WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Trashed my BRAND NEW RZ4....stupid morons... (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798801)

FastR3DN3K 06-25-2013 4:36 PM

Trashed my BRAND NEW RZ4....stupid morons...

So I finally picked up my brand new Tige RZ4 2 weeks ago and love it! Rode the crap out of it and actually had to take it in after 4 days to have the break in service done. Decided to take it out one more time with some friends this past Saturday before heading back offshore...only to have those nasty gremlins and a drunk dumbass wreak havoc on me. Stereo crapped out (luckily was just a bad ground connection), winch strap on the trailer broke while loading it, and looks like some assclown in a pontoon hit me while docked at the marina when we were eating....Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be on the water.

Hoping the smaller one will be pretty easy to fix, the big one up top however is through both layers of gelcoat all the way into the fiberglass

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a.../IMG_17921.jpg
http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/a.../IMG_17931.jpg

phatboypimp 06-25-2013 5:35 PM

I just threw up

NotSure123 06-25-2013 5:43 PM

EEEEEK!!!! Soo sorry to see!!! Can you track that guy down and make him pay?? Maybe there were some cameras at the marina...?

murphy_smith 06-25-2013 5:44 PM

My thoughts

As far as the winch goes you would be better of sinking that trailer and not power loading your boat. It looks like you have a black hull and the quickest way to scratch up the hull is to power load or crank that winch hard b/c you did not sink the trailer. I have a black hull and i tell truck driver to make the exhaust tip touch the water.

As far as the drunk dumbass - make that the first and the last time he goes out in that boat!

Scratches happen - it can be fixed

CarZin 06-25-2013 5:45 PM

Awful. Really sorry that happened to you. I assume the other driver is paying and there were witnesses.

FastR3DN3K 06-25-2013 6:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphy_smith (Post 1830079)
My thoughts

As far as the winch goes you would be better of sinking that trailer and not power loading your boat. It looks like you have a black hull and the quickest way to scratch up the hull is to power load or crank that winch hard b/c you did not sink the trailer. I have a black hull and i tell truck driver to make the exhaust tip touch the water.

As far as the drunk dumbass - make that the first and the last time he goes out in that boat!

Scratches happen - it can be fixed

Yeah, I usually put the trailer pretty far down into the water, but I guess I should've ditch the passengers first. The ramp was crazy busy that night and we were trying to get out of there pretty quick. Luckily warranty will take care of it. As for the scratches, yeah I know they're going to happen, and I'm OK with the small ones. But this was ridiculous. I don't know who did it, there was no boat next to me when I docked it, and whoever did it hauled ass before we got back. So I'm pretty much SOL on the damage. Hoping the shop wont be too bad on the quote to fix it, but I have a feeling that the vinyl is going to be stupid expensive. But if I do find out who it was that hit me I will probably make sure they never want to be within a mile of another body of water ever again.

bruizza 06-27-2013 7:25 AM

That is awful man!

bjames 06-27-2013 11:53 AM

Judging by the gouge, that would have been a pretty hard hit by the pontoon. Sorry to see these, althought its fixable, it still very hard to swallow.

Jmorlan 06-27-2013 1:28 PM

One of my bunks cracked and put a gouge similar to that in my boat a few weeks ago, on the bottom of the side of the hull though. Pretty similar in size, but deeper, through the glass and into the foam.
$300 at the shop, can't even tell anything happened. Shouldn't be too bad of a bill for you.

I cringed when I showed my gf this.
Very nice boat though!

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

FastR3DN3K 06-27-2013 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjames (Post 1830404)
Judging by the gouge, that would have been a pretty hard hit by the pontoon. Sorry to see these, althought its fixable, it still very hard to swallow.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was someone who had no clue how to operate a water craft of any kind. The marina we were at rents a ton of boats (including Tiges ironically) and all of their boats are trashed cause no one knows how to take care of them. And I know it happened at the marina while we were docked because it wasn't there when I walked around the boat that morning, we didn't tie off to anyone that day, and weren't anywhere close to where the water is shallow and has hidden underwater "treasures". What sucks is the piers on each slip are ridiculously short; the one I was parked in left about 8' of my RZ4 sticking out past the end of the dock. I'm guessing it was some guy who thought he could just whip his pontoon in there like it was a car and had no concept of reverse throttle

FastR3DN3K 06-27-2013 4:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorlan (Post 1830429)
One of my bunks cracked and put a gouge similar to that in my boat a few weeks ago, on the bottom of the side of the hull though. Pretty similar in size, but deeper, through the glass and into the foam.
$300 at the shop, can't even tell anything happened. Shouldn't be too bad of a bill for you.

I cringed when I showed my gf this.
Very nice boat though!

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.

That makes me feel a little better, although I haven't even made the first payment on it yet. It sucks I'm gonna have to pay to have the glass fixed before I even make the payment to the bank. I honestly think I'm less worried about the cost of the glass and more worried that the vinyl is gonna cost as much as the repair. If that's the case I guess I'll just end up peeling all the vinyls, which is gonna piss the wife off, but oh well I guess...

ilikebeaverandboats 06-27-2013 6:46 PM

thats a drag dude!

I can't handle people like that, I don't go to the lake on the weekends unless its december... I stick to weekday evenings.

JamesHawk101 07-01-2013 11:04 PM

Why would you peel off all the vinyls? Just cut it so it looks like it supposed to be there. I scratched them on my G23 and you can hardly noticed I did so.

FastR3DN3K 07-02-2013 4:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesHawk101 (Post 1831235)
Why would you peel off all the vinyls? Just cut it so it looks like it supposed to be there. I scratched them on my G23 and you can hardly noticed I did so.

Honestly I can just replace the couple stripes that are cut, but I imagine that the dealer is going to make me buy the entire decal, and you know how that sort of thing usually goes...probably gonna cost more than the repair itself :banghead:. I'd rather not try to piece together half of stripe here and there without a good point to transition or blend the graphic, plus with it being in probably the most visible portion of the boat I'd rather do it right and just replace the whole line. I also have seen a couple RZs with the rear graphics peeled that don't look half bad, and it'll give me a head start on the peel for a new wrap when my wife gets tired of the color (like she seems to do with everything after a couple years)