WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Moomba (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=808708)

mark197 07-19-2018 3:04 PM

New Moomba
 
Wow they have really stepped up their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2X8UwSyjE

rdlangston13 07-19-2018 3:22 PM

Home run with this boat. I wonder what the MSRP is on the one in all the pictures though. How well optioned is that sucker or is a lot of that standard?

dakota4ce 07-19-2018 8:30 PM

Supposedly well equipped gets to 100 even or so-

bass10after 07-19-2018 10:47 PM

First moomba in the history of moomba i'd consider buying.. I like this boat a lot from the limited media ive seen. Size is right. I'd like less of that 24'5" wasted on the tip of the bow but interior doesn't look to suffer much at all. I'd like to see it next to a t23 and which has a bigger seat behind the driver, they look similar despite the moomba being a foot longer. Aside from the nose that i'm not the biggest fan of (prefer traditional) id say it beats the axis in every other aspect

tyler97217 07-19-2018 11:10 PM

Wow super sexy!!! Nice work.

BrettLee3232 07-21-2018 12:47 AM

I want this boat!!!!

Fixable 07-21-2018 8:54 AM

Looks like a homerun on overall design for a Moomba.......... but aren’t Moomba’s supposed to be for the budget minded consumer?

Needed a new wakeboard rope this morning, and stopped at the local Supra/Moomba dealer. They are only 2 miles from my house...... this boat supposedly starts at $98k, and can reach $125k loaded. They have a “well equipped” one coming in, with the 440, for $119k MSRP. Sale price is $107k plus freight and prep.

Supra and Moomba supposedly run different margin schedules, and the dealer is usually able to offer an almost 2x discount percentage on a Supra. They are usually about 10% off on a Moomba, and 20% off on a Supra. With that being the case, it puts this boat awefully close to the price I’d see on an SE, which comes with a lot of the options you have to add to a Moomba.

10-15k difference, is an awefully small gap to just jump up to the Supra. Not to mention, the SE is also a bigger boat.

rdlangston13 07-21-2018 8:56 AM

Are you in Canada? Base price is $79,999 us. Well equipped can be around 100. The slalom shop in Dallas just sold one with the 440 for 100

granddaddy53 07-21-2018 9:31 AM

To accomplish this under floor ballast for this and max cause the rear end of this boat to look a little silly. Saw the max at Norris and the rear end is ugly. The step down to platform must be ridiculous. The rest of both of these boats I don mind especially with large sub floor ballast , surfed a mojo pro snd was very impressed with surf wave with stock and sacks and smsll amount of lead. I bet based on size of hulls, they will still need lead or people if no locker sacs to premium the wave

Fixable 07-21-2018 9:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdlangston13 (Post 1979155)
Are you in Canada? Base price is $79,999 us. Well equipped can be around 100. The slalom shop in Dallas just sold one with the 440 for 100

No, I’m in the US. I must be seriously misinformed then.........

He said, this boat comes with essentially the same standard features as a Mojo Pro, except that the ballast system is obviously bigger at 4K, instead of 3k...... and the base price on the Mojo pro is 92k, right? So, the pricing sorta made sense, Compared to their other offerings.

But it starts at 79k? With all the standard features, and a bigger ballast system than the Mojo pro?

It does say 79,980 right on the site though..... that’s not bad at all if it does come with all those standard features

BrettLee3232 07-21-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixable (Post 1979157)
No, I’m in the US. I must be seriously misinformed then.........

He said, this boat comes with essentially the same standard features as a Mojo Pro, except that the ballast system is obviously bigger at 4K, instead of 3k...... and the base price on the Mojo pro is 92k, right? So, the pricing sorta made sense, Compared to their other offerings.

But it starts at 79k? With all the standard features, and a bigger ballast system than the Mojo pro?

It does say 79,980 right on the site though..... that’s not bad at all if it does come with all those standard features



https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3990401f3a.png

dakota4ce 07-21-2018 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixable (Post 1979154)
Looks like a homerun on overall design for a Moomba.......... but aren’t Moomba’s supposed to be for the budget minded consumer?



Needed a new wakeboard rope this morning, and stopped at the local Supra/Moomba dealer. They are only 2 miles from my house...... this boat supposedly starts at $98k, and can reach $125k loaded. They have a “well equipped” one coming in, with the 440, for $119k MSRP. Sale price is $107k plus freight and prep.



Supra and Moomba supposedly run different margin schedules, and the dealer is usually able to offer an almost 2x discount percentage on a Supra. They are usually about 10% off on a Moomba, and 20% off on a Supra. With that being the case, it puts this boat awefully close to the price I’d see on an SE, which comes with a lot of the options you have to add to a Moomba.



