WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trick Tips (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3184)
-   -   TS FS 540 (leaning back) (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704290)

trickyboarder08 06-08-2009 12:57 PM

So i started landing my TS FS 360 pretty consistent and decided to go onto the 540. I can get the whole rotation down but when I land I am leaning way to far back and the only time I ever land it is when I do a major butt check. Any tips on how to keep my butt out of the water?

unclejessie 06-08-2009 2:33 PM

You might be starting the spin too early. Wait until you get the full pop off the wake, then spin. When I land like you described, I re-focus myself on taking the trick straight up off the wake, then initiate the spin... it fixes me every time.

trickyboarder08 06-09-2009 6:34 AM

Ok, so spin later. That makes since. I started landing my 360's I'm usually already halfway across the wake before I start spinning, but how do I spin faster to make the 540 without spinning earlier?

unclejessie 06-09-2009 11:08 AM

That is where the "taking it up" comes in. I Should have added "take your 5 up a little more than your 3"... meaning I focus on getting a little more pop off the wake on the 5. The 3 only needs a small pop off the wake, but the 5 needs more for more hang time. Once you get the handle, just pull it across your chest and start expecting the landing any second! <BR>-Uj

trickyboarder08 06-12-2009 6:59 AM

I landed my first TS FS 540 yesterday. In fact I landed 3 of them. It felt really great!!

eubanks01 06-16-2009 7:56 AM

Nice job Brandon! What got it for you? I have the same falling back onto my heels issue it sounds like you were having.

06-16-2009 10:26 AM

Very good. Honestly, 540s are easier than 360 once you get them. Make sure to keep up your 540. <BR> <BR>Eubanks, try standing up taller at the wake. As I move into bigger spins I have a tendency to lean too hard at the wake. Leaning too far forward on the approach will equal leaning to far back on the 540 landing. <BR> <BR>Rather than leaning the top half of your body over your toes to generate leverage, try keeping your chest up and dropping to your knees. All the leverage with no break at the waist.

eubanks01 06-16-2009 12:35 PM

Thanks Justin, those are good tips. I learned consistency on the TS 3 but passing after I land which makes the TS 5 a totally different trick for me since I have to pass it earlier. My problem was/is getting too bent over at the waist in the air trying to make sure I'm leaning away from the boat so I don't get ripped over my heelside edge on the 3 landing. I do the same thing on my HS 3's and it makes getting back to a taller posture tough towards the tail end of the trick. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help. Didn't you go to A&amp;M? I think I remember seeing you tear it up on the A&amp;M ski lake your freshman year when I came out there to ride once my sophmore year. Very impressive considering it was a closed bow Nautique with no weight and no pole or tower!