WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through October 28, 2007 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=517108)
-   -   Looking at an X-star with the lq9. Please chime in (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506536)

pf728 09-30-2007 7:58 AM

Like the title says, im looking at an 04 x-star with the lq9. My dilema is i live in Utah (4300 elevation) and from some of the posts i read the lq9 and mcx are very similiar in power aside from what the numbers state. Anyone runing an lq9 at this elevation? How does it do? I have a chance to get a mcx locally or a lq9 out of state. Just want to make sure the lq9 is going to be enough power for here and if the mcx is really that close in perfromance. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

lftaylor 09-30-2007 8:14 AM

Patrick-If it were me, I would save the money and reprop the MCX. We had an 06 Xstar w/MCX &amp; did a clinic with Nick &amp; Julz Heaney and they reproped it and had 4000lbs in the boat and it was NO PROBLEM getting on plane. Although I did see a thread this year about the PWT XStar having some issues. I think you may have a harder time getting your money back out of the LQ9. What is price options hours between the two boats? And most important, which do YOU like better? Just my $.02 <BR>Scott

duckguy 09-30-2007 9:26 AM

LY6

pf728 09-30-2007 9:47 AM

they are both o4's for the same price same options and basically the same hours. The only diffrence is the lq9 would be towed from 900 miles away. Keep in mind my elevation just need to know if the lq9 will be enough power. I know the la9 is the better buy but not sure if its going to be enough power for my elevation. Is the lq9 gonna perform alot better than the mcx?

hype29 09-30-2007 9:49 AM

I live at about 5100ft. I'm running the mcx in my X-30 with usually about 2k in ballasts and it has plenty of power. I did reprop it, made all the difference in the world

kmcginty 09-30-2007 5:14 PM

I heard there was a fairly decent improvement in the MCX between 04 and 06, but that is only from reading wakeworld posts, so I could very well be wrong. Thats the most I can contribute here

pf728 10-01-2007 9:17 AM

Thanks for the reply's guys. I will be runing alot of weight sometimes. It sounds like the lq9 is going to do a much better job when weighd down. Keep the replys coming!

pf728 10-01-2007 9:19 AM

also i know about reproping but it seems like the rpms are alot higher and it will eat alot more gas.. <BR> <BR>DUBBE what rpm are you runing at 23 mph? Whats your top speed? I want to use the boat for wakeboarding and crusin>

downfortheride 10-01-2007 4:16 PM

Patrick ~~ Good to see others that are from the Utah area! Are you looking at UWS at the Red X Star with the Milo sticker on it, or a private seller? Are you guy's still riding, I could not find anybody on Sunday that wanted to brave the water temps.

pf728 10-01-2007 5:32 PM

Hi josh, that one at uws is to much for me. I got a dry suit so i can go when ever for the next week or two. Let me know if you need a third <a href="mailto:pf728@yahoo.com">pf728@yahoo.com</a>

face_smash 10-02-2007 2:28 AM

Hi there Pat, I have an X star with the LQ9 and i live for most of the year in France at about 600 meters!! I have the stainless steel prop and to be honest it has bags and bags of power!! mine is also a 2004! we usually have 9 or 10 people in the boat and the stock ballast!! With that much weight it sometimes struggles to get on the plain and needs alittle time but eventually gets there!! When there is just me and 3 of my friends, comes out the water much better!! hope that helps <BR> <BR>danny