10-15k difference, is an awefully small gap to just jump up to the Supra. Not to mention, the SE is also a bigger boat.



2019 Supra prices will be +8%. So not as close as you think. Hold onto your shoes for the new SE.

DatTexasBoy 07-22-2018 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakota4ce (Post 1979163)
2019 Supra prices will be +8%. So not as close as you think. Hold onto your shoes for the new SE.

Yes 2019 should be a good year for the SC lineup.

SE Coming Soon

ragboy 07-23-2018 12:18 PM

We spent several hours on the makai.

<iframe width="848" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N0Bg1Oflr4s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The boat was a winner IMO. The wake I would compare to the quality of a weighted 2017 SG or SE. It not quite as good as our SL but easily as good as those 2 great waves, but without ANY extra ballast. It was huge, tons of room and had a ton of thoughtful elements that I think most boats would love. Our entire family was impressed. Again, we had a full boat in this video, which you can see, but we did not add any lead or sacks of any kind. All of this was sub floor ballast, but they did something unique. The rear bags have like an easily removable cover that allows you to inspect the subfloor bags easily, but also allows you to add PNP bags on top of the ones in there. The only thing is you would lose some storage.

For me, I would add just a couple hundred lbs of lead for those few times I am light on people and to "tune" the wave. I don't think you need anything else.

ragboy

Stazi 07-23-2018 4:04 PM

Awesome. Can’t wait to see one on the water.

Shakarocks 07-23-2018 5:25 PM

I love seeing the performance increases in price point boats. Looks like a winner for Moomba.

tommyg 07-24-2018 9:45 AM

that interior is a crazy beautiful color combo.

I remember when I bought my '02 SAN in late '02 as a dealer demo boat. I paid $36k for it, and my neighbor thought I was crazy. I spent $67k on my brand new '12 LSV, and I thought I was crazy.

I love the fact that we're getting to the point where you can flip a switch and have a surfable wake, and these boats have come a really long way in the past 5-10 years, but the fact that a price point boat is now touted as a deal at under $100k blows my mind, even for a 24.5 footer. I guess I'm turning into "get off my lawn" guy...I've had my eye out for a lightly used Mojo Pro, but I guess I'll have to wait a few years versus dropping that type of coin on essentially a toy...

tre 07-24-2018 12:17 PM

100% agree with the previous post. These prices are not sustainable. When we hit the next recession, and we will, I'm guessing we are going to lose a couple of these boat companies. While I'm lucky I can afford these prices, there is no way I'm spending this kind of money on a new boat. All these new boats are so expensive causing them to depreciate like cars and worse. Supras are currently 130k+ and it sounds like they are going to 140k+ for 2019. Nautique is already at 160k. Moomba is now 100k. In 2001 I paid 25k for a Supra Launch. In 2009 I paid about 70k for a new 24' Supra Launch (fully loaded). No way I'm paying 100k for a Moomba, 140k for a Supra, or 160k for a Nautique. I'm out of the new inboard boat game. It may be the best boat ever but I'm not paying these crazy inflated margin prices. At this point I'll be keeping my 2009 forever.

Aurex 07-24-2018 12:29 PM

I agree as well. Looking at the interest portion of the boat financing (who can out right pay to buy one of these, with a family and mortgage etc.), the cost to finance is almost equivalent to buying a bare bones boat like a Moomba Helix or Sanger 215 (not SX or XTZ).

These boats were already unaffordable, but especially now in Canada with the 10% tariff. Except that it isn't 10%, it's more because you pay financing and taxes on that tariff. I was in the market for a new boat but will be looking at more affordable boats now. I suspect that the 10% tariff will scare away lots of new boats buyers in the Canadian market.

Stazi 07-24-2018 7:06 PM

Canada’s tax system is an effen joke. Sorry you guys have to deal with that ****......but that what happens when the government has to supply “free” stuff. Someone has gots to pay, brah!

Almost as bad as Australia.....hence why I live in the US and won’t be going back to Oz to live any time in the foreseeable future.

tampawake 07-25-2018 7:05 PM

Wow Axis first to do 100k boats now Moomba. It just keeps getting sadder and sadder! Tampa use to have a MC, BU, Tige and Nautique dealers. Now down to just Marine Max with Nautique.

downfortheride 07-26-2018 8:29 AM

The people have requested and Skiers Choice delivered. I can't wait to see this beast in person.

jonblarc7 07-26-2018 11:02 AM

First Moomba in a while I would take a hard look at buying.

That_Guy 07-26-2018 11:30 AM

The boat looks like a home run to me.

