WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   Official NFL Smack Talking Thread 2010! (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782586)

seattle 08-10-2010 5:20 PM

Official NFL Smack Talking Thread 2010!

That's right boys and girls, it's that time of year again.:D

I normally start off with with a detailed game by game prediction of my glorious Hawks. This year, I'm going to make my predictions one game at a time. This will allow those who foolishly side with teams other than My Boys to come on board as the wins we rack up make or total domination glaringly apparent.

I hereby proclaim this season the dawn of the Carol era. What does this mean you ask? This means we are no longer going to be ok with sub par performance. Paul Allen has given Petey an open check book and free reign to do as he sees fit in order to finally elevate the Seahawks to Superbowl Champs. Many of you will say "here he goes again" and that's ok. We may not make it to the big show this year but I predict we win our division and manage to win at least our first playoff game. That will be accomplishment enough for me this year and still afford plenty "in your face" smack talk as the season progresses. With that said, I hereby kick off the 2010 Smack Talking Thread!

Enjoy this season's thread, it should be a good one.;)

And here we go!

First pre season win this Saturday will be a brutal beat down of the pathetic Titans

iridelow1998 08-10-2010 6:49 PM

Cliff, you're killing me. Your early predictions allow me to obtain extra funds to play with every year. Come on buddy, just for the fun of things throw out the yearly list where the hawks go 13-3 or maybe 12-4 if you aren't completely confident in their abilities. Help a brotha out!! ;)

cwb4me 08-10-2010 6:58 PM

they must have some really good drugs on the left coast. ! LOL

dakid 08-10-2010 7:05 PM

pretty pathetic when you can't even spell your team's coach's name right. ;)

wake77 08-10-2010 7:45 PM

The pathetic Titans? CJ can run circles around that nonexistent defense of the "glorious Hawks".

You have a lot of faith in ole C-A-R-R-O-L-L. You must have amnesia from his last stint in the NFL.

seattle 08-11-2010 5:53 AM

Oh no... I mispelled his last name. What's next... I abandon the use of capitals in my sentences?:rolleyes:

Dirt,

This will be my redemption season Buddy!;)

sidekicknicholas 08-11-2010 8:55 AM

Packers are going far.
The 49ers are going to win their division and upset someone first round of the playoffs.
Brett Favre WILL be back... and I hope he gets a superbowl and then retires for good.

This year is honestly the most exciting year since I can remember.... a lot of teams are going to be good, and the bad ones shouldn't be as bad as they have been.... I'm really exciting for this year though...

..... oh, .and F**K the cowboys.

cwb4me 08-11-2010 10:14 AM

ahh the cowboy haters are already showing up. but they think the packers and minnesota will both be in the playoffs. as for carroll i think he bailed on usc before the sh@t hit the fan. nothing to indicate seattle will be better.i agree 49ers should give cards and seattle trouble.minnesota and green bay should fight it out up north chicago third and ahh yes detroit they should be good for 3 or 4 wins this year.over in the east the cowboys look to be the cream of the crop with philly ,washington and giants trying to figure out all their new peices. down south the saints should still be marching while carolina and atlanta battle for second and tampa continues to rebuild.in the afc west chargers still have the talent. then the broncos,raiders and kfc . oh thats right they are not chicken they are chiefs any way last place for the chiefs.in the south the colts will dominate peyton is the man the titans should be good the texans will improve yes better than 8-8 and jacksonville will mop up after they miss the dance again. up north things will change baltimore has all the pieces,cincinnati has some momentum pittsburgh has too many distractions and lost too much talent cleveland may win a couple more this year.in the east the jets have all the pieces if they can get revis signed if not miami or new england could be in the drivers seat. buffalo will bring up last again. no i didn't forget the rams in the west but you will. so who do i see in the super bowl . the strongest team at the end of the year. but they will be playing in dallas at jerrys world. should be the biggest superbowl crowd on record.LETS GO PLAY SOME FOOTBALL!

