WakeWorld

WakeWorld (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wakeskating (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68124)
-   -   BiLevel (http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248065)

wakemark 08-17-2005 9:50 AM

I tried the Bi-Level last week and I have to say, for me, it was revolutionary. I have been inconsistantly able to do shovits, body varials, ollie 180's and such, but on this board everything was so much easier and all the stuff I was able to land consistantly. It even got me trying wake to wake 180's (small wake)...Anybody else have feedback on the board? Was I just having a good day? It felt so much better!

wakeslife 08-17-2005 3:18 PM

I dont ride one, but was curious how much higher off the water it felt riding one?? Can you ollie alot higher?? They look like pretty sweet boards>

just_board 08-17-2005 8:57 PM

i haven't ridden one either and wanna know if you can get twice the ollie pop or whatever that i've read..

wakemark 08-18-2005 5:39 AM

yeah, the ollie was way bigger (all relative, right?) It felt as though you ride off the water, not a bunch, but enough to make it feel like a skateboard. <BR> <BR>two of the things I liked: <BR>1) The upper deck is way concave, more so than a regular cassette concave, which is why I think some of the tricks were easier <BR> <BR>2) A good ollie makes a little "sprack" sound like a skateboard tail hitting the pavement. I think this is because the two boards hit each other..... <BR> <BR>I found NO downside to this board....**disclaimer** I am a hack! <BR> <BR>Seriously though, even if they have delam problems I would get this skate (but my neighbor says I can use his anytime) <BR>

wakeslife 08-18-2005 4:33 PM

I heard that it was heavy, though, sometimes making it difficult for some flip tricks. Comments??

electricsnow 08-19-2005 9:22 PM

I'm not doing kickflips or anything, but the weight did not hinder my performance at all. It did take a little getting used to, but once you commit to the trick you're doing with a reasonable ollie, all is well. <BR> <BR>Plus, there has been some pretty crazy progression on these decks, with probably the most technical flip trick to date on a wakeskate that nobody really knows about (you'll have to wait for alla prima to find out, and no, it's not a tre flip). <BR> <BR>Now, i'm not saying it's because of the deck, but the weight hasn't stunted anyone's progression or anything. In the end, it's more of a personal choice, because there are decks that many people will love and others will hate.

wakeslife 08-19-2005 9:34 PM

Yeah, i hear you. Hmmmm... more technical than a 3 flip... interesting can't wait to see it.

grant_davis 09-11-2005 6:24 PM

The Bi-Level is great i just wish they would put one out with the foam on top.

dustin_c_wilson 09-15-2005 12:38 PM

I wish they would make more of them so more people could get one.

partydock17 09-28-2005 12:00 PM

I saw the new GATOR BOARDS BI-Level and it is pretty sweet. <BR> <BR>I think its called the duece pop. <BR> <BR>Danny T. <BR>WWW. OKC BOARD SHOP .COM