WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive through August 04, 2006 (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=354449)
-   -   New Tricks For The Summer? (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349253)

stephan 07-24-2006 10:40 AM

So I figured I'd start the stereotypical bragging rights thread. What tricks have you learned this summer? I don't mean got lucky and landed once, I'm talking what have you stomped a few times and are now claiming? If you want, tell us what you are trying too. Please keep it friendly. <BR> <BR>Personally, I have gotten the nose grab on my roll to revert and I started doing this crowle thing that is kinda like a scarecrow but is stalled out and then ole spun overhead, feels very weird. I'm working on TS Backside 180s and getting close. <BR> <BR>Let the fun begin! And always remember to shred the gnar.

guido 07-24-2006 10:52 AM

HS 5, but it was only once, so far...... <BR> <BR>Not really claiming anything new for the summer, but right now I'm sticking pretty much everything I've got, so I'm stoked. Been really trying to get clean grabs on everything. <BR> <BR>Heavy, the TS/BS 180 trick is all in the handle. Once you get the pass you are money. Just take a toeside jump nice and big and lofty and pull for the handle. I used to pull as I was going up the wake, but I found it works better just to take it big and pull the handle in the air. Also makes them super slow and smooth. Good luck, once you stomp one you'll wonder why it took so long.

garret_s 07-24-2006 10:56 AM

Hmmm...HS 3, HS 3 melon, TS 3, HS 540 (once!), TS 540 (landed my second one perfectly clean yesterday), and still working on backroll. <BR> <BR>So pretty much, working on getting my 5's 100%, and trying to get an invert... <BR> <BR>I am such a putz, why can I not get my invert? Always land all whacked out on backroll attempts, when I actually try them... <BR> <BR>(Message edited by garret_s on July 24, 2006)

kingskrew 07-24-2006 10:57 AM

Garret, you learned all that this summer?! Wow I suck. I havent learned anything new this year except grabbing my tantrums. There's still time.... <BR> <BR>-Steve

garret_s 07-24-2006 10:59 AM

Yeah, well technically, my first hs 3 was in the spring, but I started hitting them consistent this summer, then grabbed. You can do a tantrum, you shouldnt be worrying about learning new things... at least you can go upside down!

liquidmx 07-24-2006 11:40 AM

This weekend was good for me, finally landed my TS off 5, and I got a cab hs r2r! Pretty stoked that things are starting to come around. I also guinea pigged a few hs off 3's and dont feel too far away on that one.

denverd1 07-24-2006 11:43 AM

nailin grabbed 1's both sides. <BR>working on cab 1's and FS 3s. threw a few tantrums. need to sack up and throw a roll

spin2win 07-24-2006 12:12 PM

ts and hs off wrapped oa 5s completly inverted and the reley! now I am starting with the wrapped KGB i keep eating <font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font><font color="ff0000">•</font> under rotating it. any advice on the wrapped kgb

clay_fraley 08-03-2006 12:05 PM

I finally landed the trick that Ive always wanted to do, the whirlybird, I landed it once last year and then I couldn't land it again and finally I went out about a month a go and stomped 2 in a row and then I went out a few weeks after that and landed 12 in a row and now Ive only landed like 3 more I can't figure out why I can't land them now! and If anyone has any advice on the HS 7, Ive been working on those wTw and have been getting close but if anyone has any tips please help! <BR>Thanx -Clay-

dirwoody 08-03-2006 1:35 PM

Yep, still have only ridden 4 times . . . since march, I hate my life