WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Find A Third/Be A Third (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53686)
-   -   Northern UT v21 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793090)

ryan_shima1 04-30-2012 11:16 AM

Northern UT v21

On the request of Mike W, here's the new thread to kick off the 2012 season. Hopefully the weather will start become a bit more consistent!

downfortheride 05-01-2012 7:27 AM

Mike W has the power! Straight got Shima to do work!
Mike W. ~ How's life on the W. Side of UT Lake? You get a new house and a new wife and drop off the radar. Hope all is well...

downfortheride 05-01-2012 8:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Since a new thread is started... I guess I should mention I have finally got out of the boat whore business and invested in a boat. It was a good decision between the wife and I to order a 2012 MB F21 Tomcat. I'm so happy with the wake and the space of this 21 foot boat. It was awesome that we got to choose all the colors and the vinyl used and pic what options we wanted. The best options so far are extra heater outlets, LED lighting throughout, extra board racks, logo carpet, white trailer, etc... I have added a 12V plug to the front since the Tomcat requires extra weight up front, not sure how MB don't stock weight up front. Also added a Bluetooth receiver and its crazy cool now that we don't have cords. I have kept true to my words and left the tower speakers out, F'n hate them loud ass things! There's many people that I would like to have and owe pulls to, you are all not forgotten.
Attachment 21905

Attachment 21906

Attachment 21907

ryan_shima1 05-01-2012 8:30 PM

Congrats again on the new ride Josh! I can't wait to get my first pull behind her.

duramat 05-01-2012 9:31 PM

NEW THREAD!! WOOT WOOT!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BOAT JOSH! Beautiful!! Bring that beast up to Willard and lets ride!!

Dont hate!! I just put on some new Tower Speakers....so I can come over a mic and yell at the lake lice and at stupid women in aluminum boats coming in full speed in the Marina draggin a tuber (Shima remembers) :D Thats my excuse and Im stickin to it! LOL

ryan_shima1 05-01-2012 10:11 PM

Haha, I remember that Matt! That was unreal!

downfortheride 05-02-2012 6:49 AM

Thanks Shima!
Matt ~ It's your boat and your ears... I yet to be on your boat to deal with the loud music or Willard Lice :) . What did you go with?

duramat 05-02-2012 9:30 PM

Josh we need to make it happen! Weve been playing cat and mouse too long! HAHAHA!

Just a single pair of WS Rev10's that Im WAY underpowering them (1/2 of what theyre rated for)so I shouldnt be too bad. I dont hang out at a Party cove and I just wanted to hear something while surfing. Ive got major hearing loss in my upper ranges so I know all too well LOL. I saw the value of the mic in texas when my buddy was yelling at the guy on the ramp for wasting time trying to get his boat loaded for 20 minutes as 6 others sat waiting. He got the clue LOL

Hoping to dewinterize Friday afternoon and ready for action the following week

rideut 05-04-2012 6:41 PM

I just made the suggestion to start a new thread Ryan was the one that got motivated and did the job.

Josh, I'm still around just got my trailer axles fixed and powder coated. Decided to change the color from yellow to gloss black. I've had issues with the axles since the day I bought it but they should be all fixed now. Boat is dewinterized and purring like kitten. The west side of the lake is nice, I wake up and stare at the glassy water every day on my way to work. BTW thanks for giving me a look at boater outlet the other day like you were lost when i said whats up.

downfortheride 05-05-2012 1:59 PM

Mike ~ I'm such a dick and was crazy in a hurry... So where do you launch out of? We have been doing a lot of Provo Harbor since I have a park pass and like the ramps so much more. I got to get you behind my MB and see what you think about the wake. We might be out tomorrow (Provo) if everything works out. It will be my bro's MB with a big red X on the side. Any chance you have the hook up to use the Saratoga launch or can get a pass? I have seen pics of it and would love to launch out of there instead and it's much closer.

