WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cablestock 2010 video (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779356)

gnarslayer 05-10-2010 9:57 AM

Cablestock 2010 video

<object width="720" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3bEuxqZ8-iM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3bEuxqZ8-iM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="720" height="450"></embed></object>

gnarslayer 05-10-2010 10:11 AM

if you didnt go this year you deffinately missed out. such a great time at texas ski ranch this weekend

austindodson 05-10-2010 3:31 PM

Great video, with great riders! loads of fun at TSR!

wooohooo!!

gnarslayer 05-10-2010 4:15 PM

just got news form cablewakeboard.com on facebook that "Fooshee dominates winning cable, boat, structure only and poker. Congrats to all. Pasturage wins cable skate, Nicola womens champ both cable and boat. Grant Roberts does 51 shuvs in one 60 second lap! More to come"

tcaz 05-10-2010 8:16 PM

My crew and I were able to make it out for Saturday and we all had a great time watching the riders, meeting new peeps, and drinking some brews. Brought some non-rider friends to TSR for the first time too, and they were diggin' it. Inspired them to want to give wakeboarding a shot. Weather could of been better but we made the best of it. Also, didn't understand why Mickey Avalon performed. I'd never heard too much of his stuff but his lyrics/stage performance is nothing short of trash!

Anyways, thanks to everyone who coordinated the event. Big ups!!

gnarslayer 05-10-2010 9:01 PM

i think the main reason for mickey avalon was to attract more people..... i think it may have worked cause this year there was more people than ever

kyle_L 05-11-2010 3:54 AM

Why is Mickey Avalon famous? His music is god awful

gnarslayer 05-11-2010 6:24 AM

i wouldnt say awful, i thought he put on a pretty good show. someone more on the lines of awful would be lady gaga, but billions of people like her..."alejandro?"

gnarslayer 05-11-2010 6:07 PM

results from cablestock

Cable Finals
Juniors
1 Ryan Smith
2 Marshall Lewis
3 Connor Shephard
4 Brock Zoyer
Womens
1 Nicola Butler
2 Anna Hajek
3 Kelly Jo Hill
4 Holland Finley
Wakeskate
1 Andy Pastura
2 Bret Little
3 Josh Zentmeyer
4 Reed Hansen
5 David Roehm
6 Jesse Landry
Pro Men
1 Tom Fooshee
2 Marc Shuster
3 Josh Rice
4 Cody Johnson
5 Sam Scoggins
6 Nick Davies

MasterCraft Boat Comp Finals
Womens
1 Nicola Butler
2 Anna Hajek
3 Kara Dias
4 Holland Finley
Wakeskate
1 Stu Shin
2 James Balzer
3 Grant Roberts
4 Danny Hampson
5 Travis Doran
Pro Men
1 Tom Fooshee
2 Sam Carne
3 Chad Sharpe
4 Joey Bradley
5 Nick Davies
6 Jade Whirley

Obscura Winch Comp Finals
1 Ben Horan
2 Reed Hanson
3 Danny Hampson

WakeSkate Shuv-it Results
1 Grant Roberts 51
2T Nick Taylor 47
2T Andy Pastura 47
4 Bret Little 43
5 David Roeam 41
6 Collin Gee 39
7 Danny Hampson 23F
8 James Balzer 8F

WakeSkate Launch
1 Bryan Wogrin 22.7'
2 Chad Sharpe 19.3'
3 Wes Keller 14.7'
4 Bret Little 17.9'

RUKUS Skate Comp
1T Raney Beres
1T Edward Sanchez
3 James Fitzgerald

Texas Hold'em
1 Tom Fooshee
2 Ryan Roberts
3 Swami

Amateur Structure Only
1 Connor Shepherd 100
2 Ryan Smith 66
3 Marshall Lewis 60
4 Ethan Manley 53
5 Brock Zeger 20

gnarslayer 05-11-2010 6:09 PM

oh and i forgot the structure contest
Pro Structure Only Finals
1 Tom Fooshee 100
2 Cody Johnson 67
3 Gabe Lucas 60
4 Sam Scoggins 57
5 Kasean Suyderhoud 20
6 Nick Davies N/A

innov8 05-12-2010 8:32 AM

Congrats to Innov8 Wake/WakeSport Ranch Rider Ryan Smith for getting 1st in Jr.Men Cable and 2nd in Jr.Men Structure only.

