WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakesurfing (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87668)
-   -   Surfing the Sanger V210...weight,and possibly boards? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779166)

gunz 05-04-2010 7:51 AM

Surfing the Sanger V210...weight,and possibly boards?

Okay, it's been awhile,so lets revisit this again.

Sacks are all plumbed,boat is workin great now,so here's what I have.

450's in the V Drive lockers,and the stock 300 or so in the ski locker....if there was a way to fit a bigger one in there,I'd have done it.

I have 3 extra sacks,roughly,a 450-500,a 400,and a 300,ish.Hopefully,I have several hundred lbs of lead coming from Frank......;)

Anyhow,where to put it?

Onto boards.......My daughter has a Walker Grom,so I know it's sized right for her,but me,well?

Behind James,Franks,and Ragboys boats,I've been able to ride just about anything thats been put in front of me.Now I like my Stretch the best,but I think at 230lbs,it'll never happen behind my boat.Currently,I'm riding a Plecebo,at about 4'11",its the biggest board I have.Haven't tried this one behind my boat,but it's a floaty,fast board(wants to head straight into the boat!)

Am I gonna have to go bigger?

Ragboy-What was that board I rode behind your boat,when we did the first big guy ride?
Had the greenish,olive drab grip stuff on it?That was a nice board,nice shape,but I may have to go a bit bigger behind my own boat.

Any way to demo boards behind my own boat?

Help a fellow diehard wakesurfer out.

malibu 05-04-2010 8:20 AM

Sounds like you have plenty of weight! My V210 responds very well to any extra weight I put in. Last year I added a cube sack to the swim platform on the side I ride on. It made a huge difference. I learned this trick from Duffy, he does this with his Avalanche.
With the sack on the back we were able to drive a little faster and still have somme height to our wave. The sack doe's take up space on the swim deck but I like the wave it makes.

gunz 05-04-2010 8:32 AM

I tried this last year with my old set up,may have to try it again....at this point I'll try anything.

rlsv211 05-04-2010 8:40 AM

@ Ricardo

I ride with Frank now and then. I have a Red tide I am going to sell. It is not is the best condition but still rides well. I am 250 so it should be plenty big. If you want to try it let me know.

malibu 05-04-2010 8:42 AM

I am always trying to make my wave bigger too. It's a nice wave but it won't ever be as big as others I have ridden. Last year I got to surf behind several awesome boats. I rode behind 2 Centuion Avalanches, 2 Epics and a Sanger V237. It made me want to buy a new boat but the nice thing about the V210 is it's size. It fits in my garage and I can take it on long road trips during the summer and still afford the gas. I don't want to work all the time to pay for a bigger boat. I would rather be out surfing!

gunz 05-07-2010 9:03 AM

If I put the 500 in the front on the surfside,will it make the wave longer,or just farther back?

Roger,you in the bay area?

malibu 05-07-2010 12:58 PM

When I put weight in the bow I get a longer wave that is not as tall. I ususally run about 2 small bags 100lbs. total on the bow seats. I also put two 5 and two 7 gallon camping water containers inside the big storage compartment, opposite of the drivers side. I push them as far inside as I can. The 5 gallon ones go in first toward the bow and the 7 gallon ones fit beside them. I can still store extra life vests in that compartment. It works great if you surf regular.

rlsv211 05-08-2010 7:17 PM

Ya, I will also be at the Festival one of the days

ralph 05-08-2010 10:20 PM

For surfing I run:
200 pounds steel in front chain locker
150 pounds steel under surf side bow seat
600 pound floor sac full
100 pounds of steel down each gunnel
Custom 350 pound locker tank full on surf side
300 pounds of steel in surf side locker.

Sometimes also run 100 pounds of lead under surf side cabin seat.

With this setup I can have a fun rope-less ride with just a driver (120 pound wife) but when you add people if gets really fun with LOTS of push.
Speed is around 10.5mph & we drive in slight arc because we surf in a bay.

gunz 05-08-2010 11:09 PM

What board you surfin Darren?

ralph 05-08-2010 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alias TT, it doesn't get a good rep here but we love it. Here is a photo of the wake with 5-6 in the boat. I like it better than other boats I have ridden because the wave is long, it gives you more space to play. I haven't ridden any of the "good" boats setup well tho....

ralph 05-08-2010 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another photo of the wave, riding a bit closer in

malibu 05-10-2010 10:24 AM

Nice V210 wave Darren. Our waves are not as tall as the bigger boats but they are a lot of fun to ride. I can't wait to wakesurf behind my V210. I am still healing from a broken and dislocated ankle but I plan to ride in June!

gunz 05-10-2010 11:04 AM

Thanks Darren,your wave looks very surfable.
I got a crew for this week,so I should have it dailed in,as well as some 300lbs of iron to help out.

rocdog 05-13-2010 10:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
That wake is looking good. I have a 07 V215 and have made many changes over the past 4 years of running it. But I pretty much have it dialed. I went out with Dennis and realized Lead was the way to go. The reason I think it works more effectively than bags is that it places the same amount of weight condensed into a small area, places it low and it does not move around like liquid.

I surf the port side of the boat mainly. My setup:
8 - (3 dollar canvas tool bags from Harbor Freight) filled with 60lbs of tire weight lead. They are all inside heavy duty plastic bag inside the canvas bags. Spread out flat on floor of port side V-Drive.
1 - Sac 400lb fly high laid on top of lead bags
1 - Sac under seat running up the port side of boat (long tube style). I think it is maybe 200lb. It is under the seats so it takes up no interior space.
Stock 300lb Balast filled on port side
Maybe some water in the front balast if needed.
I also installed an adjustable Bennett Trim Tab which is a must. It not only allows you to change the ride of your boat through the chop it allows you to dial in your surf wave.

Bottom line is I have no bags taking up any interior seating or walking space and nothign on the rear deck. With the adjustable Trim tab I can make a super steep tall shorter wake or change it to a super long mellow fun wave. all on the fly.

The Sanger hull is shaped pretty well also for surf. That helps also.

gunz 05-14-2010 6:35 AM

Thats a good lookin wake.
215 is a bigger hull,I wish I had one.
My 210 sits low,I mean LOW in the water.When I fill just the sacks(solid 450's easy) in the vdrive lockers,it's like rubrail low.
I recently picked up a fairly large trim tab,but the only way it'll work,is if I cut it down shorter,due to the FAE.

Picking up some lead/steel weight today at the Wake9 wakefest.