rideut 05-06-2012 8:55 AM

During the week days and most week ends "in the morning" the Saratoga Springs ramp is is always empty. Noon going into the afternoons are a different story. I have a sticker on my boat for the private ramp but since I don't live in the HOA I have to borrow a friend's truck that does live in the HOA to use the private ramp. Just a warning the parking Nazzis will ticket you at the saratoga springs dock if you don't either pay or have a saratoga springs pass. "The sate pass doesn't apply to the saratoga springs ramp" I haven't picked up my pass yet but plan on doing it this week. The HOA will tow you if you don't have a sticker on your trailer and on your truck. I watched it happen to a few people and the guys doing the towing are huge dicks about it. Congrats on the MB looks nice.

downfortheride 05-06-2012 4:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's sounds like the West side of the lake, LOL. I guess I might just stick with the Provo side and deal with the 20 min more. Thanks for the info Mike!

If you haven't done it go online and take the Mussel test so you don't have to deal with them damn papers every time you're at the lake. Seems like the DNR don't stare at your truck as long as the others when they see the Mussel print out in your window. Sucks... I does not work in Powell. NPS don't give a shizz what you know and don't. Happy boating everybody, we found this at Deercreek today!
Attachment 22044

ryan_shima1 05-06-2012 8:05 PM

Nice Josh!!!

05-07-2012 1:05 PM

Josh ~ looks like you guys found some EPIC yesterday.... how many miles did you rack up before you ended up at DC? Any trouble with the trolling crew?

downfortheride 05-07-2012 4:21 PM

David ~ We hit UT Lake then went straight to DC, you know the usual drive... This time we stayed away from the F'n fisher F'ers! I still have a sore spot for that jackhole.

leblanc1 05-14-2012 9:08 PM

Recently stationed at Hill AFB after being in Japan for a couple of years, the Middle East for a year and NorCal prior to that. Would love to get back on the lake with any local Northern Utah folks. I can drive, tow (2004 Duramax) and pay for gas...add me to "the list" if there is one please. - Steve

ryan_shima1 05-15-2012 7:46 AM

Welcome to the thread Steve. I live up in Layton and take my boat to Willard to ride. PM me your cell # and maybe we can hook up before I go on my 2 week trip to Japan at the end of the month. Otherwise, we can connect after I get back mid June.

downfortheride 05-15-2012 8:09 AM

Welcome Steve! We have a great bunch of people here in UT that just love to ride.

parkcityxj 05-20-2012 12:00 PM

I'm always looking for 3rds to ride the Jordanelle with my wife and I. I'm more into surfing than wakeboarding these days but just need people to get out on the water with us. I normally ride evenings and Sundays. I'm down for week day morning sessions but it's been impossible the past few years to find people to go then.

rideut 05-21-2012 1:28 PM

Holly Shivy it's Jay, Where you been?

spencercoon 05-21-2012 3:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkcityxj (Post 1753104)
I'm always looking for 3rds to ride the Jordanelle with my wife and I. I'm more into surfing than wakeboarding these days but just need people to get out on the water with us. I normally ride evenings and Sundays. I'm down for week day morning sessions but it's been impossible the past few years to find people to go then.

I live in AZ but visit Salt Lake a couple times a year and I always wish I knew someone to ride with when I'm up there. If you PM me your number I'll give you a ring the next time I'm up. I'd be happy to return the favor if you or any of the other Northern Utah guys are visiting Phoenix.

CCWakerider 05-21-2012 4:56 PM

Moving to Park City

We are moving to Park City soon, and I am glad to see Riders in the area. We are bringing our SAN 230 with us, and I was curious to see what lake(s) are the best for riding the summertime...... Also, what month does everyone get out to ride in the area? Thanks everyone!!!!

ryan_shima1 05-21-2012 5:25 PM

Hey Spencer & CCwakerider,
Welcome to the thread.

Spencer, just sent you a PM.

Stephen, there's a lot of lakes to choice from in the area but since you're in PC, you have several options. Jordanelle Res, Rockport Res, East Canyon, Deer Creek and Echo Res. All are UT State parks except Echo which is privately owned and you need to pay their fee's to use the lake.

