WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3183)
-   -   Aluminum Wake Boat (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795306)

ragboy 08-30-2012 2:37 PM

Aluminum Wake Boat

I got a chance on the way home from the Northwest Wakesurf Open to get a look at the Pavati Marine AX-V24. When I saw the pics here and on their site, it seemed like a "what are they thinking" kind of deal. Seeing the boat up close, it seems legit. Its HUGE and deep and should take a ton of weight, and since it doesn't require a mold, he could have variations in hull design that could favor wakesurfing or wake boarding, or maybe even different styles of wakeboard wakes, etc. The factory is huge and when you see the video, watch in HD to get an idea of how beautiful the paint is, it makes any wrap look lame IMHO. They even invested in a huge powder coat oven so that the paint will be super durable. Its like a custom motorcyle paint job in quality. This is just prototype one and they are going to bring one down to test. Should be fun. I will make sure I invite a outlaw or pro level wakeboarder so that the wakeboard wake can be seen also.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UylaejvBz5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hatepain 08-30-2012 5:46 PM

Thats very cool. Thanks for doing that and putting it up Ragboy. I wouldn't be afraid to take a serious look at those boats as an option in the future.

kko13 08-30-2012 6:23 PM

Man it looks so much better in your video compared to the pics on here. Do you know if they are bringing one to surf expo?
Where are they located?

ragboy 08-30-2012 6:38 PM

@kevin, Yes I was shocked. I even told Chuck that and what I said it on camera, I wasn't joking, I had no idea what I was coming to see but since it was on the way home and on the way I thought I would give it a shot. Its in White City, Oregon which is only about 4 hours north of me. I don't think they are going to surf expo but I know we will be going out doing an on the water test and we will also be documenting the wake surf wake at the polar bear event. You can see how big/tall it is, I am 6'2" and RJ is 5'11". You can also see in the rear shots he is putting in gravity ballast.

As far as customization goes, he mentioned he had a customer that wanted to video chairs in the back and the walkthrough up the center. Since there is no mold, he can make those kinds of customizations.

DatTexasBoy 09-02-2012 4:54 PM

Looks nice....Boy did he avoid the pricing question. Sounds like he probably is too high.

jhartt3 09-02-2012 5:24 PM

Its really not too bad... The all aluminum 21ft version with aluminum trailer runs about 61k. I emailed them a while back. And you can get it made however you want... My lake has a 21ft limit so i dont like the extra forks b/c they just add length to not much reward. Pretty great deal for a custom boat.

ragboy 09-02-2012 5:30 PM

That sounds about right, I figured he would need to be competing with the supremes, sangers, mb price point at least in the beginning. Hoping to test one when we get back from Surf Expo before the Polar Bear event we put on.

DatTexasBoy 09-02-2012 6:19 PM

The boat looks great, don't get me wrong, but to compete with MB in quality at that price range. They better have their game together. Coming from an MB owner.

ragboy 09-02-2012 6:48 PM

I am not making any comment about MB quality, just that I think if he went higher on the price that it would be hard to sell, being a first year boat and new idea.

It almost reminds me of buying a surfboard off the rack or going to a shaper. The shaper can make customizations just for you. Anyway, I will be interesting to see how well it works.

timmyb 09-02-2012 9:04 PM

You video definitely makes it look 100x better than other pics I have seen. That paint job is beautiful! Can't wait to see how it performs and then tweaks that are made if it needs any. Nice work!