WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non-Wakeboarding Discussion (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4387)
-   -   TRUMP for Prez (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804865)

wake77 04-20-2016 8:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1933408)
BTW....FBI: Number of Police Officers Killed On-Duty Up By 89 Percent In 2014

http://beta.townhall.com/tipsheet/ka...-2014-n1997416

Your link does not support what you are trying to say. I also find it downright dishonest for you to choose that link because you feel that people will see that and automatically conclude that "Police killings up 89 percent under Obama". Here's the truth, Delta. I am not going to inject any opinions or personal feelings on that matter:

"For the first six years of Bush’s presidency (2001-2006), the total number of cops intentionally murdered was 426. This doesn’t count 911-related deaths, which would obviously skew Bush’s number higher. During the first six years of Obama’s presidency, the total number of cops intentionally murdered was 382. That’s a 10 percent drop.

In the seventh year of Bush’s presidency, there were 77 cop killings, by our definition. So far this year, Obama’s seventh in office, there have been 35."

And personally, I feel that 9/11 deaths should be factored in, especially since if happened on Obama's watch, there would be a nonstop onslaught from you and other right-wingers.

Furthermore, during the same point in each presidency:

"576 police officers were shot and killed up to this date in the Reagan administration.

528 during the Clinton administration.

405 during the Bush administration.

314 during the Obama administration."

grant_west 04-20-2016 10:14 AM

Jeremy you say this
"Here's the truth, Delta. I am not going to inject any opinions or personal feelings on that matter"
But you post this?
"More delusions of grandeur from the Nut of Wakeworld

Jeremy is this how you spell Hypocrite! :) :) :)

wake77 04-20-2016 1:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1933467)
Jeremy you say this
"Here's the truth, Delta. I am not going to inject any opinions or personal feelings on that matter"
But you post this?
"More delusions of grandeur from the Nut of Wakeworld

Jeremy is this how you spell Hypocrite! :) :) :)

Grant, give me a break. I was speaking about the stats I posted. This thread is full of "opinions and personal feelings".

(I do applaud you for taking the time to spellcheck "Hypocrite". Well done).

04-20-2016 4:24 PM

Jeremy. You sure have latched on haven't you. I don't care what the numbers are. I have told you twice that cops are being TARGETED. Not that they showed up on a scene and bad stuff went down. They are sitting in their cars or standing on the street and they are being murdered.

Bottom line is we constantly have democrats in the streets rioting and marching for what? What is it that you democrats want now?

pesos 04-20-2016 4:33 PM

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...re-6499502.php

"Let's look at the numbers. Although law enforcement deaths are up nationally 10 percent compared with this time last year, firearms-related fatalities are down by almost 25 percent, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, which gathers names so officers can be enshrined on the memorial that Young cited.

A spokesman for the group, Steve Groeninger, says he sees no evidence that officers are increasingly being killed because of their jobs. The rise in fatalities, he points out, has a great deal to do with the fact that traffic-related incidents are up 26 percent compared with last year."

04-20-2016 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1933420)
Well I mean if you think the fact that the two were at the bundy standoff and then they shot two cops is a reach, then yeah, I agree, "kind of a reach."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Las_Vegas_shootings

Does not hold water. In your own link:
Quote:

Presence at Bundy standoff
Main article: Bundy standoff

During the April 2014 Bundy standoff, in which the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) attempted to round up cattle belonging to rancher Cliven Bundy, who refused to vacate public land,[22] Jerad Miller was said to have been among the armed protesters who joined Bundy during the incident. According to Bundy's son, Ammon Bundy, the Millers were present during the standoff for a few days, but had been instructed by a militia member to leave due to "their radical beliefs", which did not align with the protest's main issues.[17][23] They were also instructed to leave because Jerad Miller was a felon in possession of a firearm.[16] Carol Bundy later commented, "I have not seen or heard anything from the militia and others who have came to our ranch that would, in any way, make me think they had an intent to kill or harm anyone."[24]
Hard to say someone was part of the group when that group openly rejected them and asked them to leave, thus "kind of a reach" stands.

