WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Sanger V215 speaker locations (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777537)

repo 03-14-2010 11:59 PM

Sanger V215 speaker locations

3 Attachment(s)
I've just bought a 06 V215 thats never had a stereo system in it. Where are the best spots to locate the speakers around the boat. I'm not really worried about the tower yet. What have you done on yours?

ryanw209 03-15-2010 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know about the best place for speakers but I can tell you mine has two in the kickplate under the forward facing rear seat, one pointing toward the driver under the observers seat and one on the side panel next to the drivers right leg facing to the port side of the boat.

camassanger 03-15-2010 11:48 AM

I also have Sanger V215. I have 4 in the cabin also - the front 2 are same as Ryans (very good location IMO). But, my rear two are on the right and left side toward the back (just to the left and right of the arrows Ryan drew). Mine came that way. I am glad they are on the right and left - took a big wave over the bow last summer - huge wave into the boat. Water puddled up in rear against back seat (right where Ryans speakers are). Took a minute or so for the water to seep into the bilge. I hope that doesnt happen again, but my speakers were safe...

Ian - I have complete pics of my whole system install if you are interested. I put the whole system up under the drivers dash - completely out of the way. No loss of storage. Let me know if you're interested - PM me with your email and I'll get you some pics of what I did. I fit a 10" alpine sub up under there too :-)

dave27 03-15-2010 11:55 AM

I don't like having the speakers near the rear seat at your heals. They get kicked all the time. It would be ok if you had some really robust speaker grills. If you have young kids, make sure the grills are sealed enough so the kids don't poke holes in the cones. Good luck, I am intersted to follow this post. I don't like my stereo at all.

soundbox 03-15-2010 3:50 PM

Here is a link that shows a build we did last year. We did the rear speakers on the sides because of other customers complaining about the speakers being kicked when exiting the cabin towards the sub deck. Hope this helps.

Link: 2009 Sanger V215 stereo, tint, bimini...

hatepain 03-15-2010 4:21 PM

I have mine in the same location up front but as earlier stated the aft cabin speakers are best installed out to the sides. The rear board slopes and very often people stepping down from the transom scrape their feet/ankles on them. I have had 0 problems with the side mounted option and I have lots of people in the boat most of the time including kids, of which I have 3. The sub is best put in the driver foot well moving back the false wall to hide it. If you want speakers in the bow you have to make pods for them and have them firing forward out of the cup holder area.

dave27 03-16-2010 7:43 AM

I want to see pics of the sub under the driver dash. My heater is there can I still stuff one under there?