mendo247 08-11-2010 10:15 AM

Bummed we can't have a bet this year Cliff. Maybe we'll be able to have a bet in the playoffs lol

misteve 08-11-2010 1:29 PM

Cliff, have you gone down to the VMAC to see any of the open to the public mini-camp practices? I went last week and it was freaking sweet!

wake77 08-11-2010 2:00 PM

"Paul Allen has given Petey an open check book"

An "open check book" and your QB's are Hasselbeck, Losman, and Whitehurst. How much was in the account, fifty bucks?

seattle 08-12-2010 5:54 AM

Steve,

I stopped by there and got a two fer. Sark was down there with some of his staff checking out a practice. Cool to see Pete and Steve chatting it up.

08-12-2010 8:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hasselbeck is already ****ting his pants just thinking about playing this guy again. Go NINERS!!!

08-12-2010 8:51 AM

Cliff! You're bumming me out man. Your game by game analysis leading to an undefeated seahag season is the highlight of this thread. That being said, I don't have to ask where the superbowl will be this year - it'll be right here in dallas - starring the cowboys and whoever comes in second.

iridelow1998 08-12-2010 9:35 AM

Big D, Amen to that!!! Go Cowboys!!!

wake77 08-12-2010 9:37 AM

Romo always chokes in the big game. The Cowboys will be watching the Superbowl, in the stands or on TV. Bears are the team to watch from the NFC.

seattle 08-14-2010 9:12 PM

"An "open check book" and your QB's are Hasselbeck, Losman, and Whitehurst. How much was in the account, fifty bucks? "

You may want to reconsider your critisism of Whitehurst considering his performance tonight.:rolleyes:

"The pathetic Titans? CJ can run circles around that nonexistent defense of the "glorious Hawks"."

CJ taken out already and the rest of Titians sure are looking sharp tonight.:p

wake77 08-15-2010 9:37 AM

Preseason? I have never seen a team earn a playoff berth based on a preseason performance. Let's talk when the regular season starts.

mjfan23 08-15-2010 11:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2prqqAs00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDfnG4nlQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cOcILhz_c

behindtheboat 08-16-2010 6:05 AM

^^^^still a bengals fan or converting to a broncos?

baitkiller 08-16-2010 11:38 AM

I am geographically centered between Miami (your-ami) and Tampa. Loved the Bucs during the Dungy and Chucky years. Now... not so much. Much as I can't stand Jimmy Buffet I may find myself a Dolphins fan this year.

behindtheboat 08-16-2010 11:48 AM

As long as B Marshall is rocking UCF shirts on ESPN interviews, I'm a fan too

jessemitchell 08-16-2010 3:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperbet (Post 1621039)
Hasselbeck is already ****ting his pants just thinking about playing this guy again. Go NINERS!!!

http://www.grandforksherald.com/medi...9/27/lewis.jpg

dakid 08-16-2010 3:31 PM

welcome to a new era; cliff having no faith in his team to make the annual season predictions this year.

mjfan23 08-16-2010 4:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by behindtheboat (Post 1622617)
^^^^still a bengals fan or converting to a broncos?

What a terrible question! Who Dey.

Believe it or not, I'm not the worlds biggest Tebow fan. He will go down as a college great, and I hope he has a great NFL career. My favorite Gator last year was Joe Haden, by far.

With that being said, I cannot stand the reason people bash Tebow. The guy has done nothing but win, be a great role model, and a class act. Football needs more people like this, the world needs more people like this. People hate because he got all kinds of EPSN time, do you really think he chose that? he had no say in what ESPN or other news stations talk about.

Broncos played the Bengals last night, i'd bet Tebow gets 2nd string reps, brady quinn did nothing right (as usual).

seattle 08-16-2010 5:28 PM

I've got plenty of faith in my Boys. My predictions will come on a weekly basis this year. I'll put it out there right now... Hawks go ten and six. Matt has his best year since 05 due in large part to Okung's domination on the line and our deep lineup of talented receivers.

