WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through February 04, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211794)
-   -   Tower - for 2nd year of wakeboarding? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206987)

bigredhusker 01-15-2005 6:31 AM

I'm new to the sport, very new. I can do the following tricks: get up, turn, and fall down. I have an old runabout and was thinking about adding a monster tower. Does it make a big difference? It's damm cold here in Missouri so I'm looking and dreaming about spring. I'm 35 so I'm no kid trying this sport, however my 7 year old will be starting this year. thanks

romi 01-15-2005 6:33 AM

Yes it does help. As a beginner it help you to get up but you can fall just as easy. The monster tower is a great value and they at monster are easy to work with.

walt 01-15-2005 7:07 AM

Scott, IMHO a tower will help your riding and there are other benefits of having a tower too. It's really nice to have your boards up and out of the way on tower board racks. And if your boat is a I/O your tow point will be more towards the center of the boat instead of on the stern. That should help your boat plane out a little faster. I have a monster Tower on my boat and love it. I've installed three of them and it's really easy and takes about three hours.

bob 01-15-2005 1:59 PM

Towers do help with many ways, more air, boards out of the boats(with racks-dont forget them and maybe youll get them at a discount if bought at the same time as tower) and spot for tower speakers.

poser007 01-15-2005 3:19 PM

I am pretty much a begginner to, been out maybe 6-7 times. Went out once with a guy who had a tower and loved it. Got up so easy, got more air cause the rope is in the air and the boat just loooks cooler. I am 38 so don't let your age be a crutch, 35 is young. Go for it

waterdog2 01-15-2005 5:45 PM

It wont matter what trick's YOU can do, After you watch your kid get up the first time,jump thier first wake,get tottaly hooked, your riding will come last.

poser007 01-15-2005 9:00 PM

Jeff I have a daughter just turned 10 I can't get her ou there, did finally get her up on some skis. My son just turned 5 and he clings to his mom in the boat. Well that leaves alot of time for Dad in the water lol

waterdog2 01-15-2005 9:15 PM

Ill betcha you were really stoked to see her on ski's ?

01-17-2005 4:48 AM

i personally dont think a tower is gonna help very much. by no means dont take this the wrong way but you are still very much learning your fundamentals. i have no idea how much more float time(im talking about time in the air that is not restricted by downward force) but im sure its not much. if you arent jumping much yet i wouldnt bother with it. its not gonna make you a better rider. however it will free up alot of room in the boat since you are able to put your boards on a rack. if you havent already done so, you will be investing in fat sacs(which i would do before a tower). those take up alot of room so it will be nice to get the boards out of the boat. when you do get a tower i would probably get a monster. i think they are really sharp looking and cost quiet a bit less than other not so good looking towers.

eternalshadow 01-17-2005 11:56 AM

Since we've put a tower on the boat it seems to help get you out of the water a little bit. I immediately found that my float time and therefore my time spent at maximum height greatly increased. Jumping feels more natural with less downward force. I've seen more than one friend learn inverts behind a small outboard with a standard ski pole. So is it a necessity at lower levels? I don't believe it is. As you become a more advanced rider a tower will have more advantages.