WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through July 21, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=349637)
-   -   100 Hour Service Price? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338035)

sharkb8 06-21-2006 3:49 PM

Hey all, <BR> I've searched the threads and can't find anything about an average 100 hr. service price. I have an '05 Calabria Pro-V and got an estimate from the dealer and it seemed pretty high @ $550. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

rake 06-21-2006 4:15 PM

Well I bought all the parts and did mine myself, parts ran about $150.00 for a MC 205V. (Cap, Rotor, Oil Filter, Oil, Transmission Fluid, Transmission Filter &amp; Plugs) The dang transmission filter was the priciest part (45 bucks) and you shouldn't have to do it for a normal 100 hour service, just change the fluid. It took an afternoon and is a great way to become familiar with your boat. <BR> <BR>I'd recommend getting the common parts from an auto parts store (plugs, oil filter &amp; oils) and only buying the specialized parts from the dealer (cap, rotor, etc.) to save additional funds and probably get better quality parts to boot. <BR> <BR>As you can see from the cost of parts, the dealer has quite a mark-up going on labor.

sharkb8 06-21-2006 4:26 PM

Gordon, <BR> That's the route I'm leaning to. According to the Merc. maint. schedule they are changing oil/filter, change trans fluid/filter, replacing fuel filters and checking/lubing steering control and linkages. Nothing else listed...

bigworm 06-22-2006 4:01 AM

if you dont have dripless packing make sure you check that. i wouldnt recommend doing a plugs, cap and rotor at 100hrs its not really needed 100 hours is only like 10k miles in a car, just check all of it out and if you think it needs it then swap them out... $550 is high, were they including an impeller with this?

stanfield 06-22-2006 5:31 AM

400 for oil/filter, tranny fluid, vdrive fluid, and impellar. I'm sure they look over the rest of the boat as well. I could only stomach that much once before I started doing it myself. I can do it in an hour or two for 50 bucks now.

tomcalabria 06-22-2006 11:57 AM

You have an 05 Calabria and it still should be under guarantee. Doing it yourself could negate the warranty. In order for the guarantee to be valid, I believe you have to show schedule maintenance from a licensed mechanic.

jmanolinsky 06-22-2006 12:12 PM

I don't think a warranty can be voided for that reason alone. I think the dealers would like for everyone to believe that, but I bet it is illegal. I'd check with the manufacturer or get some legal advice before I paid outrageous amounts for "dealer service". Just document what you did and keep receipts and records. I could be wrong about this, but I remember reading about it somewhere. <BR> <BR>Jman

sharkb8 06-22-2006 1:16 PM

I'm not trying to pinch pennies. I am trying to get if it's a "reasonable" price or not. Found out it does include impeller, all fluids, cap, rotor, plugs....

wakesetter101 06-22-2006 2:22 PM

Sounds high to me but then again car dealers are charging $100.00 an hour around here to service cars. So, i guess its all in how you look at it. <BR> <BR>I do most everything myself so i say its HIGH.

boarder_x 06-22-2006 2:52 PM

In sac, the going rate is ~$350. The malibu guy will come to your house and do it (no taking it in, no waitin, available the next day) for ~$400.

bigrich 06-22-2006 2:59 PM

Car dealers $100.00 and hour. I work at a dealer in CA (name witheld for obvious reasons) and we start at $160.00. Sorry guys but gas prices are high.

boss210 06-22-2006 3:14 PM

All you need to do is to replace the oil &amp; filter, clean the intake breather, lube the ruter &amp; if you have a grease fitting on the steering cable hit that too, Replace the Fuel water seperator. The impelers are good for two seasons and the plugs, wires,cap &amp; rotors are good for at least 350 hrs. Every other season the trans fluid is good for. Make sure to not over look the trailer, bearings never have a service life, when they go they go.Make sure the boat buddy`s are clean &amp; can move freely, you can tell this when you pack them the springs will bind if too much crap gets in them. Other than that boats have two gears and a comon engine. Very easy to work on.

sharkb8 06-23-2006 8:21 AM

Robb, <BR> Can you shoot me the #? Thanks everyone for your help...