WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through February 04, 2005 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211794)
-   -   Sphinx vs Alpha?? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207081)

wickedwake 01-16-2005 11:53 AM

After a year behing the boat Im upgrading to new bindings. Im going with LF. I have really been wanting the new Team bindings but I just dont think im going to have the cash to spring for them, so my next two chocies are the Sphinx and the Alpha's. My question for those who have ridden with both of these bindings is, which is really better for the $$$? Is the only REAL difference the FAST system? I dont feel like I need to have the FAST system. So any comments would be helpful. later, Clay

magellan 01-16-2005 12:08 PM

How often do you change your stance on your board?.. never. <BR> <BR>The FAST system is not neccessary. Go with the Alphas.

wickedwake 01-16-2005 12:18 PM

Yeah, I never change on the boat. I tweaked it as I was learning to ride. So i guess my real question was the FAST the only thing that seperated the Alp/Sphinx. I guess so. Thanks bro!

cwbrider14 01-16-2005 4:28 PM

If you do decide to go with the ALphas I have a set i used four times last year... Blue and Grey, 2004 series. I will sell em cheap. The larges were just a bit to large for me.

wickedwake 01-16-2005 5:41 PM

Thanks for the offer but I wear size 12

wakeboardn4life 01-16-2005 5:53 PM

i have 05 alphas and love them they took some getting used to but after about 5 sets there where like pillows i love em

wickedwake 01-16-2005 6:29 PM

Yeah I saw them on your board and they look sick!

sanger215guy 01-16-2005 6:43 PM

Greg; <BR> <BR>Hey man what's up, Ya still part of the rosie team. Let me chec out those bindings I am interested in adding a pair to another set up that I have.

cwbrider14 01-16-2005 8:36 PM

Sure no prob Gary, I can hold the bindings.. Nah no more rosie ranger... I took a short call for Redwood City and left for Tahoe and got sick. I won't be back in the mix till next week probably.

kenv 01-20-2005 9:47 PM

Clay - wakeboardn4life- you say the Alphas are like pillows after about 5 sets. Were they kinda tight when you first got them. I just put some 05' XL's on a Fish 133 and tried them in the pool. The front of the binding was so tight above my toes that it was cutting off the circulation. I just picked up some XXL's to try and see if they fit a little better. Are these bindings sized really small? Bye the way, my shoe size is 10 1/2 but a little wide - so I figured let's try the XXL. I hope these things loosen up when I actually start riding. I'm not an expert by any means but I want to be comfortable but secure in the boots. Any feedback from anyone else with the 05' Alphas would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken

rere 01-21-2005 5:56 AM

try them on. I think the sphynx are the most comfortable bindings I've ever put on my feet. The Alphas didn't do it for me.

nauty 01-21-2005 7:29 AM

Ken, <BR> <BR>I have the 05 Alphas as well. Mine have the opposite problem. The overlay above the toes is too far away from my toes. You can take apart the front fasteners and adjust this overlay, provided there is enough material left to punch through a new hole. <BR> <BR>I had to do this with mine to make them a litte tighter. You should be able to do the same to make yours a little looser. I would say that if your XLs fit fine everywhere but the toes, you might want to try adjusting the overlay first. <BR> <BR>I would think that if they fit fine everywhere but your toes, going to an XXL may feel better on your toes, but make the rest of the boot too large for your foot.

kenv 01-21-2005 8:52 AM

Thanks Richard. I've already got the XXL's in my possession, so hopefully they will be just right. I wasn't sure I could loosen these bindings when I first looked at them. It's hard trying to find "Goldilocks and the three bears just right fit" At first glance, these XXL's don't look all that much bigger than the XL's. We'll see. <BR>Thanks again.

guido 01-21-2005 10:54 AM

Definitely try on bindings to see what fits you best. The Alphas are nice, but didn't give me the support around the back of my foot that I wanted, but the foot bed is cush. I think the Sphynx's just have a bit more support around the foot and a slightly thicker/softer footbed. I'm riding the '05 transits right now and really like them. Tons of support, really easy to get into and out of, and really comfy. <BR> <BR>Like I said....Try them on. Different people have different feet. Oh, yeah: The fast system is just a good excuse to charge more for the bindings.