Sounds like the idiot was a fan of Cop Block.

04-20-2016 4:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1933506)
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news...re-6499502.php

"Let's look at the numbers. Although law enforcement deaths are up nationally 10 percent compared with this time last year, firearms-related fatalities are down by almost 25 percent, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, which gathers names so officers can be enshrined on the memorial that Young cited.

A spokesman for the group, Steve Groeninger, says he sees no evidence that officers are increasingly being killed because of their jobs. The rise in fatalities, he points out, has a great deal to do with the fact that traffic-related incidents are up 26 percent compared with last year."

Don't really care. Never was the intent of my argument.

04-20-2016 4:58 PM

Finally found an article from the Washington Post. Look like Ambush deaths have been going down as well except we are already at 5 this year (at time of the article). So, maybe it feels like the amount of Ambush deaths is up or maybe they are being ambushed and survived like the ISIS guy who who shot the cop in the arm or the cop hacked by the guy with a axe or sword. Can't remember which.

Year Felonious Police Deaths Ambush Deaths
2000 48 10
2001 66 7
2002 48 13
2003 53 9
2004 52 15
2005 53 7
2006 44 10
2007 57 16
2008 40 6
2009 47 15
2010 48 15
2011 68 15
2012 48 6
2013 27 5
2014 51 7
2015 42 6
2016 12 5

shawndoggy 04-20-2016 5:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1933507)
Does not hold water. In your own link:

Hard to say someone was part of the group when that group openly rejected them and asked them to leave, thus "kind of a reach" stands.

Sounds like the idiot was a fan of Cop Block.

LOL, so the mass of morons that showed up at the Bundy ranch were all invited except for this pair of exceptional individuals?

They certainly *were* (past tense) part of the group.

And really my point was not whether they were or were not card carrying yeehawdis, but rather that they were not part of the alleged Obama-endorsed tidal wave of BLM cop hunters you are warning us about. Ideologically distinguishable and predated Ferguson.

pesos 04-20-2016 5:44 PM

Read for content, Shawn. That's not the point. Democrats blah blah blah.

04-20-2016 5:51 PM

The mass was not invited by the bundy's. Why would someone "invite" people that they do not know. They did not like his message and the fact that he was a felon with a gun so he needed to go. They asked them to leave. end of story. Just like we both belong to wakeworld does not mean I am part of your family. If I show up to the same party as you and you are wearing the same outfit as me does not make you well dressed either. The part of what ever group is your label because you want to make an argument.

Well you will not convince me that BLM and it's democrat supporters is not a communist front hate group especially when they routinely us quotes of Assata Shakur and chant "pigs in a blanket, fry em' like bacon" at their marches. I also live in the San Fran Bay Area that has groups shutting down freeways and rioting in various reasons. The democrats defense of this group will be it's undoing.

04-20-2016 5:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesos (Post 1933516)
Read for content, Shawn. That's not the point. Democrats blah blah blah.

Yep. Had to hear about Bush for 8 years and a few more years even after obama. Hardly anyone has busting your chops for Obama for a long time. Why are you democrats rioting and marching all the time? Didn't you guys get what you wanted?

pesos 04-20-2016 6:39 PM

Guess that's what happens when Obama has double the national approval rating of Bush at the same point...

04-21-2016 10:20 AM

Just think if Obama reached 4 times the approval rating. The democrats may burn down an entire county, blockade a sea lane instead of a highway or even have a 2 million man march. Just think of the possibilities.......

grant_west 04-22-2016 9:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Never thought I would say this but Keeping Obama another 4 year would be way better then the Beast Hillary.

timmyb 04-22-2016 10:00 AM

The scary part about that meme is that she isn't the only one that was keeping emails on her private server, she's just taking the fall for it as others quietly move their emails into the govt email system.

wake77 04-22-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1933511)
Finally found an article from the Washington Post. Look like Ambush deaths have been going down as well except we are already at 5 this year (at time of the article). So, maybe it feels like the amount of Ambush deaths is up or maybe they are being ambushed and survived like the ISIS guy who who shot the cop in the arm or the cop hacked by the guy with a axe or sword. Can't remember which.

