WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   The G23! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799226)

MCObray 07-22-2013 8:24 PM

The G23!

I went to the surf demo put on by Active Water Sports. It was apart of Liquid Force's Trip Across America so all surf boards were of the LF flavor. In the video there is a Chase Sixer, Tommy Custom Skim, and Custom Thruster. The G23 puts out a great wake, and this was only with factory ballast. NSS was sweet and only took 4 seconds to activate and deploy creating a similar performing/appearing wake on starboard & port sides.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BfqAp4L7Qpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MCObray 07-22-2013 8:39 PM

Edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong section, so Mod feel free to move if need be. Thanks.

LTRGUY261 07-23-2013 7:11 AM

Even through they were goofy the whole time, the port wake looked even better every time they tried to cross over to it.

MCObray 07-23-2013 7:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTRGUY261 (Post 1835169)
Even through they were goofy the whole time, the port wake looked even better every time they tried to cross over to it.

Yeah, everyone including I rides goofy, so it would've been nice to see the port wake for an extended amount of time. I wonder what side prop rotation favors...

22vdrive 07-23-2013 7:41 AM

Wave looks awesome for stock although they need an FAE to divert those exhaust vapors.

Dmac420sj 07-23-2013 8:03 AM

Never surfed. But it looks easy.

kimper 07-23-2013 10:17 AM

Looks fun!

I really want to see a G23 wave with 3k on surf side.
Also what was up with that exhaust!?
Careful, my wife got mild CO poisoning a few weeks ago. Getting Fresh Air Exhaust put on my X30 today actually!

tonyv420 07-23-2013 10:36 AM

Wave looks a bit flat, and lots of fumes. When is someone gonna really sac this G-23 out, so we can see what it is really capable of ?

MCObray 07-23-2013 2:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 22vdrive (Post 1835181)
Wave looks awesome for stock although they need an FAE to divert those exhaust vapors.

Yeah FAE would have been a significant improvement and eliminated any steam coming from the hull. The swim platform sits too high on the G.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac420sj (Post 1835188)
Never surfed. But it looks easy.

You out to try. Every one can do it, as well as progression being unlimited the more you do it. Low-impact helps too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimper (Post 1835214)
Looks fun!

I really want to see a G23 wave with 3k on surf side.
Also what was up with that exhaust!?
Careful, my wife got mild CO poisoning a few weeks ago. Getting Fresh Air Exhaust put on my X30 today actually!

I believe the 10K Lakes Wakesurf event is pulled by a G23... i'm sure they weight heavily + the 2850# that is factory ballast on the G would throw a killer wake. It was just steam and I did not experience any headaches afterwards. FAE would definitely be a nice, comforting addition on the G23 though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyv420 (Post 1835220)
Wave looks a bit flat, and lots of fumes. When is someone gonna really sac this G-23 out, so we can see what it is really capable of ?

Wake was rampy. It was steam. Lots ride it sac'd out for wakeboarding, but have yet to really see a sac'd out G for surfing. Hopefully 10K surf event will change that. NSS is awesome though!

johnboyy7 07-23-2013 2:42 PM

the fumes could be from cold water.

the lip of the wave is not never clean.

i think even with nss the boat still needs to be weighted properly. i would like to the the wave after dialed in.

MCObray 07-23-2013 2:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnboyy7 (Post 1835274)
the fumes could be from cold water.

the lip of the wave is not never clean.

i think even with nss the boat still needs to be weighted properly. i would like to the the wave after dialed in.

Aside from a VLX with 11 people in it, front MLS, center MLS, starboard MLS, and 750 sac in locker, this is the best wake I have been behind... and it was only pushing stock ballast. I agree, the more weight the better. I think conventional listing will provide a much better wake, but then again these surf tools (Surf Gate & NSS) are much more family-friendly and "turn-key".