WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   hunt test with our new puppy (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778467)

diamonddad 04-12-2010 11:31 AM

hunt test with our new puppy

1 Attachment(s)
I had a lot of fun running our new pup through hunt tests this weekend.

She pass both legs (SAT/SUN) so two more togo for her Junior Hunter title.

A video of me with her in the field (watch in hd). The first bird is at 0:20 and the second bird is at 2:00 (much easier to see).

http://www.youtube.com/user/savvydog.../0/PsehWmeOcOU

A pic of her with her littermates and their owners...

mattgettel 04-12-2010 11:36 AM

beautiful dog. congrats.

deuce 04-12-2010 12:05 PM

Beautiful dog GD.... I am sure that is rewarding, putting a title on a dog. Have you done this with your previous dog(s)?

diamonddad 04-12-2010 12:15 PM

Thanks guys. Our previous dog was just a pet. With this puppy, we are having fun with show, hunt and agility.

dakid 04-12-2010 12:18 PM

congrats! great hat btw! :)

deuce 04-12-2010 12:59 PM

Not to hi-jack... But in my search for a new puppy, I went to my first Obediance Trial a few weeks ago.... It was both intriguing and amazing.... I am not sure I would have the time to devote to such things, but it was fun to be there all the same.

Going to my first show in May.... Equally interested to see what those are all about.... All I have in my mind right now is "Best in Show.";)

diamonddad 04-12-2010 1:07 PM

We watched Best In Show a couple of weeks ago to laugh even harder now that we are in the middle of it.

dakid 04-12-2010 1:13 PM

i really want to sign moby up for agility classes. he's super fast, but the problem is he's easily distracted...if he sees a person he wants to say hi too, he makes a b-line for him/her. (he's a "people-person")

diamonddad 04-13-2010 2:17 PM

Joe, you should try it. Once you get your dog into it they will be pretty driven to do it.

dcwillette 04-15-2010 3:53 PM

I believe a Vizsla is the only breed that ever had a single dog win National level show, hunting, and agility competitions in the same year. It was a long, long time ago and no one has done it sense. I believe I read it in the book Versatile Vizlsa.

aliwake 04-15-2010 4:45 PM

she is so lovely - I don't know why you haven't put up more pics!! :)

diamonddad 04-15-2010 9:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Alice. Yes, she is lovely inside and out. Here are a couple of more shots of our pup with her littermate and our older "rescue" dog.

litlone873 04-20-2010 9:08 PM

Way to go!! Congrats on your first two legs! Are you handling her? Are you going to keep going after JH? How old is she? If she's less than 16 months, you should also consider doing the NAVHDA Natural Ability test. She should pass easily.

It's so good to see people get involved with their dogs in all this stuff. It's SOOOO easy to get sucked in. Why do you think I've been absent from WW for the last couple years? Dog competition has kept me away. it's kept me away from the water to, so it's kinda gotten out of hand.

I would have been out at the hunt test this weekend running Roxie in Senior Hunter, but alas, we are waiting to find out if she's gonna have little Roxie's. So no more testing this season. We'll be back out in the fall.

JJ 04-20-2010 9:44 PM

Wow. I have been wanting a Vizsla so bad. This thread just made it worse :) Yours are beautiful.

diamonddad 04-20-2010 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Renee. Congrats on the puppies!

Diamond got her JH last weekend. 4 passes in 4 tries. She is really figuring this out. Last weekend she found 8 birds and pointed 6. We will be going after senior hunter too. She is also in agility classes on Monday night. And, she is doing well in the show ring. She is a wonderful puppy and a fun hobby generator for us. Here's a pic after her win at the Cow Palace show back in January.

three6ty 04-21-2010 8:30 PM

Thats a good looking Bitch!!

jarrod 04-22-2010 7:03 AM

GD, I think I mentioend this before, but if you come across a rescue Vizsla, I would take one. Buddy needs a play mate