You can get a State Park pass online for $75 at http://stateparks.utah.gov/parkspass otherwise you pay $9 a day for each entry. Best of luck on your move to UT!

CCWakerider 05-21-2012 5:47 PM

Utah Lakes

Ryan

Thanks for the info! We saw Jordanelle on the map and did not know if there was a good presence and use of wake boats, and definitely did not know about the other lakes and the fees. Which lake is the earliest of the season that you can use? Are their any "clubs-or-events" on any of those lakes in the summertime that you can point me in a direction? Sorry for all the questions but we have boated in SE USA (Tenn & Florida) and we have been spoiled with a lengthy season and we just are very unfamiliar with the Utah area and the "season times". We love the winter in PC, and everyone keeps telling us that the summer is even better!!! Thanks again for your help!!

ryan_shima1 05-21-2012 6:54 PM

Stephen,
People have been riding in the valley lakes since late March-early spring. People have been starting to get out in the mountain lakes (PC area) for the past few weeks but the water is still pretty cold up there (high 40's-mid 50's depending on which lake). It's the desert out here so mornings are pretty chilly and it get's hot in the afternoons. I hope you have a heater on your boat and a drysuit because both of those will extend your riding season. Some people can ride normally into late November depending on the weather. Some have ridden into late Dec (like DFTR Josh & David Horton above, but they're frickin' nutz! LOL). The valley lakes are now in the 60's so very comfortable to ride just with a vest or neo-top. But since you're coming from the SE, that's going to be cold for you :o)

There's no clubs on any lakes but there's a good presence here in the area. The boys at www.wakeutah.com host several events each summer at different locations around the area. Check out their site for the list of this summer's events.

When are you making your move to PC?

CCWakerider 05-22-2012 7:04 PM

We are hoping to be there by mid summer, but may not happen until the fall. Same old story of waiting for our house to sell, so we can move there. Got family in PC, so excited to get there. I really appreciate your local info, as family does not know much about the Wake Life :)

ryan_shima1 05-22-2012 8:38 PM

You're welcome Stephen! Let's us know when you're moved into town.

Aussie 06-03-2012 8:28 AM

Hello all, I moved to the US about 10 months ago and after surviving a SLC winter (at home the coldest it gets is about 30F) I bought a VLX and was ready to ride. Unfortunately my anticipated regular crew have turned out to be quite a bit less than regular. If anyone is interested in coming out or is looking for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th..... l am definitely interested.

ryan_shima1 06-04-2012 4:21 PM

Hey Scott,
I've been meaning to check in with you to see how your VLX has been treating you. I'll be back in the country on June 15th, let's hook up to ride when I get back into town.

Aussie 06-04-2012 9:32 PM

Hey Ryan great to hear from you, will PM you my phone number for when you get back. Look forward to catching up and going for a ride. Boat has been going well (touch wood) been up to Jordanelle and to Utah lake so far

toucan70 06-06-2012 4:00 PM

Hey Jay / Scott, if you are looking for a third for your Jordanelle sessions I live in PC and would be love to join you and will contribute $, and diving if needed. I have done the early morning sessions and that is the best time for that lake for sure. I sold my boat last summer so I am not getting out nearly as much as I would like, I had a 2007 Supra 21V. Ryan was familiar with my old boat. If interested PM me your number.

kevin 06-14-2012 10:40 PM

I am always looking for people to come with me, but I usually go spur of the moment and I know that doesn't work with a lot of people, but if anyone is interested let me know.

theloungelife 06-16-2012 2:07 PM

Hello everyone. I just had my first Utah wakeboard experience up at the Hyperlite Meltdown. I was there for the first 1/2 and it was a great time. I used to ride a bunch where I'm from (western NY), but haven't ridden much in the last few years. I'd like to get back into it and although I don't have a boat, I can contribute to gas etc. If anyone is looking for a 3rd, 4th or whatever, let me know. As far as operation experience, I grew up driving a late 90s tige inboard, but don't have much experience with driving a trailer.