Year Felonious Police Deaths Ambush Deaths
2000 48 10
2001 66 7
2002 48 13
2003 53 9
2004 52 15
2005 53 7
2006 44 10
2007 57 16
2008 40 6
2009 47 15
2010 48 15
2011 68 15
2012 48 6
2013 27 5
2014 51 7
2015 42 6
2016 12 5

Doesn't this totally contradict what you have been arguing? Can we expect an apology or "I'm wrong" any time soon?

04-26-2016 9:54 AM

Jeremy, I would not have posted it if I did not admit it.

grant_west 04-26-2016 2:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think about Ted & Kasich "teaming up" I'm cracking up at the fact that Kasich has less delegates NOW then Rubio! and Rubio Dropped out last month.

ralph 04-26-2016 7:25 PM

I don't see how those turkeys teaming up does anything but eliminate both of them and give Trump a free ride to the nomination?

You guys better get used to the idea of Hillary being President

cwb4me 04-27-2016 6:13 AM

I think a Trump/Kasich ticket with Cruz being promised a supreme court nomination would be the best possible solution for the Republican party at this juncture of the process.

wake77 04-27-2016 6:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1934018)
I think a Trump/Kasich ticket with Cruz being promised a supreme court nomination would be the best possible solution for the Republican party at this juncture of the process.

That would be the ultimate disaster for the US (Cruz anywhere near the SC).

shawndoggy 04-27-2016 7:39 AM

Never thought I'd say it but I think Trump is gonna be the nominee.

cwb4me 04-27-2016 8:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wake77 (Post 1934023)
That would be the ultimate disaster for the US (Cruz anywhere near the SC).

No. It would just be a disaster for your visions of the future. Many U.S. citizens would be okay with it and many wouldn't be okay with it. As for the future of the U.S. , many individuals would be responsible. The President,the Senate, Congress,the Supreme Court and the U.S. treasury.

fly135 04-27-2016 9:23 AM

"Best possible solution" and Republican don't even belong in the same sentence.

grant_west 04-27-2016 9:51 AM

Quote:

Never thought I'd say it but I think Trump is gonna be the nominee.
You and me both. But at this time he is by FAR the highest vote getter so why wouldn't he be. Timmy Sorry I missed your link to the 60 min story above.

IMO if your gonna vote republican you have to go all in for Trump at this point. Cruze is the Republican version of Hillary IMO sleezze ball and Kashich his message is going no where. I seriously have no Idea why he is still in the race. Gives you a idea what kind of comander in chief he would be (totally out of touch with reality) has hardly any support but still thinks he has a chance.

timmyb 04-27-2016 10:18 AM

I think the only reason that Kasich is hanging on is because he thinks that if they go to the convention and pick a candidate, that he somehow has a chance.

shawndoggy 04-27-2016 10:21 AM

I think (hope?) Cruz would be far too polarizing to be a SCOTUS nominee. Well, maybe not too polarizing to be nominated, but too polarizing to be confirmed. He's given a lot of political speeches about current precedent and his desire to have it overturned. SCOTUS nominees uniformly refuse to answer how they would rule on particular issues of law at their confirmation hearings. Not even Scalia went on record with an agenda to upend existing precedent.

fly135 04-27-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyb (Post 1934064)
I think the only reason that Kasich is hanging on is because he thinks that if they go to the convention and pick a candidate, that he somehow has a chance.

Apparently Kasich is the only candidate that the polls think has a chance against Hillary.

pesos 04-27-2016 12:48 PM

"But at this time he is by FAR the highest vote getter so why wouldn't he be."

Doesn't really mean much unless he gets the magic number. America is based on democracy but the GOP isn't (neither is the other party). They are based on self-preservation and winning, which is why they even have the byzantine rulebook that Cruz has done a much better job so far of studying and utilizing.

That being said I think Trump will ultimately come away with it. Chances are he will lose in the fall however, whether or not a 3rd party spoiler jumps in.

