WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through November 07, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=389780)
-   -   Santee Lakes Info meeting held (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374040)

lorik 09-28-2006 10:26 AM

Hi all, <BR>I posted this on the thread I started yesterday regarding the proposed park. I thought it may be appropriate to begin a new thread. Anyhow... <BR>The informational meeting was held by the Padre Dam MWD and the developer, Sudweeks (you Canyon Lake folks probably know them), last night. It was attended by about 40 or so nearby residents. A mailing went out to those homeowners within 500 yrds of the proposed facility. <BR> <BR>Traffic and parking are being addressed before the plans go before the City of Santee for approval, which would include a public forum. <BR>There are people whose homes are a stones throw away and already have park goers using their street for parking. <BR>The noise was addressed and I agree that the noise will be minimal. I do however, need to look into the affect the cable motor will have on my two dogs. Remember, dogs hear a higher range of sound than we do, and generally, these types of parks are not located smack in suburbia where pets are a concern. My dogs will certainly bark more - that is what they do! <BR>The park manager, the president of Sudweeks, and his architect have agreed to see my backyard. The architect will render a drawing of what I will see when the cables are up. <BR>It sounds like a great sport that will bring enjoyment to a great many people. It will put Santee on the world map. However, the number of tournaments will probably be limited as well as the number of participants. This neighborhood simply cannot handle a large swelling of people. I will stand firm on that. <BR>The cable park hours will be shortened to start later in the morning. I am not friendly at 6am on Saturday and Sunday, and you probably are not either. Early am hours are simply unacceptable! <BR>I am feeling a bit more at ease about my property values and the neighborhood value, but I have asked a couple of realtors to do some investigative work for me. Hey, this house is part of my retirement $$$. <BR>There will probably be another meeting in couple of weeks that include the changes made to accommodate the stakeholders (me). I think they took the right tact by presenting to us first in a small group and bringing the developer on board early. <BR>If any one of you wish to attend the next meeting, I will post when that is. You could educate us on the sport and present the benefits. And you can see our neighborhood ; ) - Lori

wakeworld 09-28-2006 10:31 AM

Lori, thanks much for keeping us in the loop on the meetings. We definitely appreciate it. I'm going to try to make it out to the next one. Was John Clemmons at the meeting? Did he speak?

lorik 09-28-2006 11:08 AM

I don't recall the name John Clemmons. Who is he? - Lori

wakeworld 09-28-2006 11:26 AM

My understanding is that he's the guy that won the bid to do the park. I know he's been working on this kind of thing in other areas on So Cal, but I think this is the best spot he's found. I think he either hired or is partnering with the development company.

lorik 09-28-2006 11:30 AM

The president of Sudweeks was there and spoke. Sudweeks is the development company that won the bid. Nice guy, but I don't remember his name. He has accepted my invitation to see my back yard tomorrow, and will have his architect render a drawing of what I will see when the cables go up. - Lori

buzz_grande 10-01-2006 12:49 AM

Lori, <BR> <BR>Thanks for keeping us updated. Please post when the next meeting is. I would like to make it by if I can.

sixeye 10-01-2006 9:34 PM

Ditto. I would be interested in attending as well. I am excited at the prospect of a cable park in "our backyard" and yet sensitive to those living around Santee Lakes. I hope that any perceived conflicts can be worked out.

lorik 10-02-2006 1:44 PM

I was told the next community meeting would be scheduled Oct 11 or 12 at 6:30. <BR>Trevor Sudweek, the developer, and his architect, Hau, spent a couple of hours in our backyard last Friday. He has been getting to know the residents. <BR>Parking and other relevant issues are being mitigated ahead of the Condition Use Permit being submitted to the City of Santee. - Lori