We Are VERY STOKED for you Ryan.

gnarslayer 05-12-2010 9:08 AM

Is that WSR open yet?

innov8 05-12-2010 11:45 AM

Yes, check out our calender for days open, we go to 6 days a week here in a few weeks, but for now, fri,sat,sun noon to 7pm.

http://www.wakesportranch.com/calendar-wsr.cfm

innov8 05-12-2010 11:47 AM

Yes, check out this link, we will be open 6 days a week here in a couple weeks.

but for now, Fri,Sat and Sun Noon to 7pm.

http://www.wakesportranch.com/calendar-wsr.cfm

gnarslayer 05-12-2010 1:45 PM

Tight man ill probably check it out if i ever head that direction

kyle_L 05-12-2010 6:15 PM

From wakesport ranch website:
"Tram - a people moving tram that can transport riders around lake - the "walk of shame" now becomes the "ride of rest and relaxation" - to be installed early next season."
WIN!!

kyle_L 05-12-2010 6:18 PM

Oh and it seems like Tom Fooshee had a HORRIBLE weekend. The guy is just so dominant on a wakeboard. I don't think he can be beat on cable this season, and I really hope he starts to ride more pro boat comps. His boat riding is just as impressive as his cable riding. Best all around wakeboarder in the world right now, no questions asked.

J.B., I honestly think I would rather listen to Lady Gaga and that is saying lot. Her music makes me cringe, but when it comes to hitting the mute button, I am faster to the click with Mickey Avalon. He is really popular in the Hawaiin North Shore surf scene. When there is a big contest going on on the North Shore, there is always a Mickey Avalon concert. He dresses like he is going to sing some hippie rock and roll type music but then surprises everyone with his masterful "rap/rock", and he looks like he uses more heroin needles than an insulin dependent diabetic. Reminds me of that band Crazy Town...in both ways.

scbrips 05-12-2010 7:01 PM

JB, sick video! Is that you throwing down that Big Wurm? It was dirty!

gnarslayer 05-12-2010 9:30 PM

yea thats me thanks man. who is SCBrips?

And about tom fooshee i think nick davies had a bad weekend cause im pretty sure his cable skills are just as high as toms if not better "no offense to tom, he is a badasssss rider", but nick davies has soooo much skill and control on his board.

and about mickey avalon, yes his music lyrics can make people cringe, everyone seemed to have an awesome time this weekend with him there.

cheesydog 05-12-2010 11:28 PM

Nick Davies came 5th? How?

Any more vids up?

norbiv 05-13-2010 7:34 AM

Nick was hurt and couldnt finish the contest. He pulled some ab or something

gnarslayer 05-13-2010 7:37 AM

nick had to have messed up or something i missed his ride in finals.... ive been waiting for norbis vid, but its still yet to come out. im sure his video will be freaking rad though, he got to ride in a helicopter and be in the boat and stand on the cable towers, he is bound to have gotten some sweet shots with that sikk camera of his.... im jeaulose ha

txwakerider14 05-13-2010 9:17 AM

If you think for a second Tom isn't just as good as nick then you obviously haven't watched Tom ride enough. Nick Davies puts out more videos because he live in Florida and get more exposure so people see his name more and think he is better, but I dont think so at all. I would argue Tom is just as good if not better. They guy can do s-bends on trick skis at the cablepark. Im sure there are things Nick can do that Tom can't (cant think of any though) but I know for sure Tom has tricks that Nick or no one else can do. I mean if you saw his pass at cable stock he started with a gap bs 450 on the rail that's ridiculous. Not taking anything away from Nick, but don't underestimate Tom and give him his credit, there is a reason he won every cable comp he entered when he went over seas to europe and south asia last summer. Trust me Tom shreds

gnarslayer 05-14-2010 10:05 AM

im not going against tom in any way, but anyways i would really like to see the two head to head going all out cause both their trick books are huge and they throw down hammers all the way around the lake. i feel that nick didnt ride his best that weekend and sure would like to see that

Luker 05-14-2010 10:30 AM

He shreds.... but Tom has the worst riding face in wakeboarding LOL Dude always looks so pissed/constipated when he shreds hahahaha

Cable contest = Fooshee

Free ride = Davies

That being said... there is no one in the world I'd rather watch on a wakeboard than Nick Davies.... its just good ole fashion fun.

gnarslayer 05-14-2010 4:37 PM

i like this opinion^^^^

cheesydog 05-17-2010 2:21 AM

not for nothing but nick beat Tom last year at the Cable Worlds Finals in Camsur. That was a sick head to head match up which Ive been waiting to see replayed but hasnt happened yet.

Nick put down the best single cable comp pass Id ever seen. I will say however that from the riding Ive seen of Tom this year he has lifted his game and then some! Definitely on obstacles I think he is the best in the world, havent seen anything to match all the hammers hes got now! For Air tricks its tough to say anyone is as good as nick, he really does things off the water Ive never seen anyone do so effortlessly

rclester89 05-17-2010 8:54 AM

I think this is going to be a breakout year for Fooshee in the sense that everyone begins to realize just how good he really is on the cable. He definitely doesn't have the day to day exposure like Nick does, but I don't doubt he will after this season!