I can't wait for San Fran to roll into our house for the opener.

Bold enough for Ya?

cwb4me 08-16-2010 5:40 PM

i'm not a niners fan cliff , but you better not invite too many people over. you don't want them to see a grown man cry when the niners CRUSH the squawks!

behindtheboat 08-17-2010 6:20 AM

Eric, Is Shipley going to blow up like I'm expecting? Might reach and nab him in fantasy

mjfan23 08-17-2010 7:32 AM

^ he has looked awesome thus far. With everyone focused on Chad, TO, and Gresham, it leaves a window for Shipley in the slot. He runs excellent routes, and hes a very good kick return guy. I have been pumped with his progress.

sidekicknicholas 08-17-2010 4:36 PM

When Favre wasn't coming back and the Vikings odds to win it all dropped I should have put money on them, because now that
BRETT FAVRE IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!! hopefully they're super bowl bound!

I wish I was in San Fran next week, 9ers vs. Favre - my two favorite things in football

08-18-2010 7:07 AM

No talk of Manning and the Colts....hmmm

I think they have a huge shot this year!!

seattle 08-18-2010 2:10 PM

Silly Cheese Heads... we're gonna send you and your stupid hats home with a loss this week.

baitkiller 08-18-2010 5:45 PM

Tebow got hurt. He is done before he got started.

You heard it here first.

Shhhhhhh...

sidekicknicholas 08-19-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Silly Cheese Heads... we're gonna send you and your stupid hats home with a loss this week.
Maybe - if so, congrats on a pre-season win....

come regular season the Packers are going to dominate the seahawks.... it will be ugly. The Pack are going to be good this year - Vikes v. Pack game this year is going to be reaaaaaaal close.

wake77 08-19-2010 12:52 PM

^The Packers will finish third in their division, behind the Vikes and the Bears, who I feel are going to be surprisingly good this year.

cwb4me 08-19-2010 12:59 PM

jeremy shame on you for saying da bears and good in the same sentence.thats not proper grammer.

jeff_mn 08-19-2010 1:45 PM

Vikings. Its our year.

Get well quick Percy.

sidekicknicholas 08-19-2010 2:50 PM

Vikes - 1st
Pack - 2nd (close second)
Bears - 3rd
Detroit - 4th - but not as awful as last year

cwb4me 08-19-2010 7:07 PM

preseason doesn't mean a whole lot unless your stars get injured.

athleticmale 08-19-2010 7:33 PM

I am with you Cliff, they will do good this year, and then probably get screwed by the refs in XLV down in Texas.

cwb4me 08-19-2010 7:40 PM

^^^they got screwed against the steelers those refs were wearing black and gold.i'm not a steelers fan or a seahawks fan but you won't see either of them in the superbowl this year unless they buy tickets.

wake77 08-19-2010 9:47 PM

^True dat. Bears and the Colts (you heard it hear first).

mjfan23 08-20-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitkiller (Post 1624195)
Tebow got hurt. He is done before he got started.

You heard it here first.

Shhhhhhh...

Tebow is fine, he has bruised ribs, on a scoring TD run against the Bengals.

cwb4me 08-20-2010 10:56 AM

the colts i won't disagree with they have manning proven winner.da bears don't have enough to contend much less pretend. they don't scare anyone except maybe the lions.lol

wake77 08-20-2010 11:36 AM

I heard with the new O.C. (Martz I believe), the Bears offense is really flourishing. I have heard that Hester is a much bigger part of the new scheme.

I am waiting until someone really tees off on Tebow. Someone like Ray Lewis putting a hit on him similar to the hit he put on Ochocinco last season. A couple of those and Tebow is done (his running anyways, and without that, his arm isn't going to frighten anyone).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a7WkJnEzqM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a7WkJnEzqM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

mjfan23 08-20-2010 1:47 PM

Tebow is huge. He posts insane numbers in the weight room. He will be just fine. Any player in the NFL can take a huge shot and be in trouble.

