WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through September 22, 2008 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=630180)
-   -   08 Watson plates aren't fitting on 08 Recoil... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625866)

ilovelake 09-13-2008 9:29 AM

Even though the board is an 08 and so has the single-line binding holes for non-slingshot bindings, i can't for the life of me get my brand new 08 watsons mounted. It seems the holes on the base plates are about 1/8th inch too close together (or the holes on the board are too far apart maybe), and i just cant get two screws in on one of these things. I've tried both the LF toggle thumb screws and traditional phillips screws and I just don't think it's gonna work. Anybody else run into this problem? Is this a known issue and I was just an idiot for trying to do it? Is it possible that I screwed the base plate onto the binding too tight and maybe the plate is curving now? Am I just not trying hard enough? This is killing me, I just got brand new board and bindings and I can't even screw the damn things together, somebody please give me some answers!

robertr720 09-13-2008 9:42 AM

Yeah if you have the 08 boots you need to look at the plate on the bottom and see if you have them set up to fit the 6 or 8 inch pattern. The new Lf boards have a little bit different hole pattern so that you can now have a wider stance. If you look at the plate one side will be sticking out noticably farther than the other side. I can't remember which side needs to be facing the outside to make them the traditional setting but it should say on the plate. Try that and see if it works.

ilovelake 09-13-2008 9:46 AM

Yeah but the total distance between the holes is still the same regardless of the plate's orientation to the boot itself, and it looks to me like the holes on the plates are just a little too close together. Unless your saying that the plates can somehow be made wider?

liveoz 09-13-2008 10:24 AM

I've been told '08 watsons and slingshots do not mix at a slingshot demo day.

wakerider111 09-13-2008 10:49 AM

i think i remember hearing about someone drilling the holes a little wider on their boots... i do not know if they were watsons though

eubanks01 09-13-2008 12:54 PM

Yep, the Liquid Force base plates are narrower. This is really stupid IMO and actually kept me from buying a pair to go with my CWB board.

gene3x 09-13-2008 4:06 PM

I stayed away from the watson's also for this reason. Went with the Obrien Xenon's and am much more satisfied.

xstarrider 09-13-2008 8:50 PM

Reed, The plates have same distaance , but when you orient them a different way the hole pattern changes. <BR> <BR>With the 08 Shanes the plate wouldn't allow me to get to the front hole until I swapped it around then it worked no problem on my Gator Prospect

kana12 09-14-2008 12:28 AM

will the watsons fit on the ronix ibex ? or ima be screwed in a few days !!

ilovelake 09-14-2008 8:33 AM

Ok so I am just an idiot and I finally got them to fit by turning the plates at an angle so now instead of putting the screws through the middle hole on each side of the plate they go through the top hole on one side and the bottom on the other, which effectively spaced them out just a little more. Now I just need to find a pull...