Schedule wise, I am pretty much down whenever I'm not working (I work Tues - Wed (9-5), Fri - Sun (2-10))

zedagrizz 06-19-2012 8:12 PM

Stan ~ you know you can always ride behind my boat. We are making a big effort to use it more this season.

ryan_shima1 06-19-2012 9:43 PM

Jason, I thought you told me you weren't going to be able to ride much this summer since your schedule is really busy????? I think you're holding out on me!!! LOL

Banmbc 06-24-2012 11:58 AM

Hey everybody I'm a poor college student and would like to jump in for a pull anytime since I'm just sitting around not doing much. Got loot and a V8 to pull. I live just out the weber canyon by pineview and can meet up pretty much anywhere, So if you are looking for a third or just have a open seat I'm down to go. Also got access to a 2011 vlx anytime if we can split the expenses. :D
Ben

ryan_shima1 07-13-2012 7:02 AM

Wow, no posts in almost 3 weeks! Either everyone is too busy riding with all this hot weather or..........?

gcombe 07-17-2012 1:39 PM

hey hey how goes.. still got that sik supra?

spencercoon 07-17-2012 5:06 PM

Hello everyone, I will be in the Saratoga Springs area for all of next week. My inlaws live right next to Utah Lake and I have always wished I could wakeboard when I am up there. Is there any chance that any of you would need a third on Utah lake or any other lake nearby some time next week? I will gladly pitch in for gas, clean up and/or driving. Willing to wake up as early as needed if someone wants to get a set in before heading to work...

ryan_shima1 07-17-2012 6:41 PM

Glen!!! Wow, haven't see you around for ages. How have you been? Yes, I still have my supra. How about you, still got your boat? If so, where have you been riding these days?

Spencer, I haven't been on UT lake once this year yet. But there are some people that ride there. Some are on this forum, so aren't. If no one offers up a ride in the next few days, I'll see if I can make some contacts for you. However, one of the guys that I know that lives in SS just broke his leg last week so not sure if he'll be taking his boat out, but maybe.

downfortheride 07-17-2012 9:17 PM

We ride a lot of UT but never on the SS side... If I hear word I will post up and see whats up. Do you have all your gear Spencer?

downfortheride 07-17-2012 9:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O and back from another Powell trip... This time we camped in Face Canyon for a week.
Attachment 24105

ryan_shima1 07-17-2012 10:38 PM

Beautiful pic Josh!!!

spencercoon 07-18-2012 7:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 (Post 1768567)
Glen!!! Wow, haven't see you around for ages. How have you been? Yes, I still have my supra. How about you, still got your boat? If so, where have you been riding these days?

Spencer, I haven't been on UT lake once this year yet. But there are some people that ride there. Some are on this forum, so aren't. If no one offers up a ride in the next few days, I'll see if I can make some contacts for you. However, one of the guys that I know that lives in SS just broke his leg last week so not sure if he'll be taking his boat out, but maybe.

Thanks a lot Ryan that would be great!

spencercoon 07-18-2012 7:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downfortheride (Post 1768597)
We ride a lot of UT but never on the SS side... If I hear word I will post up and see whats up. Do you have all your gear Spencer?

I'll travel to whatever side I need to be on to get a ride! If I know that I can get a pull I will for sure bring my board and jacket.

gcombe 07-18-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 (Post 1768567)

yep still around.. think I saw you getting gas a maverick a week or so ago, live a block away there in the marriott-slaterville area. haah been on willard all season must just be off times from you. sold the moomba last august bought a tige rz4.

ryan_shima1 07-18-2012 10:41 AM

Glen, now that you mention it, I think I did see your boat while I was gassing up. Yeah, that Mavericks is my normal gas stop for the boat. I hope to see you out on the water soon. How you liking the RZ4?

gcombe 07-18-2012 2:14 PM

RZ4 has been great. if you see us on the bay swing by. usually sundays, tues and thursdays for us. this time of year is rough.. those thunder storms in the afternoon.

ryan_shima1 07-18-2012 4:17 PM

Spencer, sent you a PM with some contact info.