And while I agree that Cruz would never be confirmable to the SC, I would not have guessed it'd be him and Trump battling for the GOP nomination either!

timmyb 04-27-2016 1:12 PM

Trump will sue if he doesn't get the nomination.

allzway 04-27-2016 1:38 PM

I never imagined that Trump would get this far. I always thought he was just trolling the political process.. and still not sure he isn't.

On the other hand.. I can't believe we are willing going to vote in a corrupt pos and paid for political whore into office as president either.

diamonddad 04-27-2016 2:02 PM

Trump's most excellent foreign policy speech...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XW8RqLN3Qao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fly135 04-27-2016 2:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allzway (Post 1934084)
On the other hand.. I can't believe we are willing going to vote in a corrupt pos and paid for political whore into office as president either.

Why would you not believe something that has happened in most every other election? Heck in Florida we twice elected a Gov who defrauded the govt as the CEO of a HC organization that was fined $1.7B.

wake77 04-27-2016 2:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly135 (Post 1934091)
Why would you not believe something that has happened in most every other election? Heck in Florida we twice elected a Gov who defrauded the govt as the CEO of a HC organization that was fined $1.7B.

Our governor (Bill Haslam) is an owner of a company (Pilot Oil) that is under federal investigation for defrauding companies millions of dollars. As a matter of fact, when he ran for reelection, the only guy that ran against him has a dancing raccoon as a pet.

grant_west 04-27-2016 3:08 PM

Quote:

I see your Political DB & Raise you with one Crack head Democrat Mayor Marion Barry Twice elected .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Barry

shawndoggy 04-27-2016 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1934090)
Trump's most excellent foreign policy speech...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XW8RqLN3Qao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reviews are decidedly "meh."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...eaction-222544

grant_west 04-27-2016 5:07 PM

Wow what a difference a tellaprompter makes. That's the first time I have heard him speak where he is not crazy sounding. I do like the "America First" message. It's about time.

diamonddad 04-27-2016 5:46 PM

Reviewers are biased.

That was a great speech by Trump. Presidential and on target. So happy with America First attitude, calling out Radical Islam, condemnation of Iraq War, no nation building, avoid war or fight war to win and get out, support of our Veterans, no nukes for Iran, fair share of NATA, America First trade deals, globalism floundering.

shawndoggy 04-27-2016 6:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddad (Post 1934115)
Reviewers are biased.

Could be. Maybe you could refute or explain this criticism from the article I linked?

Quote:

The speech was "completely contradictory, in the sense that the first message is that we should make allies pay not just for the cost of having troops in their countries but for the entire defense that the U.S. provides to Europe and Asia, which he estimated at trillions of dollars. And then in the next breath, he said that the U.S. can't be relied on and needs to be a better ally," said Thomas Wright, a Brookings Institution fellow who has written extensively on Trump's foreign policy.
"There’s just no way to reconcile these two statements. It certainly won't reassure anyone internationally, or anyone within the Republican foreign policy establishment," Wright added.

grant_west 04-27-2016 6:49 PM

everyone is always saying and most would agree "the county needs to be run like a business" so why do we keep electing or gravitating towards politicians that have for the most part never run a business. Their only worth has been Words NOT creating or maintaining wealth, no experience running any sort of Business but yet we expect them to Be the boss of the worlds biggest company. The United States of America. At least TRUMP knows what it's like to make a payroll, how to make a deal, how to complete a project and make it come out in his advantage. But at the same time make it so you don't burn bridges and you have return business. Thoes all sound like qualitys and and traits of only one person running that I know. If any business ran it self like the Governent it would be "out of business" instantly. Is it any wonder we are in the Financial situation we are in now keep electing people like Hillary and Grease here we come.

ralph 04-28-2016 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds about right

pesos 04-28-2016 2:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cruz picks Fiorina as VP (and he's not even the nominee). Fiorina is in pink... Mrs. Cruz in purple.

