WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   What happened to Exquisite (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797141)

tx_foilhead 03-02-2013 7:21 PM

What happened to Exquisite

I heard on another site that Exquisite is no longer sold on EBay. Looked into it an I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what happened? I hope there will be direct sales, I only have enough for 1 more good detail.

mikeski 03-04-2013 5:07 PM

Everybody realized that the dollar store Totally Amazing works better and stopped buying it??? that's why I stopped using it. I still use the brush that came with it...

rgardjr 03-04-2013 7:52 PM

I found a business card in with my boat stuff that I believe came with my last order of Exquisite:
Susan Renke (702) 939-7060 email: acedistributing@comcast.net

xstarrider 03-04-2013 9:24 PM

TA isn't necessarily same thing TA strips the hell out of the cushions and can dry them out. The Exquisite cleaned and conditioned.

No doubt the TA cleans ten times better though for tough work.

bass10after 03-04-2013 10:11 PM

what is in TA that makes it work so darn good? that stuff watered down is still 10x better at getting the seats clean than anything else out there. Sure does dry them out though. It seems like they get dirty quicker too, either that or theyre just so clean you notice the dirt more even after adding protection

hatepain 03-06-2013 6:02 AM

I think I ran them out of business with my Malco post a few years ago :)

naptownwake 03-10-2013 9:42 AM

I too am bummed by the departure of exquisite. is TA really comparable? are you guys saying that it damages the vinyl? not sure what you mean by "strips it". is this something that can be remedied by a coat of 303?

xstarrider 03-10-2013 8:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naptownwake (Post 1810539)
I too am bummed by the departure of exquisite. is TA really comparable? are you guys saying that it damages the vinyl? not sure what you mean by "strips it". is this something that can be remedied by a coat of 303?

Yup just need to use a protectant right after and make sure you wipe off the excess and overspray. With the Exquisite it was all in one step. Not nearly as good as a protectant as 303 but it didn't strip the old stuff like the TA does.

It wont damage the vinyl if you do the process correctly

The TA stuff cleans like no other, but in my opinion you cant use it as a "daily wipedown" cleaner like you could the Exquisite. I have swapped to the Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce as a my daily. Still keep the TA on hand for those tough dirty grimey days.

bftskir 03-10-2013 11:46 PM

I have used the Totally Awesome for a couple years now on my 1990 original interior and all it did was leave it clean and supple---no "strip", no "dry out"...I have used TA's $1.00 conditioner a few times too. I put about 100 hours a year on my boat.