WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Girls Who Ride (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=195511)
-   -   new trick - BS ollie 180 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594976)

lizrd 06-25-2008 6:16 PM

Below is my list of goals from the Goals 2008 thread. I can cross BS Ollie 180 off!! On Monday I didn't tell anyone I was going to try it - just cut out, ollied, BS 180d but didn't pass the handle. On my third try I landed it with the handle pass and rode away! Did another one right away and managed it again yesterday. It is a fun trick! One goal down, four to go. I have the feeling the others are going to kick my butt. <BR> <BR>HS regular to switch W2W 180 <BR>HS 360 <BR>HS Backroll <BR>BS ollie 180 <BR> <BR>I see my list needs something toeside. How about TS 360.

goldilocks 06-26-2008 1:14 PM

That's awesome! Congrats! I am just starting to grab my board on hs jumps which is quite a ways from where you are, but hopefully I'll be there someday. Good luck with the rest of your goals.

criswb 06-26-2008 7:24 PM

Congrats!!! Thats awesome.. bs 180s I think are way underrated. <BR> <BR>Good luck with the rest of your list! <BR>Have you got anything switch??

lizrd 06-30-2008 8:25 AM

Becca- Thanks! We are all at different stages. I think it is great that you are doing HS grabs. <BR> <BR>Cris- Yeah, they are so much fun - but I did take a real digger on one the other day. As far as switch goes I have switch ollies, and at one point had switch W2W HS and TS but not at 70 feet. I need to get those W2W all the way out. Switch is always such a good challenge - I ride switch anytime its choppy so that helps.

criswb 07-01-2008 9:55 AM

Try the switch 180s, they are the easiest ones to land!! I can land hs and ts switch 180s w2w, but I can't do just switch w2ws! <BR> <BR>One tip that helped me a loooot with my regular hs 180s was to keep both hands on the handle until the very end and look to the shore! I was always (I still do sometimes) slipping out on my butt. Also, wait until you've popped before doing the 180.

wakechic82 07-01-2008 11:38 AM

I have heard that hs w2w 180's landing switch can be an ankle breaker. I was going to try tantrums but decided I should try to get my 180's first, but I heard that 180's can really hurt you if you don't land them. Is that true?

criswb 07-01-2008 11:49 AM

Mmm... I'm guessing that it would hurt a lot if you don't transfer your weigh into the "new" back foot and land with your weigh on the front foot it should be a very hard fall. I've never had a bad fall on my hs 180s, I think as long as you remember to absorb the impact with your legs, you should be fine. Try them one wake first at slow speeds, try to get your body position correctly that way by doing it over and over and over. <BR> <BR>I also think that it is important to get your 180s first before trying inverts.

lizrd 07-01-2008 6:45 PM

180s both surface, one wake and W2W are a must before inverts if you want to start with a solid foundation. Ollie 180s help, too. <BR> <BR>I have never hurt my ankles doing W2W 180s. I have seen people hurt their ankles with tantrums though. It helps to know how to ride switch if you are going to land switch so try to practice a few times whenever you ride. Give them a try! <BR> <BR>(Message edited by Lizrd on July 01, 2008)

rnopr8 07-03-2008 9:18 PM

I have been working on my BS 1 wake 180 since camp and finally landed it today and rode away about 20 feet before I just kind of slipped. It is so much fun. <BR> <BR>Kat...I'm getting that cabby more consistent now too!!

wakekat15 07-06-2008 3:17 PM

Congrats, Geri! That is awesome! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Nationals!