Is it just me or did Lyin' Ted marry Stifler's mom?

grant_west 04-28-2016 6:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good advise from slick willy

shawndoggy 04-28-2016 6:16 AM

Memes are fun but lets get back to Trump's "America First" foreign policy. Can someone give some examples of foreign policy decisions that haven't been driven by "America First"?

I mean sure we can look back in hindsight and say that particular moves were bad because they didn't work out, but I'm struggling to think of a foreign policy move that wasn't made in America's national interest?

The one we didn't make that comes to mind was intervening in Rwanda during their genocide in the late '90s. I guess Somalia under Bush 1? But then we've all seen Captain Phillips and now know the cost of an unstable and ungoverned Somalia.

So please, can someone please give some examples of foreign policy moves and explain how they were completely unmotivated by or unrelated to the U.S. national interest?

fly135 04-28-2016 7:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934113)
Wow what a difference a tellaprompter makes. That's the first time I have heard him speak where he is not crazy sounding. I do like the "America First" message. It's about time.

Somewhere a few pages back in this thread I suggested that Trump's only hope was to, after getting all the crazies on board, start acting presidential early enough so the normal people can forget. Looks like his campaign sees it the same way I do. I just don't think Trump can overcome his instinct to be Trump enough for it to work.

grant_west 04-28-2016 9:06 AM

" So can someone please give me some examples of foreign-policy moves and explain how they were completely unmotivated or unrelated to US national interest"

I think we always move in our Intrest. But it lacks a full thought out business plan. Let's take the Middle East. Why are we NOT taking the Oil and using it to subsidize our efforts in that region? Why is ISIS allowd to use the oil in the region to fund their war?

How many busines's could afford to loose money with Nothing in return! We seem to be the only country willing to pour money into a bottomless pit year after year.

psudy 04-28-2016 9:07 AM

I agree. His foot will wind up in his mouth before too long.

shawndoggy 04-28-2016 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psudy (Post 1934164)
I agree. His foot will wind up in his mouth before too long.

Oh it ends up in his mouth once a week at least. And he seems to chew his foot off, grow a new one, and then poop a diamond. That's the really amazing part for me with Trump. Defies ALL rules.

Heard a good quote from a reporter who had been on the trail with Trump, that everything out of his mouth was a boast, a lie, or a threat.

shawndoggy 04-28-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934163)
" So can someone please give me some examples of foreign-policy moves and explain how they were completely unmotivated or unrelated to US national interest"

I think we always move in our Intrest. But it lacks a full thought out business plan. Let's take the Middle East. Why are we NOT taking the Oil and using it to subsidize our efforts in that region? Why is ISIS allowd to use the oil in the region to fund their war?

How many busines's could afford to loose money with Nothing in return! We seem to be the only country willing to pour money into a bottomless pit year after year.

So WWI, WWII (europe)... would be no-gos because no clear economic upside?

How about humanitarian aid to Africa? One of the lasting legacies of the GWB admin has been significant reduction in AIDS because of our subsidized distribution of drugs to the continent. Cheap (relatively) and very very effective... but a waste of $$$ because no profit?

This whole gov't as a business concept.... who gets the profit under that scenario? Business is run for the benefit of its shareholders, so who should get the "profit" of gov't as a business?

If we are running gov't as a business, does that mean that the fire dept should be faster to respond to rich people than poor people because rich people pay more taxes?

04-28-2016 11:07 AM

Government needs to be a buffer between Government and the Private sector. That's why I don't want government in business though the government needs to work in the interest of American business on the world stage. Right now I truly believe the government is working in the interests of the radical left in their one world approach thus trying to sign off on every treaty that is designed to move American wealth to the third world. In country, I want the government to be the shock absorber in the control system that keeps business from over running the people and become a repressive machine.

grant_west 04-28-2016 11:48 AM

For ANY relationship to go on it has to be reciprocated. Weather it's a Friendhsip or in Mother Nature, things have to work out for both party's for it to continue . Any business owner will tell you. You cant keep on giving and giving with out some sort of return!!!! Some deals might seem one sided because we don't know all the facts.
Example: one might ask "why are we giving all this money to this county or region" Answer; some times it's cheaper to pay people to NOT grow poppy or coca then to have to fight after its turned into drugs and it ends up on the streets of america. So my point is some Deals might seem one sided but "IF" and that's a big IF it ends up costing us less or making our way of life better or safer then so be it. Its give and take! Who do you think will work the best deal and is best equipped to make it better for America among the remaining candidates?