Glen, will do for sure.

downfortheride 07-18-2012 8:26 PM

Glen ~ By your profile info I want to see that wake!!! 2200 and some lead is legit... Would like to try your wake and have you taste the MB F21 with 2200 that we use. Maybe a day with the Shima's and Matt is in order for a wake test fun day! Sunday's sounds like it would be the best for everybody and their family's. Well I guess I can say Sunday's are best for us.

gcombe 07-20-2012 7:10 AM

DFTR ask no more...hahah lets hook up this sunday if your on willard? we already plan to be out. if that does not work lets plan a day. rode with ryan yesterday for a set. I should have offered think all day in the sun had my brain fried. yo shout out to ryan and your crew yesterday I owe you a tow so if your not there sunday let me know. we can hook up.

headed out today if anyone wants to meet up. 801-940-6237 think we will be on the lake from 9 to 2-4 ish was thinking.. have a grinch winch too.. we need to get some guys together find a sweet spot to get in off the lake time. have a couple spots in mind that have not been done around here.

ryan_shima1 07-20-2012 11:36 AM

Hey Glen, it was great to see you yesterday and would love a pull behind your Tige for sure. Will let you know when I'll be out next, maybe some time next week but I'll have to take my boat in for a tune up soon so I may be without a boat for a while during the servicing.

gcombe 07-20-2012 2:50 PM

been thinking about your engine issue.. swing that baby by.. if its top end I can take care of it. but swing by and I will take a look at it.. just bottom end will require a lift most likely and work on the cams ext... but if its head gasket... we tear down the top end no problem.

let me know
G

downfortheride 07-20-2012 4:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glen ~ Hell ya! Let me see what I can work out with the wife and kids and head up that way with the MB. Where do you launch out of? I heard there is a boat that looks like mine out that way... Best difference is 4 racks and no speakers on the tower to spot mine. I can throw ya a text or something...
Attachment 24198

ryan_shima1 07-20-2012 11:12 PM

Thanks for offering up the help Glen! I hope it's not too serious and something you can fix.

Josh, haven't seen the boat since that day I told you last month.

duramat 07-22-2012 7:14 AM

Ryan, if your swinging by that Maverick in Marriot, you might as well hit the small gas station directly across from Cal Ranch. They have non Ethanol blend. ive been using it. Its just two feul islands with the tanks on the other side of the fence. Open to public.

One more week till Im back!! Woot Woot!!

ryan_shima1 07-22-2012 4:43 PM

Hey Glen, thanks again for helping me resolve my engine issue and doing the repair work. I really appreciate it. Look forward to when we can ride again!

Matt, thanks for the tip, will definitely keep that in mind the next time I need to fill up. Do you have any idea what they run for cost?

gcombe 07-23-2012 10:48 AM

shima. not problem. was good to figure it out and not have you stressing.

oh oh... can you san "liquid lead"!! LOL

I can check that pump price for you too.. just down the street.. lol

ryan_shima1 07-23-2012 12:15 PM

If you drive by the station and see the price, let me know. No need to go out of your way but I appreciate the offer!

downfortheride 07-23-2012 5:39 PM

Good hell do we need to switch this thread into a Willard UT thread, LOL!
Glen awesome to meet ya and 3/4 of the fam.
Good to see ya again Shima and Mrs. Shima!
Nice to meet ya Scott

ryan_shima1 07-23-2012 7:59 PM

Same to you Josh! It's been too long!

tings00 07-26-2012 3:06 PM

we just got back from our annual Lake mead trip. Every year on the way home that lake you can see from I-15 nearMona? always stands out to me. Does anyone know if you can boat on it or has anyone been boating on it. I have never seen a boat on it so i didnt know if it was private property or restricted to motorless boats. Does anyone have any details on it.

gcombe 07-27-2012 10:30 AM

was out with shima and DFTR last sunday. and they mentioned that they have been on it. guess it can be really good or really bad depending on the wind. but I agree every time I am on my way to or from ST. George I never see a boat on it.

