WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   what to eat in SD? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=781142)

pesos 06-29-2010 6:00 PM

what to eat in SD?

preferably walkable/public transportable from gaslamp area

thanks!

ilikebeaverandboats 06-29-2010 6:12 PM

Stay away from that bbq place by the train tracks. Kansas city bbq, its where they shot Top Gun. Expensive and not that great. The Strip Club is pretty good, its a steak house haha i dont think its cheap tho.

If your on coronado island at all, theres a pretty good mex place near the park (best directions i can give haha) and yogurt place thats alright up the street from it.

brettw 06-29-2010 6:39 PM

The Oceanaire is a fantastic seafood restaurant. The last time I went with a couple others, all the entrees and appetizers were really really good. It's become one of my favorite San Diego restaurants.

Strip Club can be fun if you like cooking you're own meat.

There's a bunch of good places down there.

ttrigo 06-29-2010 6:49 PM

cafe 222 has great breakfast. the wait could be a while, but it is well worth it IMO. pizzeria Luigi has good NY style pizza by the slice. that is more of a cab ride distance from gaslamp. I love that whole area. should be back down in august for our annual trip.

pesos 06-29-2010 6:55 PM

cool thanks guys... i am running on 3 hrs sleep so I may just grab some pizza

ilikebeaverandboats 06-29-2010 6:56 PM

Richard walkers for breakfast. Its killer. Long wait most of the time, but well worth it. Its right by the convention center.

blake_hughes 06-29-2010 11:17 PM

The Harbor House in Seaport Village... Really good seafood.

pesos 06-29-2010 11:27 PM

Hane Sushi wasa right around the corner from my client so ended up there - not bad at all

pnichols 06-30-2010 7:29 AM

If you do make it to Coronado Island, check out Peoh's. It's on the water and their food kicks arse.

slipknot 06-30-2010 8:02 AM

I will also say Oceanaire, one my favorites in SD.

dukenukem 06-30-2010 8:35 AM

Lolitas by Petco park, or Sushi Deli north next to the NBC building. Definitely hit the Strip Club though if you're in the Gaslamp!

ottog1979 06-30-2010 12:44 PM

Skip the Strip Club, you cook your own (not that exciting an experience assuming you've BBQ'd before) and it's as expensive as if you were getting served. We thought the rest of the food was average.

2nd Cafe 222 for breakfast - awesome. If you like Mexican & seafood, try Candela's on 4th. The Chilean sea bass is to die for. Make sure to also check out the desert menu. Groovy atmosphere too. If you want to visit a Dublin pub without flying there, a Guinness at The Field on 5th is a favorite. For authentic Spanish tapas and sangria try Cafe Sevilla on 4th. First class seafood with good martini's, try the Blue Point on 5th. For a steakhouse, my favorite is LG's on 6th - make sure to have the caesar salad made table-side. Those are some of my favorites! (this is making me hungry)

ottog1979 06-30-2010 12:58 PM

If you make it to Coronado and want cheaper but very good Mexican food, try Miguel's. It's in the middle courtyard of a hotel across the street from the Hotel Del and has great ambiance.

...still hungry. Time for lunch.