04-28-2016 12:00 PM

"Government needs to be a buffer between government and the Private sector. "

Meant to say:

Government needs to be a buffer between Citizens and the Private sector.

cwb4me 04-28-2016 12:02 PM

That's a Trump end loaded question Grant.

pesos 04-28-2016 12:48 PM

Guess Boehner doesn't much care for Ted "Lucifer in the flesh" Cruz... He says he's texting buddies with Trump but clearly they also go to the same tanning salon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/28/politi...ord/index.html

grant_west 04-28-2016 2:57 PM

I just wanna know did bonner realize Cruze was the devil before or after he had been "moved" by the pope!

I love how trump was playing the sound bight where Carlie was saying Ted was a Politician and that he would say ANYTHING to get elected. LOL and then the 2 of them holding hands LOL

shawndoggy 04-28-2016 3:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1934202)
That's a Trump end loaded question Grant.

Which end is the Trump end?

grant_west 04-28-2016 5:34 PM

Jeremy has been going on and on about the trade deficit and he's right ! Our current trade deals with places like China are no good. Who among the remaining candidates can have any positive effect or change our current bad deals? IMO Hillary has been a horrible SOS, how could she possabley be a good prez. My 2c she is a total joke. Someone here called her Toxic and that was dead on!

ralph 04-28-2016 8:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934237)
Jeremy has been going on and on about the trade deficit and he's right ! Our current trade deals with places like China are no good. Who among the remaining candidates can have any positive effect or change our current bad deals? IMO Hillary has been a horrible SOS, how could she possabley be a good prez. My 2c she is a total joke. Someone here called her Toxic and that was dead on!

The trade deficit starts at home, stop buying cheap **** from China!

Oh and don't run down lovely Hillary. She is a selfless sweet heart with a heart of gold. Just ask Bill.

cwb4me 04-29-2016 4:21 AM

After all, she let Bill choose any woman he wanted. Lol

shawndoggy 04-29-2016 5:22 AM

there's quite a bit of criticism out there of hillary for her husband's fidelity. This line of criticism has never made much sense to me.

Do you guys hold all women to that same standard? Under no circumstances should a spouse stand by another who has strayed?

.... and all of this in comparison to TRUMP of all people, who has lived his own serial infidelity very publicly in the tabloids?

04-29-2016 10:28 AM

If she can't keep her house in order, can she keep the country in order?

Democrats Rioting Again.....

Protesters take to streets after Trump rally in California

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/politi...est/index.html

cwb4me 04-29-2016 1:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawndoggy (Post 1934262)
there's quite a bit of criticism out there of hillary for her husband's fidelity. This line of criticism has never made much sense to me.

Do you guys hold all women to that same standard? Under no circumstances should a spouse stand by another who has strayed?

.... and all of this in comparison to TRUMP of all people, who has lived his own serial infidelity very publicly in the tabloids?

It's not like Bill only strayed once,twice , three or even four times. It's also not like Hillary ever left him or even threatened to. :eek:

wake77 05-01-2016 7:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltahoosier (Post 1934281)
If she can't keep her house in order, can she keep the country in order?

Democrats Rioting Again.....

Protesters take to streets after Trump rally in California

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/29/politi...est/index.html

As opposed to Trump, who has been married 3 times? Does that sound like his "house is in order". That is why I always shake my head when someone proclaims the GOP is the party of morals.

wake77 05-01-2016 7:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1934293)
It's not like Bill only strayed once,twice , three or even four times. It's also not like Hillary ever left him or even threatened to. :eek:

How do you know what happened behind closed doors?

ord27 05-01-2016 8:04 AM

our choices suck. It's just the way it is. It might be that way from here on out. Hopefully, our private and state sectors can overcome a crappy federal government.

for me it's simple
like a few of our left leaning members have preached, we need a more favorable trade system/policy.