Aussie 07-27-2012 7:42 PM

Hey Josh, nice to meet you also, was a good day out the lake despite the water........ Look forward to catching up again out on the water or for a beer.

Nice to meet you to Glenn.

gcombe 07-28-2012 5:55 PM

scott for sure was nice to meet you as well. need to show up earlier next time.

downfortheride 07-28-2012 8:32 PM

Tings - Don't do it! Super low and will eat your prop...

Glen - Can we just get a forecast with no breeze? Need a new nose ballast bag and going to add a 750, should help make my wake a little more of a ramp then the 400 I use.

gcombe 07-30-2012 2:34 PM

josh, no joke.. was on willard a 715 sunday.. windy as can be... and again evil fisherman bitching at me telling me i dont need to ride near the dike? I have the whole lake..hahaah its willard.. like the fish are worth a sh*t.

downfortheride 07-30-2012 5:46 PM

Glen ~ next time ask them why they're there... Tell them the fish are just as ugly throughout the entire lake, LOL! Then proceed to play boats and ho's while the tower speaker are pointed right at them. BOOM BITCH!

gcombe 07-31-2012 7:25 AM

ahahah DFTR I did just that. (minus the speaker part) I asked them why they feel the need to fish right there and they have the whole lake too? Went on about educating them why we all ride there. seemed to really make a huge impression on them. LOL the only thing that I loved is some careless water skier showed up and was riding about 5ft off that dike... hahaah

:banghead: fisherman.

Aussie 08-01-2012 9:25 PM

Hey guys heading up to bear lake this weekend for a camping and boating trip (hopefully will get some riding in) any tips??

downfortheride 08-02-2012 5:09 PM

Aussie ~ Bear lake is AWESOME! Not so much for riding but the water is something else. Never camped at the lake and when I was there it was a ZOO and no good water to be had. If you have never been you will have a experience with the water and being able to see the bottom very deep. Well last time I was there it was clear/clean water.

ryan_shima1 08-02-2012 8:22 PM

Never been there Scott but I heard to just watch our for the wind & storms that pop out of nowhere. Have a great weekend!

Aussie 08-02-2012 8:57 PM

Cheers Josh and Ryan, yeah doesnt look like it has a lot of wind protection and the water does look a awesome blue.

Hopefully catch you guys next weekend for some more riding, less boating..........

gcombe 08-04-2012 10:38 PM

scott... dying to hear how this pans out.. bear like is usually really good early.. wind most of the day and good late.. the lake setup is just so prime to be blowing most days.

theloungelife 08-13-2012 3:36 PM

Not sure if anyone in/around salt lake wants to check out the Red Rock cable park, but I am going to head down for a day trip this Friday. Planning on leaving Salt Lake by 8am, get there around noon. Ride on and off for the day and be back in the car driving by 8pm at the latest. Back in SLC by midnight at the latest. If you're interested, pm me on here. I'd only ask that you split gas. I have a vw golf, so mpgs are pretty good. I've got enough room for me and 2 other people.

downfortheride 08-13-2012 6:26 PM

Rich, thanks for posting! heading to Powell on Thur but would like to look at something like this in the future. Maybe staying the night in St. G and heading back in the AM.

theloungelife 08-13-2012 11:29 PM

I'm hoping to get down there a few more fridays this summer/fall. I'll keep posted.

Emailed the park the other day and they said they are going to try and keep things running into November, so there should be some good opportunities yet.

duramat 08-14-2012 11:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics of last time home :D

Bear Lake, Hot Springs side

duramat 08-14-2012 11:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some pics of my boy now learning for the first time how to get up on the board! Hes hooked. He makes a nice third if anyone needs one LOL

ryan_shima1 08-15-2012 9:54 AM

Nice pics Matt! And great to see your son riding now!!!