WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through May 04, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=227721)
-   -   Ipod Adapter (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218052)

bronco991 03-20-2005 7:42 AM

I just got the Tige 22i and was wondering if any of you have ran an auxilary cord to the drivers seat and how you did it? Thanks

loux2 03-21-2005 8:10 AM

I have an MC X2 and ran the auxilary cord around the bow to the glove box. I purchased a 20' 1/8" mini jack to male RCA's from Belkin. Sounds great. The cord was $20.00. Although this is working fine I feel the cord is a little on the cheap side. I am ordering a Monster cable IP-400 20' RCA to 1/8" mini jack form Wild West Electronics. Their number is 877-936-8494. If you are running the Clarion XMD3 you can boost the aux input sensitivity. Check your owners manual. Also Grant has posted how to do this, but I don't rember off the top of my head. Let us know the results. Good Luck!

bronco991 03-21-2005 10:37 AM

Do you have the link on where he posted it? Also you think 20' is long enough? My stereo is on the left side and i want the ipod to be on the drivers dash

mossy44 03-21-2005 10:14 PM

Louis - how much did that run you? i have the same boat and was looking to do the same. monster can make any length for you, correct?

sculpter 03-21-2005 11:08 PM

Kyle: If you have the owners manual for the Clarion deck it will be in there. I remember when Grant Boosted his aux input sensitivity gains on the deck, we found the directions in the manual.

mossy44 03-22-2005 9:55 PM

i tried to find the link that louis was talking about where grant posted about this. anybody know what the title was? maybe i just overlooked it.

loux2 03-23-2005 9:44 AM

Matt, the 20' Monster cable is $106.00 from Wild West Electronics. <BR>Kyle, I cannot find the link. However to select the AUX input sensitivity on a Clarion XMD3: Prss and hold the "T" button for 1 second or longer to switch to the adjustment selection display. Pres the side to side arrow button button and select "AUX SENS". Press the up and down arrow button and select "HIGH". Press the "T" button to return to the previous mode. You can down load the XMD-3 owners manual from the Clarion web site. I hope this helps good luck. <BR>Oh ya one last thing to complicate things a little. I plan on taking Grants advice and getting a line driver. This will boost the signal of the preamp output. I believe Harold said it made his I-pod sound like it was on steriods. Good Luck.

bronco991 03-23-2005 12:24 PM

How have you ran it to the drivers side? Around the bow or my dealer told me to drill thorough and run it under the carpet straight there

loux2 03-24-2005 8:52 AM

I am not a big fan of drilling holes. So I ran the wires from my cup holder on the drivers side around the bow and into the deck located in the glove box. I epoxed wire clips to the fiberglass on the underside around the bow. So when you remove the bow seats you do not see the wires. I also have my sub wire and bass control knob wired this way.

mossy44 03-24-2005 12:36 PM

wow....$106. didnt realize they were that expensive. right now i have a short one that i just have running to the passenger side. might just stick with that for now.