If he sees the hit coming, he will win most battles (as proven in college)... its the ones you dont see coming, that can put ya in trouble.

seattle 08-22-2010 4:30 PM

Pretty good game yesterday even though we lost. Overall they looked really good. I am concerned with the D sleep walking through the first half again. That won't go well when the games count. Whitehurst looked a little off and his forced throw and pic at the end cost us the game. I really like Washington, think they wrote him off after his injury last year and we're gonna benefit from their mistake.

cwb4me 08-22-2010 8:40 PM

raiders32 bears17,green bay27 seattle24bengals22eagles9 enough said.it's still preseason but maybe a glimpse of the future.

wake77 08-23-2010 8:43 AM

Preseason doesn't mean anything to me. Most of the guys that will play in the regular season, see little time in the preseason. If I am not mistaken, the Titans went 0-4 in the preseason and then went 9-0 in the regular season before finishing 13-3 and getting robbed in the playoffs by a no-call delay of game by the Ravens.

A small glimpse is all you get in the preseason.

"If he sees the hit coming, he will win most battles (as proven in college)"

A huge difference between college and pros

08-23-2010 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
up next?.....

Matt Hasselbeck

cwb4me 08-23-2010 10:15 AM

did the 49ers eat the vikings for breakfast?

jessemitchell 08-23-2010 10:47 AM

According the Childress that was scripted, Favre got hit exactly the same way last year in the second preseason game also

mjfan23 08-23-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1625754)

"If he sees the hit coming, he will win most battles (as proven in college)"

A huge difference between college and pros

Tebow has had his run in with NFL caliber players in college. Is there a difference? Absolutely. But if your a Division 1 program, size and strength conditioning are second to none. Tebow was a high school student benching 350 and squating 600 pounds, I dont think size and strength will be an issue...

People say oo a QB cant run over ppl, lets not forget these are the same people calling for Tebow to be a TE or FB...

Like I said before, if tebow sees the hit coming, he will hold his own. If he gets blindsided, him or anyone in the NFL could be in trouble.

cwb4me 08-23-2010 1:57 PM

thats what i want as a coach my multimillion dollar quaterback over the age of 40 taking unnecessary hits! OUCH!

sidekicknicholas 08-23-2010 2:05 PM

^ Favre said he likes a good hit in pre-season... it "wakes him up" and gets him ready for the rest of the season.... and after the game he said something like, "I saw it coming, I could have changed the play.... but I wanted to see how they handled the blitz". ..... I just love that his old ass isn't afraid to get knocked around still.
Love him or hate him - The NFL is better with Favre in it.

I was pumped to see V.D. and Frank Gore, but they were sitting last night.... The 9ers are going to be the real deal this year

wake77 08-23-2010 8:38 PM

I'm sorry, but someone like Urlacher or Lewis hitting Tebow full steam...Tebow loses, whether he sees it coming or not. How many practices did he miss due to a third stringer putting a hit on him in the preseason game?

Titans, 24-10 over the Cardinals. How many games will Leinart last as QB? I think the Titans are lining up to be sneaky good this year.

dakid 08-23-2010 10:21 PM

as long as eric continues his man-love for him, tebow will be fine, whether he sees it coming or not.

sidekicknicholas 08-24-2010 6:09 AM

Blindsided man love is more dangerous than you think

MightySAM 08-26-2010 3:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jessemitchell (Post 1625827)
according the childress that was scripted, favre got hit exactly the same way last year in the second preseason game also