I'd like a strong military

I know many disagree with this, but ....

I think social programs are necessary, but I'd like the abuse and waste cleaned up. I be willing to see an increase in programs that help the poor and the elderly/sick, if the abuse was cleaned up. Spending money is necessary, but it needs to be a real budget without waste...

I'd like to see a very strong border policy. We need a leader who isn't going to cave under racist accusations. There has to be a firm policy that is good for the security and continued prosperity of the country, while sticking to our principle of a nurturing country (give us your tired, your poor....)

I think that the minimum wage increase to $15 will be a disaster for small businesses.

Healthcare is a joke....more abuse

Anyway, I can't vote for the left. The left wants to keep increasing social programs that are subject to waste and abuse. They are out of control with the PC stuff.
heck, they even want to allow kids with a dinga ling to share a school locker room with girls......crazy crazy crazy.

I know that my posts will be torn apart and ridiculed, I don't care.

The right isn't much better these days. It's a tough election cycle. I will be forced to cast a vote for the republican candidate, even if it's Trump.

again, the best one running was Rubio. He would have been decent for both sides. The rigged system was just to stupid to get it done.

I sometimes wish that I was as well spoken and researched as many of you, but I work a lot. I own 2 restaurants and have dozens of young families that count on me. The policies of the left scare me. We work our arses off, pay our taxes, and see politicians waste them and want more. It needs to stop

cwb4me 05-01-2016 7:27 PM

Cliff we could play the lotto with our tax dollars and be more productive than what our government is with our money. What people don't realize is the government doesn't give anything to it's citizens that it doesn't take from other citizens. Both sides are crooks and we're discussing which crook is the least guilty or which crook performed the best while working. Lol

digg311 05-01-2016 8:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwb4me (Post 1934378)
the government doesn't give anything to it's citizens that it doesn't take from other citizens.

Um... correct. I guess. How else is the government supposed to operate?

grant_west 05-01-2016 10:32 PM

I agree government can't GIVE you anything. Most are to stupid to realize that Hillary or Bernie that wants to GIVE free this or free that simply" robs from Peter to pay Peter" and then claims they GAVE you somthing. EXAMPLE start calling Obama care Obama care when Obama pays for it himself,

I know this would never happen But wouldn't it be cool if on your IRS tax form they said ok here is what you Owe. Let's say it's $60k in taxes. On your IRS tax form they have all the Governent programs listed. You have to decide where in the government that your 60k go's. Example if you don't like planned parenthood then don't fund it. Let the people decide what programs are important.

And if you don't have a job and dont pay taxes well to bad you have no skin in the game

ralph 05-02-2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934390)
I know this would never happen But wouldn't it be cool if on your IRS tax form they said ok here is what you Owe. Let's say it's $60k in taxes. On your IRS tax form they have all the Governent programs listed. You have to decide where in the government that your 60k go's. Example if you don't like planned parenthood then don't fund it. Let the people decide what programs are important.

And if you don't have a job and dont pay taxes well to bad you have no skin in the game

That is an awesome idea, i love it

grant_west 05-02-2016 8:53 AM

It would be Disruptive Technology. Simple implementation of a program like this would turn spending on and the entire government on its head. No longer could law makers from both sides of the isle tell us what "we need" your tax dollars would do the talking for you. It's such a simple concept it could never work. I love the idea of each person that pays taxes has a say! I love the idea that if you don't pay taxes or you don't have a job then guess what, your opinion doesn't matter. You want more of this or more of that then get a job and get the ability to have a say in the programs or Governent you would like to see.

shawndoggy 05-02-2016 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934421)
It would be Disruptive Technology. Simple implementation of a program like this would turn spending on and the entire government on its head. No longer could law makers from both sides of the isle tell us what "we need" your tax dollars would do the talking for you. It's such a simple concept it could never work. I love the idea of each person that pays taxes has a say! I love the idea that if you don't pay taxes or you don't have a job then guess what, your opinion doesn't matter. You want more of this or more of that then get a job and get the ability to have a say in the programs or Governent you would like to see.

