well, but can be pricey with shipping too. this stuff is amazing.

dudeman 09-08-2010 6:12 PM

I use Awesome on almost everything. It's amazing stuff. It works especially well on car tires and wheels. You can see the grime roll off the tires even before scrubbing them. I bought a gallon of Malco for the boat and it too does a great job. I think Awesome and Malco are slightly different products though. Awesome is pretty harsh stuff. I was cleaning all the vehicles this past weekend and after 2 cars, I ran out of Awesome. I did have the Malco though and sprayed the wheels and tires. It did do a decent job, but did not dissolve the grime like Awesome did. I've never cleaned upholstery with Awesome. It just seemed a little too caustic to take the chance. My .02.

DealsGapCobra 09-08-2010 7:37 PM

I picked some up yesterday but have yet to try it. I was wondering about diluting also.

calipackfan 09-08-2010 7:44 PM

it says 10-1 for boat upholstry, if you're worried try that and bump it up if you need to. it seems to be good stuff, and has not hurt my interior at all, for the tough stains, i'd go straight or 50-50. For the price and availability, it's pretty hard to beat.

you_da_man 09-08-2010 8:12 PM

On a side note, I live in a military town area where custom wheels are on everything and this product is used by alot of people and does better than anything at the auto parts store

09-08-2010 9:20 PM

http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/htm...Degreaser.html

is that what ya'll are talking about? no bleach is good.

dudeman 09-09-2010 2:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo (Post 1631256)
http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/htm...Degreaser.html

is that what ya'll are talking about? no bleach is good.

That's the stuff. If my eyes were better, I could have read the bottle. ;)

nauty 09-09-2010 7:37 AM

At the advice of Diggs I used it full strength. However, I did first spray down my cushions with the water hose first, so the cushions were somewhat wet before applying the TA.. This stuff worked wonders! My boat is 6 years old and the upholstery has a few tears here and there anyway, so I wasn't too worried about screwing it up with this stuff. I was totally surprised with the results. The whites are now showroom white. The interior of my boat literally looks brand new.

After spraying on TA at full strength I scrubbed the upholstery with a brush and then immediately rinsed with the hose. After drying, the vinyl is lefty with a super soft feel to it, like it was brand new. Even several days later it still has that just conditioned soft feel. I will definitely be using this stuff from now on.

stang_killa_ss 09-09-2010 9:08 AM

AJ where did you buy yours?

twelve02 09-09-2010 9:47 AM

You can get get it at 99 cent stores, that's right, 99 cents for a full spray bottle of it. I use mine 50/50 diluted. It cuts through crime super easy.

you_da_man 09-09-2010 9:52 AM

Dollar General, near the household cleaning stuff.

Jeff 09-11-2010 3:46 PM

Grabbed 2 bottles of this at Family Dollar today. $1 each for 20 oz. They had 32 oz jugs (non sprayer type) too for $3.20 or something like that but it worked out to 1 cent less per ounce so I opted to just get 2 of the spray bottles. We'll see how it does against a spot where I got ATF on the carpet.

09-11-2010 4:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The stuff works really well in combination with a brush.

Jeff 09-11-2010 6:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff (Post 1632155)
Grabbed 2 bottles of this at Family Dollar today. $1 each for 20 oz. They had 32 oz jugs (non sprayer type) too for $3.20 or something like that but it worked out to 1 cent less per ounce so I opted to just get 2 of the spray bottles. We'll see how it does against a spot where I got ATF on the carpet.

I cleaned the ATF spot and so far the results look pretty good but I'll have to wait until everything dries to see the final results. Before it really just looked like a permanently wet spot.

I had a couple of grease stains on the hull that hadn't come out after 2 normal washes with normal soap. Totally Awesome took it right off but I really hadn't tried anything else on it.

hunter660 09-11-2010 6:23 PM

Just bought 2 bottles tonight.

dukeno1 09-11-2010 9:14 PM

I picked up the 32oz at Dollar Tree for....you guessed it....1$ !

you_da_man 09-12-2010 3:27 AM

^^^ Oops, somebody messed up that price...should have been $3.00 (you got away with $2).

dukeno1 09-12-2010 7:38 AM

^^^^
I don't know...the sign on the door says everything for $1. I always want to keep going up to the front and ask the cashier, how much for this...how much for this....just to aggravate 'em! Ha Ha
(used to work in a grocery store in high school and remember how annoying customers can be so I would never really do it)

Jeff 09-12-2010 5:06 PM

ATF stain on carpet gone! Totally Awesome!

Used it straight up but wet the area as I was working and then rinsed thoroughly when done and used the shop vac to extract the water.

I thought it was just going to be a permanent fixture on my boat until I changed the carpet. I had tried dish soap, laundry soap and diluted Simple Green. Nothing removed it.

BTW my wife really likes Dollar Tree because they tend to stick closely to the "everything's a dollar" slogan more than the other two. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they did have the 32 oz for $1. Family Dollar was more convenient when I bought mine but next time I'll check Dollar Tree.

littletna 09-12-2010 7:49 PM

It looks like Excuisite has some competition!!!

dukeno1 09-12-2010 7:55 PM

I have used the exquisite and liked it but a good cleaner like this for a buck is hard to beat!

littletna 09-12-2010 7:57 PM

I agree as long as it doesn't hurt the vinyl or ruin the stiching then go for it! Wow, $1.00?

09-12-2010 8:53 PM

use it once and get the vinyl really clean. condition with 303, then just use regular marine vinyl cleaner and 303 to keep it nice so you don't have to use anything else.

tyler97217 09-13-2010 7:20 AM

We have been using it for a few years now and never any damage to vinyl or stiching. It will leave streaking on the gel coat if you over spray it, but you can wipe that up.
I use the stuff straight up. I then would wash down the seats or condition them.

Works awesome and yes the $1 store is the place to get it.

dukeno1 09-13-2010 7:30 AM

I just remembered that a door to door salesman came by about 6 or 7 years ago selling this "miracle" cleaning product. He went on and on about how great it was and even wanted me to let him demonstrate the product on any tough cleaning chores I might have around the house. Well, I was having a weak
moment and just wanted the guy to leave so I bought a bottle...for 10$. I just realized after picking up some of the Totally Awesome cleaner the other day that the bottle looked awfully familiar. I dug around under my sink and found the stuff the salesman sold me all those years ago.....yep same stuff, except back then it was just called Awesome concentrated cleaner. This guy sold me some 99 cent cleaner for 10$ ! That guy is probably living on the lake now if he
happened to find a few more suckers like me! :)