WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   W8ke.com Issues? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785883)

wakemania 02-11-2011 11:22 AM

W8ke.com Issues?

I inquired about ordering a Launch Pad bag from W8ke about a month ago. They told me that sale was about to end and I would need to go ahead and place the order. I placed the order and got an email from them saying it was out of stock but expected another shipment in the following week and would get it out. Well it's been 4 weeks from the original order and still no bags. I have emailed them at least 3 times since the order and have gotten no reply what so ever. The charge has been made against my bank account. What's frustating is that I can get no one to reply to me. Has anyone else experienced bad customer support from them? If I cancel my order, will I be refunded my money?

TelepromptedAnthems 02-11-2011 1:36 PM

The only issue I have is that I'm not sure how to pronounce their name. It looks like "Wait-ke," but that doesn't make any sense.

seth 02-11-2011 1:43 PM

Yeah I ordered a rope and it was out of stock but they never emailed me about it. They said they had some other colors and I said just send me whatever. I cancelled my order after waiting for that one for two weeks.

wakemania 02-12-2011 5:14 AM

Seth, did they refund your money? They have charged my account (used debit card) and I don't see an option to cancel. When looking at "My Acount" it says processing and has a button for "reorder", but not "cancel". I can't get anyone to respond to me to get any answers or options. Right now I'm out almost $80 with no bags or any way of contacting them.

RedRum 02-12-2011 7:38 AM

I've been keeping an eye on their site. It doesn't seem to be taking off like they intended. I haven't ordered anything because of this.
Wakemania, if I were you, I would contact your bank or whoever it is that you have your debit card with, and inform them of what has happened. Possibly file a dispute with W8ke.com and get your money back.

wakerider111 02-12-2011 10:21 AM

just one experience, good though.
I got the Parks Doc in December. it did take a while to ship. 2 1/2 weeks or so. but i didn't have a problem with it especially when i thought it was such a great deal for $17

seth 02-14-2011 10:03 AM

They never charged my card. My order said processing (or something along those lines) the whole time.

greenbass86 02-14-2011 1:06 PM

wakemania just curious does it show on your bank statement that you have been charged or does it say pending? If it says pending then your bank still has your money but they just have it on hold so that when W8ke does charge you the funds will be available for them to collect. As for the whole issue of the item being out of stock, this happens with me and the company I work for constantly with certain items. Honestly if a company tells you an item is out of stock, I would suggesting canceling and trying to get something else

wakemania 02-14-2011 8:17 PM

Well, this is strange. I could have sworn, that my debt card had been charged or at least "on hold" the day after the order was placed. I went to find it on line this morning and could not find it. It had not posted nor was it on hold. There is not a cancel option on their website where my order is showing "processing". After I discovered that apparently this had never been charged, I emailed W8ke.com and cancelled my order that way (via email). I hope that works, but makes me wonder since they have not responded to my last 4 or 5 emails. So maybe much to do about nothing other that being left hanging for the last 41/2 weeks.

Jeff, they told me the items were out of stock but were expecting more the following week. Then I never heard from them again. That deal was soon gone so there was nothing else I needed from them. Cancelling is an adventure when you don't have any feedbace what so ever. Hopefully everything has been cancelled. I would love to get some confirmation of that before I order something similar from a reputable site.

greenbass86 02-14-2011 8:31 PM

Yeah all that you just said I get calls about every day... basically the charge you saw the first day was a pending charge, w8ke told your card company that they would be charging x amount of dollars in x amount of days so your card took the money out themselves just to verify that the funds where available and then put it back in. As for the whole canceling the order issue, always best to cancel by phone if you can somehow get a hold of them. Possibly try contacting the BBB they should have phone number for the company. Anyways it seems like the worst case scenario is that they end up shipping the bag and charging you for it. In which case you should be able to return it, use it, or sell it.

seth 02-15-2011 10:33 AM

Yeah that sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I did get an email confirmation that my order was cancelled.

wakemania 02-15-2011 10:44 AM

Yeah, I definately feel better that the charge did not actually go through. Like you said, worst case I find the bags on my door step and the charge has gone through. In which case I'll have a deal for someone.

tampawake 02-15-2011 1:56 PM

Guys I own an online company. What happens when you order something and it goes through the amount is put on a temporary hold. Then me the vendor captures the money. If the money is never captured that hold is then released. Sometime depending on the vendor it may take 24 to 48 I have even seen longer to almost 72 hours to release that hold even though money never changed hands or ended up in my account. If I capture it then credit you it still takes about that same amount of time. So what probably happened is you ordered it the temporary hold was put on your account they did not have stock and never captured the money. So your ok. The other thing I will tell you is that credit card companies almost ALWAYS side with you the card owner during disputes. It costs me the vendor anywhere from 2 to 3% to use them. This is why I always use a CC for everything they are on your side not the vendor ie me, amazon whomever.

ferral 02-20-2011 9:58 PM

I ordered a bag from W8ke when they had that deal. The order did show pending for a long time (about 3-4 weeks) but then finally showed up at my door. My credit card was not charged until the order actually shipped.

ilikebeaverandboats 02-20-2011 10:06 PM

both things i ordered have come. took forever but they came. Got my sack and also got a snowboard video. Lately it seems like nothing is happening with the site. I do know that there are a few other websites that seem to be run by the same company, and they all are doing well....Jackthreads.com theclymb.com....

greenbass86 03-06-2011 5:23 PM

glad to hear you got everything