Attachment 7889

Attachment 7890

:d

Meert 08-26-2010 4:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Go Steelers

wakeworld 08-27-2010 12:36 AM

Damn, the Patriots made the Rams look pretty good tonight even with Jackson only in for one series. Sam Bradford was amazing (15-of-22 for 189 and 2 TD's) and pretty much walked through the Patriots defense in the first half. The Rams led in time of possession 43:46 to 16:14, and in offensive yards 462-288. That felt good to watch!!

cwb4me 08-27-2010 6:43 PM

DAVE did you mention rams and hope in the same sentence.you know the patriots were just trying to make them feel good,since it doesn't count.if the rams win 5 games this year i will be suprised, you heard it here first.as for pittsburgs thophys they or the 49ers won't add to the count this year, but the 49ers will do better than the steelers. i see jets,coltsand ravens being top three in afc and saints,vikings,packers and cowboys fighting it out in nfc.

seattle 08-29-2010 10:48 AM

Got stuck traveling this week and didn't even get in on the thread. Didn't miss much I guess. Whitehurst has flashes of glory and then follows them up with ishet. Least will have a win coming this week against Al and co.

08-29-2010 2:41 PM

Cowboys looked HORRIBLE. To quote two experts: "They sucked worse than anything has ever sucked before." Let's hope they find the wheels in the next two weeks.

cwb4me 08-29-2010 5:32 PM

cliff don't bank on anything in preseason. thats were the raiders have most of their wins.

sidekicknicholas 08-29-2010 6:47 PM

Quote:

"They sucked worse than anything has ever sucked before."
Agreed - for all the off season hype they've gotten.... from what I've seen they will be lucky to hit 8-8

cwb4me 08-29-2010 7:06 PM

ahh yes lets talk about the cowboys going 8-8 . i'll remind you nick on win #9,win#10 amd win#11 how wrong you were.i won't talk smack about your teams because they have talent. but i only need to root for 1 team and don't need to cover my bases by rooting for half the division.LOLTHAT REMINDS ME OF THE KIDS WHO CHANGE TEAMS EVERY YEAR.

sidekicknicholas 08-30-2010 6:10 AM

I have a few teams:
1. 49ers - only because Joe Montana was me hero and my dad/his family is from the bay area
2. Packers - I'm from Wisconsin, if I didn't love the packers I would be forced to leave
3. Vikings - Only because of Brett Favre see #2) - Since I can remember ( 1992 - I was 5) he has been the packers QB - he is the man.... but when he retires I hope the vikings never win another game

I think the cowboys have a ton of talent, they should have home field advantage, but man-o-man they've looked rough this preseason. Detroit has look better.
(and yes I know preason doesn't count for much)

cwb4me 08-30-2010 6:59 PM

i agree favre is the man and will always be remembered as a packer.but this aaron rodgers kid is good very good. he's like a surgeon if he only had a line and a running game packers hands down nfc champs. good luck this year.at least till the playoffs then it's every man and team to themselves.LOL.

dlamont 08-31-2010 6:16 PM

Cowboys are going to have a tough road this season, games with Indy, NewOrleans, GreenBay, Vikes, and all their division road games too. Lots of talent on that team but they've had talent for the past 5 seasons.
The Hawks first game will tell whether or not they are going to win the division. If they don't win at home against the 49ers, it's going to be a long season, again....

cwb4me 08-31-2010 7:22 PM

darren i disagree their fist game means nothing other than bad or good start november/december is where playoff teams make their runs.

wake77 09-01-2010 7:34 AM

Romo CAN'T win the big games, plain and simple. Cowboys should make the playoffs, but I see the Skins winning the East.

ponder86 09-01-2010 8:23 AM

^^^ I agree, the Cowboys will make the playoffs and win their first game maybe, but that will be as far as they make it. The 49ers are going to win the NFC West this year and make it to the playoffs, but that's as far as they'll go.

cwb4me 09-01-2010 7:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1628948)
Romo CAN'T win the big games, plain and simple. Cowboys should make the playoffs, but I see the Skins winning the East.

