WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Discovery Bay (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796939)

Mastertug16 02-13-2013 10:08 AM

Discovery Bay

Looking to get some opinions of discovery bay. Looking to buy a house on the water and wanted to get any insights from people who know the area or live on the water. Any information would be great! Thank you!

breakz77 02-14-2013 8:22 AM

You couldn't ask for anything more!

The only thing I would say is if you live in the way back you'll have 30 mins of idle time to get to fast water. Try to buy as close to fast water as you can :)

leaks 02-14-2013 11:52 AM

Buy with the waterside of the house facing East. That way you can enjoy the backyard / dock in the afternoons. Otherwise, it gets too hot to hang out on the deck. As Myke said, The more south/west you go into the area, the longer to fast water. Upto 40 minutes in some cases.
Ive lived there for 24 years now. Wouldnt change a thing!

diamonddad 02-15-2013 9:56 AM

Discobay is what it is.

It's not pretty like a mountain lake but it's easy to get to from the bay area and it presents some of the best watersports water in the world.

I have had a house there for many years and I love it. Yes, closer to fast water is better. And, eastern exposure is better for the sun/wind.

Prices are good now. Will never be better. Make your move before they start running up.

Here's a sweet pad:

http://maxebrdi.paragonrels.com/publ...6f8&Report=Yes

Shawn 02-17-2013 11:28 AM

It is like living on vacation...literally. I had a pad that was pretty far back off of fast water +/- 25 min, and it was not bad considering I timed the amount of time it took me to get to Orwood, get the trailer and pull outta the water...still was shorter and then I was home!

The commute can be a KILLER if you are going into the Bay Area daily...one of the worst in the country...which was the reason I ended up moving out, but man...I miss it!

Mastertug16 02-18-2013 8:41 AM

Thanks for all of the great information.! Any of you guys have to replace your deck? If so what material did you go with? Thanks Again!

diamonddad 02-18-2013 10:15 AM

My deck is a brock. It's awesome. I would consider a wood deck to be a big negative.

Note, your pressure washer will become your friend because the farmland air drops dirt a lot of dirt. My deck needs a cleaning every 2 to 3 weeks in the summer.

Mastertug16 03-05-2013 9:30 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Im wondering if there are any rules or regulations as far as living on the delta. Such as washing your boat while on a lift, or pressure washing your dock? Will you be fined for using soap that is not biodegradable? Any useful websites? Tried to find some information but nothing has come up. Thank you

leaks 03-06-2013 8:08 AM

In all my 24 years of living in Disco, Boat washing, deck washing, etc. has never been an issue. Soap is the least of my concirns when it comes to "Stuff" in the Delta. All you locals know what I mean. Lol.

Mastertug16 03-18-2013 6:58 PM

Thanks for all the great information! We signed papers the other night and should be getting our keys sometime this week! Any recommendations for a good tile contractor? I would like to get some work done to one of the bathrooms. Thanks for all the help!

Michael 03-19-2013 9:04 AM

Greg,

I just use dawn dish soap hoping that it will clear up the water.lol

Michael 03-19-2013 9:18 AM

Chris,

Call my buddy Jason Polimeno at;

Green Stone Construction
209-249-8635
www.greenstoneconstruction.com

They have been in the business forever. They own a very large counter top/ stone buisness, They even build our 6K sqft home, complete with marble floors etc. Green Stone is their bathroom division, great pricing too.

leaks 03-19-2013 10:32 AM

@ Michael; gonna need a bigger bottle to clear up the Dirty D. Lol.
@ Chris; Congrats. What street you moving onto ??
Second that on calling Jason P. Ive known the family for many years. You wont be dissapointed.

Michael 03-19-2013 10:44 AM

@Greg, Simple green is my favorite pollutant

Mastertug16 03-19-2013 7:29 PM

Thanks for the contact information! The house is on Monterey court. It is a little far from fast water but we are just happy to be on the water! Thank you again! Hopefully I will be able to meet you guys sometime in the near future!

leaks 03-20-2013 6:49 AM

@ Chris; Your pretty deep in, but your on the water, with your boat in the back yard. Thats more than 99% of anyone else can say :)

Shawn 03-21-2013 8:37 PM

I too was pretty far off of fast water (20min +/-)...and every time I thought it was a long ride I though to myself..."you know who has a longer ride...EVERYONE ELSE NOT living on the Delta"...and smiled knowing it was a good problem to have as I idle back to my boat dock!

diamonddad 03-22-2013 12:17 AM

My house is about 15 minutes from fast water. It's not that big a deal. It just means you go out and come back once per day but thats kind of a given on the delta. The ride out is boring. The ride back is usually a nice time to listen to music, have a beer, untangle ropes and get the gear together. Once home, it's time to BBQ overlooking your dock vs trailering/driving home.