WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   keep breaking angle locks on watson bindings (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793730)

phillywakeboarder 06-04-2012 1:07 PM

keep breaking angle locks on watson bindings

I keep breaking the angle locks (the plastic silver things that the screw goes through to attach the bindings 2 the board) on my 2011 watsons and was wondering whether anyone else has the same problem. I'm usually pretty good at checking to make sure the screws are tight before I ride, so I don't think that's the problem. Also, I've noticed that the footbed of my bindings have bent slightly, so now the heels and toes of my bindings are about an eighth of an inch above my board, which causes the things to rock slightly like a rocking chair and drives me nuts. I'm thinking of putting a thin piece of rubber underneath the toe of the bindings, but don't want to make the problem worse.

06-04-2012 1:21 PM

I know at least 10-15 people who ride watsons including myself and havent had or heard of an issue like that. You must be taking some serious wipeouts

phillywakeboarder 06-04-2012 1:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha! Here's a pic of what I'm talking about. And since boardstop sells 'em for $14.99, I can't be the only one.

drewproses 06-04-2012 2:29 PM

I have those boots and that has happened once...

supra_21v 06-04-2012 3:15 PM

Dude I was just talking to my buddy about this issue. We both have the 2011 Soven and keep breaking the angle locks as well. I broke 2 more last friday on my 1st run. I never took a fall but noticed they felt loose after a few w2w jumps. I climbed up in the boat and 2 were cracked. It appears the base of the angle locks are not grounded on the board so i assume there is too much pressure on them to hold the boots. We have now put a thin washer under them to see if that will fix the issue. He has been out a few times since and they have be allright.....I have been a big LF fan for a while but paying this much money for a product that will not last is past annoying. I told my buddy we needed to call LF and see what the solution is. He claimed to have sent numerous emails and placed a few calls with no reply. I will try to get ahold of them myself to see if I get better results. Hopefully the washer works and I dont have to keep buying those angle locks! Good luck man!

watermags 06-04-2012 3:24 PM

How tight are you cranking those down? By the looks of the screw being rounded out you might be tightening to tight. Also better for those to break than pulling inserts out of your board.

phillywakeboarder 06-04-2012 6:13 PM

Jonah - I'm cranking them down pretty snug, but nothing crazy. The screw is a little rounded out because the screw driver I had in my glove box for a couple weeks was a little small.

J - I'm gonna try putting a wide washer on top of the locks, thinking that maybe it'll distribute the pressure along a wider surface and help the breaking problem. If you guys rock a washer under and I rock a washer over maybe one of us will figure this out!