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining/stating this is a $100k Moomba....it clearly says MSRP of UNDER $80k, and realistically you can get 10-20% off a new boat almost guaranteed, so that's low $70's or less and gives you nearly $30k in room to option it up before hitting $100k....Does this boat even have that much in available options? I haven't looked but the people that are crying about $100k+ Moomba's are ridiculous IMO. Clearly many people will buy this boat sub $100k.

Stazi 07-26-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That_Guy (Post 1979302)
The boat looks like a home run to me.



I think it's hilarious that people are complaining/stating this is a $100k Moomba....it clearly says MSRP of UNDER $80k, and realistically you can get 10-20% off a new boat almost guaranteed, so that's low $70's or less and gives you nearly $30k in room to option it up before hitting $100k....Does this boat even have that much in available options? I haven't looked but the people that are crying about $100k+ Moomba's are ridiculous IMO. Clearly many people will buy this boat sub $100k.



First one sold for $106k......so it’s not as crazy as you think, but that’s a lot of boat considering what you’d pay for in a similarly sized competitor boat.

jonblarc7 07-26-2018 12:01 PM

Still 50K or more under what other boats are going for.

That_Guy 07-26-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stazi (Post 1979304)
First one sold for $106k......so it’s not as crazy as you think, but that’s a lot of boat considering what you’d pay for in a similarly sized competitor boat.

I saw that, and never said it was crazy that they could sell for $100k, but the way people are complaining is like they are either all going to sell for $100k+ or even that it starts at $100k+, which just isn't true. And I agree with you that it definitely appears to have a lot of bang for the buck. Can't wait to see one in person!

rdlangston13 07-26-2018 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stazi (Post 1979304)
First one sold for $106k......so it’s not as crazy as you think, but that’s a lot of boat considering what you’d pay for in a similarly sized competitor boat.



106 was the asking price, dude said he got for 100

bcrider 07-26-2018 3:00 PM

Under $ 100k all day ???? :D

BrettLee3232 07-26-2018 3:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrider (Post 1979314)
Under $ 100k all day ???? :D



Haha never forget Mastercraft paying The nitro circus boys to say “50k all day” haha [emoji23]

mark197 08-04-2018 8:27 AM

Damn this is a nice boat!
https://www.southtownwatersports.com...nventory-2802/

dakota4ce 08-04-2018 12:31 PM

If the 100k Moomba upsets you, don’t buy one. 🤷🏼*♂️

dakota4ce 08-04-2018 10:20 PM

Here Is perhaps a better perspective. This boat has more features and is the same size as my 2016 SE. Lots and lots and lots of boats like mine sold for 120+ thousand dollars. This one does more for under 100......

Win?

drnate 08-06-2018 9:25 AM

Beautiful Boat! I want one

DatTexasBoy 08-06-2018 12:35 PM

Definitely a step in the right direction for SC and Moomba. This is an awesome boat and should be a hit!!!

BurnMac42 08-07-2018 2:33 PM

Anybody know if the one that sold for $100k was optioned really well to bring it that high or did the dealer put a premium on it because it was a new model? I won't lie man if I can go into this boat starting at $80k and put a mild $10k" in accessories on it and bring it home for $90k that is a huge win considering the size of this thing...

Ride 08-07-2018 4:20 PM

My understanding is that it was well optioned.

My dealer has quoted me right at $100k for a loaded one.

Cole 08-07-2018 5:45 PM

Yeah MSRP dont mean anything on boats! Talked to Skiers Choice/Moomba today they said their website should have the 2019 models on there in the building/customization section come middle of September! Im getting ready to start working with my dealer probably ordering a Craz. Just hearing more hype as time goes on.

DatTexasBoy 08-07-2018 6:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurnMac42 (Post 1979614)
Anybody know if the one that sold for $100k was optioned really well to bring it that high or did the dealer put a premium on it because it was a new model? I won't lie man if I can go into this boat starting at $80k and put a mild $10k" in accessories on it and bring it home for $90k that is a huge win considering the size of this thing...

I believe you can. The one sold at 100k was very well optioned

downfortheride 08-11-2018 6:32 AM

Went completely through the Makai yesterday. Very well designed boat and will be a big hit. Few stand outs to me is perko switch, helm, hinged seats, storage, and ballast. Now to ride it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5c710670b6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...967fc9b8c2.jpg

jonblarc7 08-12-2018 11:57 AM

I wish somebody would do a wakeboard wake compairson. With that much under the floor ballast I want to know if it’s big and clean at 22 or 23. I really liked the centurion IR with it big under the floor ballast. Until I talked to some people that did demo’s on them and they had to fill the front half full then alittle more on the right then the left then it was really good. I want it to be like a G where you fill it all the way up and do 23 and it’s money.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.