WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   New Tige Project 1999 2100V -Freeride tower (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783819)

robandrus 09-26-2010 12:40 PM

New Tige Project 1999 2100V -Freeride tower

2 Attachment(s)
I'll have to get some pictures up, but I just bought a 1999 Tige 2100V. First thing I did was yank the fugly tower off of it and order a new one off of ebay. I had used the Aerial Airborne on my last Tige so I was tempted to go that way again, instead I figured I'd try something new and I'm trying out the Aerial Freeride. I've been jealous of my brother with his Malibu so I thought it was worth a shot. Here are some pics.

ldr 09-27-2010 8:33 AM

What happened to the last Tige and what's the story on this one?

Rick_O 09-27-2010 3:46 PM

Where's the pics with the new tower?

robandrus 09-27-2010 8:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm always doing project boats, seems like I fix them way more than I get to ride. Thats gotta change. The old Tige got nice and I made a good profit off it. But I also spent about three months out of work this spring so keeping it wasn't an option. This one I picked up for a good price based on the time of the year. The old tower was pretty crappy, it has perfectpass, a bimini and a good interior, it runs so the plan is to replace the stereo, paint the trailer and clean it up. Hopefully get to use it. Here's some pics, sorry for making you wait. I'll take some more, kicker ktm6's already hanging, board racks on the way.

This tower was a little more labor intensive and required careful planning, along with some experienced guessing to put it together. It didn't come with instructions and I had to get them off of the website. However, now that its up I thinks it looks great and I'm excited to give it a try. Seems very stable, Putting it up and down is a bit of a pain, the quick release system isn't. Still required an allen wrench and some work to make things line up right.

spencerwm 09-28-2010 11:02 AM

I like it.

jacobs0222i 09-28-2010 1:31 PM

I like it too. i think you need to take some better pics of it.

jdoggy_73 09-28-2010 10:28 PM

i like it... is the play sand for kiddies or ballast?

I'd also look to get rid of the fugly numbers: https://3dlettering.com/wiki.aspx/Home

Best 40 bucks I've spent on the boat.

-- Jeff

robandrus 09-29-2010 7:12 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it. Just got my first ride behind it tonight. Very solid. I wish they had a hand knob for the heim joint that you need to take it out to fold it down. Yep, the sand was for the boat. 700lbs from home depot. I call that a good base. Has another 880 in bags for the back. I put all the sand around the console area. Wake was clean and had a good shape. It was only 5-6' where I was riding so the wake was a little small but not bad. Definite potential. Perfect pass would only work on RPM mode but I was much happier and so was my wife than the last time she tried to drive for me. Here are some more pics.

robandrus 09-29-2010 7:13 PM

Should I go for black or chrome racks?

jacobs0222i 09-29-2010 7:29 PM

I think that black would look better with that tower.

Fiveflat 06-06-2011 2:18 PM

I have a 21V and I really like that tower but I wanted to know how it's holding up for you. Do you still like it?

Also, for the front mounts of that tower, did you use the stock tower rear mounts or did you drill 4 entirely new holes for it?

Lohe 06-06-2011 4:05 PM

I went and looked at this boat before I got mine. It was a project boat glad some one is fixing it up I defiantly didnt want to spend the time. But the one I got has also turned into a project boat as well. :rolleyes: Where at in UT are you I am in the Draper area.

I ended up putting the aerial assualt tower on mine.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/P1010270.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/P1010271.jpg

Same thing the "folding down" of the tower is anything but quick... Also the instructions are a joke.

clayton191 06-06-2011 9:22 PM

Both boats look great... I really like that black tower...

wakebrdr94 06-06-2011 10:12 PM

that forward black tower looks good on that boat. how solid is it? any rattling or vibration issues?

sbronco68 06-08-2011 8:17 PM

Hey Kevin have you had any problems with your Aerial Assualt tower shaking? I put one on my boat about 6months ago and have been working on it even since to get the shake out. I have made huge 1/2 aluminum backing plates, tig welded all the joint together and the dam thing stil shakes way to much in my opinion. I talked to Aerial and they said they had to thru bolt there's to get some of the shake out. I'm almost ready to pull it off my boat but now I have all these mounting holes drilled for it.

Tjay 06-08-2011 8:32 PM

I had problems with the heim joints on the aerial freeride. They are crap and shake side to side internal. No other problems other than that. So far....

robandrus 02-23-2012 8:32 PM

Sorry for the delay in getting back on here. Seems like I stopped doing wakeworld all the time when they changed the forums.

Tower was always solid for me. Like I said the install was a little rough. Getting it to be perfectly level was a chore. No rattles though. I cut the top arms so that it would be more narrow and wanted it as low as possible so it resembled the malibu more. I would do this tower again though. I really liked it. Really a great wake on this boat as well.

I ended up selling the boat last summer as I also bought a 2002 X-star project boat that consumed all my time. If I had to choose, I actually prefer the Tige wake.

ilikebeaverandboats 02-23-2012 8:39 PM

Where do you live dude!? Looks like killer place. Very jealous!

brycejb328 02-26-2012 5:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry if I missed it, but did you end up plumbing in ballast on that tige? I just picked this up a few weeks ago. Havent rode it yet but already love the interior room.

Mine has a ballast system in place, but the layout is not idea so I am changing things up and doing a new thru hull intake and drains and vents

Wiatowski 02-27-2012 10:16 AM

Anybody have any input on the Aerial Ascent tower?

robandrus 02-28-2012 8:44 AM

Joey, I live in Saratoga Springs Utah, right on Utah lake. Summer is absolute heaven, hate the long Utah winters, but I guess thats why they invented snowboarding and snowmobiling.

robandrus 02-28-2012 8:50 AM

Bryce, nice looking boat. Love the black tower. Actually thinking about powdercoating the tower on my 02 X-star. Love the tige wake. Only gets better with weight. Really meaty wake. I always throw in about 700 of sand bags around the dash, then some big bags in the back. Tons of storage in these and places to hide weight.

As for ballast, I used to do the simple simer pump systems, but they're slow and use tons of juice. Lately I run down to Walmart and pick up Tsunami 800's for $30 each. Best way to do it is just make sure your fill hose is looped high up in the boat and fill from above, and the drain is in the back.

You just need a couple of through hull fittings, some pvc sprinkler pipe and some regular bilge hose. You end up with a quiet, fast and easy system.