jeremy look at your other posts you have vikings winning their division and bears beating out packers.you also say 49ers will win their division. you think cowboys will make playoffs and skins win their division. i want some of what your smoking if you think two miracles will happen in one year. thats bears and skins unflushing themselves from the toilet to make playoffs. what do you base these guesses on?dumb luck or some actual gain in talent on either of these two teams. i see packers with much more talent than bears and philly and giants with more talent than the find a way to loose skins.i know romo can't win the big one's he gave new orleans their first defeat at their house in primetime. he also handed it to philly 3 times in one season.won in december and won a playoff game last year. how far did cutler go? the skins have a new quarterback but dallas knows him well. what weapons do they have besides santana moss and chris cooley oh yea a bunch of old running backs no one else wanted.i just don't see the facts to support these miracles your talking about.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

seattle 09-01-2010 7:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1629283)
jeremy look at your other posts you have vikings winning their division and bears beating out packers.you also say 49ers will win their division. you think cowboys will make playoffs and skins win their division. i want some of what your smoking if you think two miracles will happen in one year. thats bears and skins unflushing themselves from the toilet to make playoffs. what do you base these guesses on?dumb luck or some actual gain in talent on either of these two teams. i see packers with much more talent than bears and philly and giants with more talent than the find a way to loose skins.i know romo can't win the big one's he gave new orleans their first defeat at their house in primetime. he also handed it to philly 3 times in one season.won in december and won a playoff game last year. how far did cutler go? the skins have a new quarterback but dallas knows him well. what weapons do they have besides santana moss and chris cooley oh yea a bunch of old running backs no one else wanted.i just don't see the facts to support these miracles your talking about.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is a smack talking thread for those of us who are completely and utterly blind to our teams ability to actually be successful. The odds laid against a team have no relevance in this discussion.;)

cwb4me 09-01-2010 7:47 PM

^^^^^ oh now i know what jeremy's been smoking. i see he was nice enough to pass it around.any detroit fans had a puff yet?how about rams fans?

bflat53212 09-02-2010 6:33 AM

"he's like a surgeon if he only had a line and a running game packers hands down nfc champs. "

Actually, the O-Line for the Pack is back healthy. They had a rough start last year, but if everyone stays healthy they will be very strong. I have been a Packers fan all my life and can easily say this is the most talented offensive team that I have EVER seen the Packers have. I would dare to say that if Reggie White in his prime was on this team, we would've had a SB win last year. The Packers trouble starts and ends with no rush on the opposing QB. Our D-Line gave Warner all day to throw in the playoff game last year. I don't care how good your CB are, if they have to cover for any length of time, they will eventually get beat. I know I am probably saying crazy stuff, but in technical skill (not raw phsyical gifts), Rodgers, in my opinion, is better than Favre ever was on the Packers.

Again, the difference to me, between Favre and Rodgers, Favre got to play with Reggie White, to make his defense stronger.

cwb4me 09-02-2010 7:36 AM

skubz i agree about rodgers he is at physical peak of his career he can make all the throws and react to defense quickly only thing favre has on him is length of time in the league. also knowledge favre has seen everything.

sidekicknicholas 09-02-2010 9:02 AM

PAckers hit a home run with Rodgers.... I love love love Favre and when he is gone I will have no trouble hoping the best for Rodgers.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR REGULAR SEASON!

wake77 09-02-2010 9:38 AM

Who gave the Saints any cred last year prior to the beginning of the season. This is how I have it playing out (I have never claimed to be an expert, so these all may be duds):

NFC East - Skins
NFC North- Vikings
NFC South - Saints
NFC West - 49ers
Wildcards - Bears and Giants (maybe Cowboys, if Romo has a good season)

AFC East - Jets/Patriots (I think one is going to be good and one is going to have a down year)
AFC North - Ravens
AFC South - Titans
AFC West - Chargers
Wildcards - Colts and Bengals