Of course all of you strict constitutionalists know that this would require an amendment to the constitution, right? I mean since congress has the power to tax and spend, after all. But you knew that.

Or another way to look at it -- instead of allowing the mega rich to control the government through elections, we'd just turn over the budgeting process to them. I mean if I'm George Soros or Sheldon Adelson, why would I waste my money getting someone elected, when I can just do their job for them (setting spending priorities).

I'm sure that the top 1%, who pay nearly 50% of all income taxes, would never specify budget line items which would line their pockets. Only politicians are crooks, capitalists are pure like the driven snow.

Have you guys just considered re-instating the poll tax to make sure poor people can't vote?

grant_west 05-02-2016 10:55 AM

Question;

Do you think people on welfare should be allowed to vote?

In life the more money you spend the more you get. Why is it that people that pay the most in tax have the same power as people that pay nothing. Do you think this is fair?

fly135 05-02-2016 11:12 AM

Fairness has many perspectives. You come into this life with nothing and you should leave with nothing. So when you die everything you own should be returned to the people. Sounds fair. If everyone on the planet uses the same amount of the Earth's resources as you, and it's not sustainable then you are using more than your fair share. Right? Every person born into this world is equally deserving of the world resources as anyone else. So concentration of wealth is unfair. Right? Nobody created land, so nobody should be allowed to possess it exclusively. That's fair right?

Nothing is about fairness. There is only one supreme rule.... Might makes right. If you have the might then you determine what's right and fair. In a democracy the majority ultimately have the power to determine what is "right". Even interpretation of the Constitution is subject to political will. So if you want "fairness" to be seen from your prospective then it's important to pay attention to what's going on and not align with policy that when create more people who are against your beliefs. For example, a lot of people can remember why socialism via communism is bad. But they can't remember why there was a communist revolution in the first place.

ord27 05-02-2016 11:48 AM

what's fair is that if I work my ars off, accumulate wealth because I don't spend willy nilly, accumulate property, and businesses, I ought to be able to let my heirs enjoy my hard work after I'm gone. I should not have to be made to let society's lazy suckle off my teat. I should have an obligation to help those that NEED help, but not at a proportion that is greater than ANYONE else......no matter my economic standing

shawndoggy 05-02-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934428)
Question;

Should farmers whose crops are subsidized be allowed to vote?
Should homeowners whose mortgage interest payments are deducted from their income be allowed to vote?
Should Tesla owners who don't pay fuel tax be allowed to vote?
Should recipients of Pell Grants be allowed to vote?

Quote:

In life the more money you spend the more you get. Why is it that people that pay the most in tax have the same power as people that pay nothing. Do you think this is fair?
If you want a nation by, for, and of the oligarchs, Russia comes to mind.

wake77 05-02-2016 1:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grant_west (Post 1934428)
Question;

This may be the dumbest thing that you have ever posted.

fly135 05-02-2016 1:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ord27 (Post 1934433)
...I ought to be able to let my heirs enjoy my hard work after I'm gone. I should not have to be made to let society's lazy suckle off my teat.

Nobody can make you do anything after you are dead. Sure, you might want your heirs to suckle off your teat when you are dead. But the govt can't make "you" do anything.

Just to be clear this is entirely philosophical. But if you really want the discussion to be about fairness then you have to be philosophical because as we all know... life isn't fair.

ralph 05-02-2016 5:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ord27 (Post 1934433)
...... accumulate wealth..... accumulate property, and businesses

"Fair". That is an interesting question. There is a train of thought that accumulation of anything is an illusion. Are you the custodian of things or the owner of them? Other cultures don't think in these terms of individual ownership.

This type of attitude is so far away from the western philosophy that you cannot even have a discussion around what fair means. I'm not sure what the right answer is but more and more I see the western way leads to unhappiness.

Probably a bit obtuse for a Trump thread tho.....

pesos 05-02-2016 9:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so true